iPad macworld games?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ipressbuttons, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    hmm i would have thought lots of promotions and new games would have been released today :S i'm quite surprised been saving up too, call me a noob but is there more annoucements coming soon?

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Macworld lasts till the 9th, I believe we should have a couple of games released by then. Maybe even NFS.

3. ipressbuttons

Nov 17, 2008
    ooooooooohh you see i didnt know that XD yeah i'm with you on NFS being released but i dont think the game will be any good to be honest.

4. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    #4 jecebn, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    Slidetoplay just updated their site with some news on upcoming games from devs at Macworld

http://www.slidetoplay.com

Looking forward to Freeverse's Flick Sports Baseball

5. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    ea just doesn't feel iphone yet. sim city, monopoly, spore... those are very good games but not amazing. for a last couple of years ea didn't create any HUGE game though.

6. ipressbuttons

Nov 17, 2008
    i'm with you there :/ they should develop a new IP for the iPhone

7. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I think they have done a great job, compare them to sega, they truly havent done anything while Simcity is one of the fullest games on the iphone. I believe you are expecting 2 much from EA

8. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    This is true, i second this

9. popthatcorn

popthatcorn Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Not to go off into a tangent, but this is kind of untrue. EA's been doing a lot of new stuff, but it is correct that they haven't been bringing much to the iPhone platform yet.

However, they honestly have never done much for portable platforms as far as I can remember- the only big EA portable games I can think of are their sports games on PSP. And they certainly have done better than Sega.

10. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    yes, i said they did. but from a mark like ea you can expect even more. those games aren't as good as they should be. they should be fantastic and they are 'only' very good. :)

11. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    The big surprise from EA is NO SPORTS TITLES.

We backed off from taking our web based iPhone sports titles (Golf, Basketball, a Football game that wasn't released) to native because it seemed natural that EA Sports was going to own the category.

Where's Madden? Where's Tiger Woods?

12. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    mabye problems with it? Mabye early demos/whatnot couldnt preform to their standards, so they trashed it?

13. ipressbuttons

Nov 17, 2008
    Where's Fifa!? :)

14. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Very true, its most of their business, so it pretty surprising really. Of course they could just be waiting for this years batch, but that seems pretty stupid! Maybe they just need more time to fine tune them, especially the controls.