Macworld 2009: LIVE.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by pante, Jan 6, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I don't mind paying 30 cents. Should be free though

2. By the looks of this, you need to buy iWork '09 first!

3. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Always read the small letters in the footer! It says the purchase of iWork 09 does the include the FREE public beta.

4. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #104 BATTLE BORN, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    I know of a cool site. don't know if the quality is the same as apple's, but you can't beat the prices...

[EDIT BY WASTEDYUTHE] Sorry BB. The site you refer to (which I have removed now) is illegal as far as UK law is concerned and therefore I can't condone giving a link for it here, as I am sure the legality is the same elsewhere.

[EDIT by BB] SORRY DUDE!

5. Yeah, but you still need to buy iWork 09-

"The iWork.com Public Beta is not included with the purchase of iWork ’09. Account setup and activation are required. Fees may apply. Internet access and iWork ’09 are required."

6. dannys95

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    #106 dannys95, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    Oh well. I am a PC. And u guys r a mac :)

7. Herp

Herp Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Coram, New York
    Well, I think I should get the option to pay the difference and get the DRM removed/quality updated. :)

Oh, and those Mac books sound so nice... Too bad I just bought a new laptop. :(

8. #108 wastedyuthe, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
    The good news is the music videos are also going DRM free. The only other place I can buy music videos from legally in the UK is 7digital, but their videos often use the WMV DRM'd codec, which can only be played in Windows Media Player. As I own a Macbook and don't have Windows installed (because you can install Windows on a Mac, for those not in the know), this is useless.
    So iTunes will definitely be the place to get my music vids. I will start buying more music from it now too, although I will check with Amazon first as they are almost always cheaper.

BTW, you can now watch the keynote here.