iPad Machweo - a brand new endless runner

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Machweo, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Machweo

Machweo New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Hey guys, Vivek Bigelow and I, Zachary Feldcamp, recently shipped our first game, Machweo, to the iOS app store. We're just starting out in the industry and we'd love if you could spread the word about our game.

[​IMG]

Machweo is an endless runner for iPhone where the player draws a path for a running character. The object of the game is to have the player run as far as possible while avoiding obstacles in the form of masks of gradually increasing difficulty. The character leaves behind a pile of stones called a “cairn” at the location of her furthest distance which also posted to a leaderboard for friends and competitors to see.

[​IMG]

Machweo’s art style describes simple scenes in various natural environments. The time of day progresses from the player’s local time. For instance, if the player starts Machweo at 12 pm, then the sun will be high in the sky, everything will be bright, and birds will be chirping. The game has an upbeat rhythmic track which plays when the game is in action, and ends when the player hits a mask.

Machweo was developed by Vivek Bigelow and Zachary Feldcamp, two students at Indiana University Bloomington.
    Vivek Bigelow, 20, drew all of the visuals and edited the sounds for Machweo.
    Zachary Feldcamp, 22, programmed Machweo.

If you're interested, check out the attached zip folder with media and a description of the game. Thanks for reading, Zack.
    https://www.facebook.com/machweogame
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/machweo/id956041188?mt=8

[​IMG]

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Oh, no rpg :eek: only a free runner...

This simple, yet charming and unique runner hits all my spots right. After five mins i got used to the drawing which is accurat enough with the last pixel on my side. It's colorful with a timeless african drum beat, has a clever challenging and responsive gameplay mechanic and a fast replay button. One iap to remove the ads for one dollar. Very well done.

3. Machweo

Machweo New Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Hey, thanks a lot man. I'm glad you like it.