Universal Machines at War 3 - (by Isotope 244)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Just started playing, the tutorial is a little confusing, but I will try more into the game before commenting, cause the game looks pretty cool.

2. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    From what I understand, it is closer to classic C&C

3. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    After watching the videos I cant help to feel nostalgic about the rts games of yore.

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Looks good, great lineage too

5. soundshaper

soundshaper Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Hi
    Is there any "lite" version to come out later on? So that we can try before buy? Since it is not a "cheap" game, I'd like to be sure of my investment :)

6. Rasterman

Rasterman Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    There is no lite version planned, but it is something I am considering. If there was a lite version what would you want to see in it? You can try out the free demos for Mac or Windows, all of the content in the desktop versions of the game are in the mobile version and the menus and UI are the same. You can also view a game play video here http://youtu.be/Uqft9uZeXHM

7. geniecivil

geniecivil Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Machines at War 3 review

that's good

This game is epic. I only had time to play three campaign missions and a handful of skirmishes, but I can’t wait to continue unfolding the story of the missing researchers. The replay value is high because you score better for completing the missions faster. Plus, when you are done with the campaign, you aren’t finished. You can play random skirmishes or online multiplayer battles until your fingertips are raw. i like to get one for my brother

thank you so much

8. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Love the Total Annihilation vibe in this and LASW. There's so few modern RTS games that maintain it.

9. soundshaper

soundshaper Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    A little run thru the tutorial and maybe the intro or 1st chapter of the campaign would be more than good enough, cos playing on ipad or iPhone is often quite a different experience to the PC or Mac version (at least 90% of the time) and I also never play games on my computer, I only play in the subway or in bed before falling a asleep. I would be looking forward a "try" version, and I suppose I won't be the only one :) hopefully there will be one soon enough!

10. Rasterman

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    Thank you for the kind comments. Please post a review in iTunes if you have time.

11. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I love strategy and the graphics look awesome. Can I be entered in for a code please?

12. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    So trying to play the tutorial. Where is the tech level two icon? I know where it should be, but on my phone it isn't there.

13. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Looks great but sounds like a hard game to get into... don't want to buy another game I set aside because I got bored or confused with the rules/mechanics...

How does this play?

14. poohzombie

poohzombie Active Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I don't know if this will help you, but if you've played an RTS (Red Alert/Warcraft/Starcraft etc.) than you should be comfortable with the mechanics here. I can't speak for someone who is new to the genre, but I felt the tutorial did a great job of introducing the rules/mechanics.

Loving this game, by the way. Money well spent. I believe I'll get some mileage outta this title.

15. Rasterman

May 10, 2010
    Game Monger
    Tampa, FL
    The Tech 2 icons appear (in the build menu on the right side of the screen) after you click on your Headquarters, but in the tutorial (to make it simpler for beginners) the icon doesn't appear until after you complete the objective of Building 3 Challenger Tanks.

16. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Another RTS by Isotope 244. I bought this the second I saw it in iTunes. I've played it and I think it's great, however my only gripe is how small everything is on my iPhone 4. The retina graphics are a pleasant surprise, but I'm struggling to see the tanks, infantry and etc. The infantry literally look like ants running around the war field. Is there anyway to slightly increase the size off the overall game or add a zoom feature? Nevertheleess, it's a good game, keep up the great work.

17. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Looks cool. Love RTSs, but I'm concerned how it will play on a 4" iPhone screen. It's proly superb on iPad. Very tempted to make the purchase for the price of a pack of smokes. A little insight from anyone playing on 4" screen wld b greatly appreciated. Thnx

18. thematrixx

thematrixx Active Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Its a "no-brainer" either way. I paid $10 for LASW when it was first released and got way too many hours of enjoyment so at its current pricing go for it. I also think this new one is different enough that its worth buying both. I for one will purchase anything this developer puts out.

19. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Anyone played this on an iPod touch 5 or other small 'widescreen' device? Is it too small to enjoy and read?

20. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I hope there will be more games like Machines at War 3 because ipads need RTS games which are the hardcore ones and you can play them normally even if you don't have controller or keyboard.

Thank you Rasterman that you brought this game to ios. :)