Universal Mabinogi Duel (by NEXON Company)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IzumiNowa, Sep 15, 2015.

1. flashsuper

flashsuper Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2015
    #61 flashsuper, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    The only thing I can think of is you would be missing a card, but you said you have 12 cards so I don't know that's weird

Edit: okay VERY WEIRD. It's happening to me now. I can't play in the arena. My deck has 12 cards, but it says I can't play because my deck doesn't have 12 cards. What the hell?

2. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Overworked Graphic Designer :)
    Nice. The Cat Merchant's basically been a source of spam for me - I'm half-tempted to turn him off every day.

I actually tried that once on the iPad, but then I was playing on-the-go on the phone and he started stalking me THERE. Guess the leave-me-alone is device specific. ;)

Best he's ever offered is letting me trade a Citizen (I had two) for a 1* "Drag to Hell" card.

3. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #63 vectorarchitekt, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    Not sure if it's a bug or some dynamic I am missing. I deleted everything and made a new deck. I lost some good cards but I've barely stared so oh well. It worked.

4. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Did it ever really explain in-game how "mutant" cards work?

I suppose I could have figured it out just by looking at the boosters, but the game took on another level of depth after discovering you can have "+1/-1" versions of cards (they have higher level costs/stats than your current level) or even a completely different resource type to summon.

http://mabinogiduelwiki.com/index.php/Mutant_Cards

5. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Nice game with that vainglory + tcg touch of style in the game management, however i can see this becoming a near pay to win to unlock more variety of cards, however finding money and getting new cards is much easier than most other tcg games

Perhaps hearthstone could learn a thing or two from this game

Although i noticed nexon games nowadays are being too generous with there freebies, i wonder if this is a new marketing scheme to pull in potential in app purchasers

6. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Been playing solid getting my platinums, you get the premium packs too. :D I have to switch out my newbie deck though but I understand how to play it well. (Might make a mana camp deck)

7. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I still don't understand why if i have a certain amount of those leaves and a card says x number is required and I have enough, why is the card still dark and unusable?
    One thing I dislike about this game is you can't use half your deck most of the time, and turns are wasted on charging while you get your ass kicked, because the opponent keeps putting cards out.
    What am I doing wrong?

8. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    If a card is greyed out, it will typically have a number over it saying "(Resource)X Required".

That's not the number of the resource you need to CAST it, that's the number of ADDITIONAL resources above your CURRENT amount that you need to obtain.

So if a card takes five Nature and you currently have two, it will be greyed out with "3 Nature Required" above it.

9. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Finally winning all the time, went ahead and bought first membership. Love this. Haven't been entertained by a single game this much recently.

10. flashsuper

Nov 19, 2015
    I love this game. Would you say the membership is worth it? You get a certain amount of diamonds per day right? And packs cost 30 diamonds. Just wondering, I'm on the fence on buying the membership . But I love the game so I might buy it anyways to support the dev.

11. remorhaz

remorhaz Member

Oct 9, 2013
    I like this game. I have a feeling it will get lost in glut of mobile togs that are coming i.e. Star Wars and elder scrolls but it's a nice change up from hearthstone. I would describe it as fusion of magic and duel of champions and a sprinkling of shadow era mechanics. There are plenty of daily missions and arena modes to play, a cool system that actually allows for trading which IMO is the lifeblood of ccgs and one of my big problems with hearthstone.

I haven't jumped into live duels yet but I have to imagine this is where the pay wall could be. I do think you could make a decent aggro or midrange deck being f2p but per usual all the control powerhouse cards are 3 and 4 stars.

I like the cat merchant. It's a nice touch for people who can't use soul link.

The one caveat I have and it doesn't bother me in the least but it may be a deal breaker for some is the gratuitous homage to cleavage found in the art. It's not quite dead or alive but it's in the neighborhood.

My in game name is : remorhaz

Anyone is free to add me for friend duels.

12. Laire

Laire Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    The Premium Membership B effectively gives you 1,260 Gems over 28 days.

You immediately receive 300 Gems, twenty 10% discount coupons usable on all boosters, and twenty 10% discount coupons usable on the latest boosters. (Each coupon saves you three gems on a 30 gem booster, so if you use them all it's the equivalent of 120 more gems.) These coupons seem to last for about five weeks.

You'll also get 30 Gems per day for 28 days (a total of 840 additional gems). (You'll actually get the first 30 gems as soon as you enable the Membership, so you get 330 Gems right away.)

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    How come Spellcraft, a very very similar game never got the attention this is getting!? This is a lane based TCG, no more, no less. Don't even think Spellcraft has even been mentioned here as a similar game yet.
    It must be the flashy story, UI, and boobs that's doing it.

(Other similars include kard combat, specttomancer and card wars if anyone is interested).

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Ya, the big b00bs, love them, but I'm shallow when it comes to the flashing of flesh. #

15. flashsuper

Nov 19, 2015

Yeah and when you kill a hot girl with big boobies , her boobs bounce, it's a nice touch, I just noticed this today

16. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I was laughing at the bouncing breastseses and all, but for me the card art and overall style convinced me to try this. It reminds me of Magic without all the complications of that game.

17. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Mabinogi has been a fantastic surprise. I initially skipped over it but I kept reading the high praise it was getting in this thread and after playing for a day it's one of the best card battlers I have played on the iPad. The F2P elements so far have been great and the gameplay and presentation are really well done. Very happy I tried this one out.

18. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Best tcg so far

Finally a tcg where its not rng based since you start with all your cards in your deck in your hand and can reclaim them over and over again by consuming hp (with a heal build you can continuously replenish hp and cards)

I also like how every card is useful in its own way as they also get stronger by levelling yourself

Even the most basic card such as the fox can mean a win, love the reference when its about to win and say "what does the fox say?"
    Its a nice touch to the game i think

19. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The production values here are top-notch. This game is also portrait, which I think is awesome! Nobody cares about the boobs. Different cultures, Asian cultures seem to like anime woman. Means nothing to me. There are other lane games (as you mentioned) but none this smooth. And in general, new is always fun.

20. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Bumped off the hot games list...I hope this game keeps getting attention and new players.