Universal M.U.S.E. - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Hmm...that's not how I've been playing at all. I've been linking together combos, running around, and picking up health packs. With some nice timing and a good combo, you can take out 3(4) enemies at a time and it really does feel gratifying. Adrenaline mode is a plus too like SV said.

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    the health packs are usually behind things you can use as cover... I think there were 4-6 health packs in the first level... after you clear out an area, it's usually a good idea to run back and see what all you missed...

3. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Wow I really must be doing something wrong lol. I'll play some more tonight and try to chain some more combos together and be on the look out for health packs.

4. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Wait for about 2 or 3 of them to cluster by a car, lob a grenade, and watch the magic. (you can also shoot the car) I've managed to easily take out 2 by shooting barrels. The only problem with shooting barrels is the friggin' auto aim.

5. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Haha. Wow.. Big fan are we?

Was just saying Shadowgun's graphics are simply fantastic, whether u find the style to be monotonous is a different issue.

The graphics in MUSE.. Well, they're good but nowhere near the quality of Shadowgun, especially character art.

6. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I'm a big fan of Sgadowgun's and my argument still stands as to why M.U.S.E.'s are better. Doesn't seem that hard to smooth out the same, monotonous thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but there's less detail in Shadowgun IMO. As far as characters, the games are different styles. I particularly like the arcadish feel of M.U.S.E's graphics.

Ugh...this is why I made the last comment/statement in my other post anyways!

7. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    That logic is baffling. I was talking about "character art". ;)

Anyways I'll stop this since I don't want to sound like I'm hating on the game. Was just offering my opinion to someone who asked.

8. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I know but when you add in different styles of the game, it can apply to how you perceive the character art. If I'm right, they were going for an arcadish vibe. If that's the case, the graphics/characters are amazing IMO. If it was meant to be like SG then you're right and SG's characters are better looking. Still not by a landslide IMO.

9. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    +1

Shadowgun has amazing graphics, no way of denying that. I will say its lacking somewhat in variation, but I personally don't mind. There are some levels that mix it up, letting you go outside the facility for brief periods of time too.

MUSE has variation, but overall the quality is just not at Shadowguns level. It's a step in the right direction, but to me it seems that MUSE is still not as polished as Shadowgun, especially with all the changes they put into their latest update.

10. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Again, I think it's how you perceive the styles. MUSE has an arcade vibe to it and that's what the design reflects. Also, it's probably easier to polish a more monotonous design.

This is why I brought up the console debate thing. Ask me how many times we've debated graphics on consoles.

11. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    I think it's unanimous, in the graphics department, Shadowgun exceeds what the compitition can hope to achieve.

12. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    That makes no sense. You don't know what the developers aim was. If they were going for an arcade feel then they nailed it. Also when you add in variation, the game changes a bit. If SG was less monotonous and had more variation would it still look as good? IDK, do you? Also, most people will just look at SG and probably say, oooh smooth lines and bright colors. They won't look at anything else. That's how a child would look at something.

13. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Let's settle this "Shadowgun versus M.U.S.E. Graphics Debate" in a single sentence: 'Both of them are awesome graphically.'

14. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    That's what I've been saying. They have different styles. That's what makes them different games.

Gosh, we might as well argue which cartoons looks better in HD. :rolleyes:

15. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    It makes complete sense, bud. The majority believes Shadowgun has better graphics. Ur the only one here arguing otherwise.

16. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Yeah, because the majority is always right? I would think you're defense of DH3 would try and prove otherwise. I'm not arguing that most ppl are over obsessed with SG's graphics and don't really know what to look for in terms of overall quality. What I'm arguing is this " Shadowgun exceeds what the compitition can hope to achieve."

17. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Posted a thread for this to keep this thread clean.

18. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Alright cool! :)

19. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Thanks and I have the same feelings you do about the graphics.
    I watched gameplay of muse and it looks like a really fun game but Shadowgun to me looks way better. SG is so polished, from accurate lighting/shadows to real metal looking walls/doors etc.

Gameplay is a different issue, SG is definitely a super linear game with lack of weapons/customization and real story.

I'll eventually get MUSE but not until I beat SG first.

The real question for me is: Archetype worth it?

20. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    That's a toughie. I enjoyed it back when it first came out, but haven't really been played it since. I'd suggest you go to the thread for it.