Universal M.U.S.E. - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    So I found that you can run sideways at the same speed that you roll sideways... Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of rolling?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If the purpose of rolling is to avoid gunfire, no, it doesn't.

3. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    squarezero is right, you have a much greater chance of avoiding damage while rolling.

4. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm really finding it bizzare why all these new games lag on the 4G ipod. I also think the iOS 5 has a lot to do with it.

Games like Black ops zombies lag on my 4G ( it's funny how on my older 2G ipod, Codwaw zombies is very smooth and is graphically pretty much the same and it only takes up 60 mb as apposed to 800mb )

5. megasiech

megasiech Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Smooth playing on IPad2..no lags and after a while training i can handle the controls very good..

*argh* i hate this Enemys with Rocket Launcher^^

6. thecabster

thecabster Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    C.E.O./Co-Founder at Lab Rats Studio
    RDU, NC
    umm, cool! vote for M.U.S.E. guys! please? ;)

7. Shadster86

Shadster86 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    #107 Shadster86, Dec 22, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
    The Vorg Zed Ultra is a pretty lethal opponent. If you like them you will REALLLYY enjoy the new enemy types we have set for our first content update :cool:

8. thecabster

thecabster Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    C.E.O./Co-Founder at Lab Rats Studio
    RDU, NC
    M.U.S.E. is now under "New and Noteworthy" under the "Games" category of the App Store! Awesome!

9. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    optimization

10. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    From what I've seen it seems like Shadowgun has way better graphics.. am I correct in that assumption?!

11. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    No!!

12. Shadster86

Shadster86 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I challenge anyone to beat my high scores!

13. chase123

chase123 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Pakistan,Karachi.
    My verdict:
    The gunplay is boring and the grenade effects suck.
    The cut scenes are nice and the graphics are okay.
    2.5/5

14. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I really tried to like it as the concept is quite intriguing.
    But in the moment it´s just too much wrestling with the controls, which even feel a lot of times unresponsive in the heat of the fight.
    The colours are a bit too dark, too...imo.
    And by now i really miss the option to revisit a level in order to grind and better your stats.

What a pity, will see how it plays after the update, cuz right now i´m afraid i throw my iPad outta the window at some point if i continue.

15. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    I still don't understand all the gunplay is boring comments.!?! Could people elaborate and then maybe compare it to another game that's sooo much better.

16. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    100%

17. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Personally I do find the gunplay kind of boring but I also found shadow gun boring, just because especially with this game, you run get to cover take a quick shot then get back behind cover because you have such limited health, there aren't health packs lying around and when in super mode or what ever you don't really generate much health. I'm definitely not expecting to be able to just run up to an enemy and shoot him down, but its kind of boring just sitting behind cover than taking a shot than going back behind cover to conserve your health. It really really slows down the pace of the game in my opinion, if there were scattered health packs or in adrenaline mode you recovered more hp, that would be awesome. (I didn't really have a chance to upgrade much so I don't know how it is further on).

18. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    hmm... there are health packs scattered about... and the amount of health you regain while in Adrenaline mode is based on your combo if I'm not mistaken... oO

19. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I haven't played a ton but I've seen one health pack. But I didn't know that about adrenaline mode, will have to see how that goes. Really those were just my impressions from about an hour of play.

20. GoofyJmaster.

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Maybe I'm confused, but how does Shadowgun have better graphics. It's all the same thing throughout the game. Muse's graphics vary more IMO, have small details that add to the game, and just adds that overall oomph that I was looking for in graphical terms. There's just so much more going on in Muse's landscape than Shadowgun, and I VERY much appreciate it. Shadowgun was awesome but IMO the graphics/style was very monotonous, but just looked so pretty every one ate it up like nobody's tomorrow.

Personally, Shadowgun reminds me more of a PS1/2 game than Shadowgun ever did. Can people elaborate on why?!?

Plus anyways, they're different styles/settings, so to say one is totally (100%) better than the other is a crock.

This is the same crap I used to hear back on console. Dude aren't these graphics a bit nicer than these? No man, these graphics are a bit better than these. Argue for a wile then agree that they're totally different games and can be argued both ways.

I think M.U.S.E's graphics are better, you think SG's are better. At the end of the day they both look great.