Universal M.U.S.E. - (by Ayopa Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Well, here's my thoughts on the game:

- It really needs a better icon I think. Not sure if its just me, but I think the icon could be improved upon a lot.
    - The overall feel of the game is perfect. Love the way it feels like a real arcade game, which I think is exactly what you were shooting for.
    - One other complaint: the frame rate drops a bunch during the action on my 4th gen iTouch. Any chance you can up the frame rate a little bit?

Overall a very nice game. Definitely worth picking up for anyone with an extra buck or two right now. Very fun game.

2. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Hey, my game keeps crashing on the first oil rig level as I try to resume progress. Can I just replay the previous level and I should be good to go? Or am I stuck? I really want to finish this. :(

3. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Not positive, but yes I believe you can resume that way. We should know exactly what the problems are by later tomorrow so there may be some temporary solutions while you guys wait for the patch.

4. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Completely unplayable on my iPhone 4...crashes EVERY single time. Never had this consistently happen to any other game on my phone.

Any suggestions?

5. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Does it crash right when the app boots or somewhere else?

6. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Directly after the loading screens. I tried to get past that part about a dozen times, but I have still failed to see any of the gameplay yet...

7. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Same for me. It makes me sad because this was one of the few iOS games I actually had intentions of finishing. D:

8. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Thanks guys, that really helps narrow it down. Unfortunately it doesn't look like there's a workaround for that kind of crash, but we'll be sending a fix update out tonight so you'll be able to finish it really soon. Thanks for enjoying the game!

9. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    #209 arce, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
    Hello Sir
    working fine on my iphone 4 never crash.but not save progress.

10. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    What version of iOS do you have?

11. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    ios 5.0.1

12. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    that's very funny

13. thecabster

thecabster Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2010
    C.E.O./Co-Founder at Lab Rats Studio
    RDU, NC
    Just saw Adrian got to you, keep an eye out for the new patch soon.

14. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Hey guys, the 1.2.1 update has been dispatched and is awaiting review. Crashes were likely caused by a glitch in the save game, anyone affected by it will have their saves fixed in the new patch. For those whose games aren't saving progress, when you get the new update try using the new toggle iCloud off option in the main menu. Also note that playing from Level Select will not advance you in the story once you reach the end of the level, it is solely for replaying each level individually for high score attempts and getting more credits.

Sorry about the problems you've been having and thanks for sticking with it while we resolve these issues :)

15. LabRatsAdrian

LabRatsAdrian Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Version 1.2.1 just went live, and it should have fixes for the issues everyone has been having. Sorry for the delay and please enjoy the new content!

16. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I can't even get past the 1st level. :eek:. Game is difficult to the point where it takes the enjoyment out of it.

17. Masterchief

Masterchief Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Jupiter's Core mission is not loading,its crashed to springboard

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    weren't you having trouble with shadowgun? just keep trying young man

19. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    The driller level a while back. I actually finished Shadowgun the other day. :D

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Decided to run through the game really fast so I could get the huge file off of my device. It has to be one of the worst experiences I've had on the 4th gen. The game only took two hours to beat, but it could have been only an hour if it didn't crash twice every single level. I couldn't watch the ending because it kept crashing as soon as the cutscene started. Tried five times and just deleted it. It's a mediocre TPS with dreadful performance. There was no point utilizing cover since you could just blast your way through everyone due to the low difficulty level of the game. Although Shadowgun has its fair share of performance issues as well, I definitely prefer the firefights in it compared to the ones in MUSE. Pass.