M.U.L.E. needs an iOS presence

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Chocolate, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    For those old enough and/or fortunate enough to have enjoyed the wonders of the great old game, M.U.L.E. (I used to play the Atari computer version - which is also THE version), wouldn't it be a great iOS game?

I recall there being a remake in the works last year, but it seems to have all but disappeared.

Is the game still coming? Is there even anything like it in the app store? (I searched but didn't find anything, not even an indie clone/remake).

Best title screen EVAR!!!1 ---> http://www.atarimule.com/index.htm :D

2. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    ll check it out soon :)

3. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd love a true iDevice version!

Rixx

4. Love M.U.L.E. back in the day. I'd always corner the market on energy and win. I guess I was a bit of a prick. :) An iOS version would be awesome, especially on the iPad.

5. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    M.u.l.e.

http://www.imule.us/

Has this project been totally dropped or what? Does anyone have any info whatsoever?

This was a terrific game and would be a perfect addition as an App.

6. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Sure. I was programming Atari games in 1980. I actually won the first 1st prize they handed out for developers (Domination).

M.U.L.E. needs to be done, updated graphics, etc. Was a fabulous board game. Would still be.

7. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Forgive me for being young but, what is it exactly? And how much would someone like it without nostalgia?

8. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Mining for Smithore on some distant planet with a few unforgettable characters. It was a very fun game, like a board game. There are enough older fans of the game to provide a solid base for marketing it to the App store.