Universal M.U.D. Rally (by CviGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CviGames, Jan 20, 2017.

1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello guys, the new version of M.U.D. Rally will be online in a few hours. It introduces a lot of features, in order to bring the game to the "next level".
    First and probably most important, M.U.D. Rally introduces METAL support. Thanks to it, graphics makes a big jump ahead when compaired with the previous version (see attached video). This version of M.U.D. Rally enriches environments with a ton of new stuff, like more trees, rivers and lakes and houses. Cars are now better from a graphics point of view. Shader for liveries has been rewritten: now reflections are smoother and more realistic, you will see trees and other object reflect on the car while driving, for a console-quality graphics. All of this with a better framerate than before!
    New co-driver language: deutsch. You can now choose between English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and German.
    New car: thanks to the collaboration with the Racing Team "Ruivo Rally Team" running in the Portuguese Rally Championship.

Although M.U.D. Rally is always at the top of the Charts in some country for the category Racing, I am a bit surprised that it has so little coverage. Through this year, the game has undergone heavy aesthetic and gameplay refinements in order to encounter the players tastes. And currently it has a high rating.
    I would like to know if you have any idea or comment on how to further improve the game.
    Thank you everyone :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zantrop64

Zantrop64 New Member

Jan 25, 2019
    Male
    Hello everyone, I created an account on this site because CVI seems to respond over here.
    I’m just here to give some feedback on M.U.D rally
    First of all, I don’t mind the graphics, although running on low fps and low graphics can be annoying. Maybe notgenerating the whole track at once would solve the problem?
    Next I have a few complaints over the level design and the copilot.
    Sometimes, i just go through the ground into infinite, wrong direction appears whe i’m in the right one, says go left when i must go right, not enough calls from the copilot (crest, jumps are too quiet and too late) almost all calls are really late and should appear while i’m in the precedent turn, improper turn calls ( higher numbers sould be easy turns) lack of multiplayer on android, it’s really hard to get a new car, random difficulty (i’m looking at you last stage of mexico), not intuitivenavigation through menus, impossible to sell cars (even if ir was at a lower price it would still be nice), aaaaaand... i think that’s it

But don’t think I hate this game, I do not
    I think this is a really nice game, and it was a bold choice of making a simulation axed game on mobild devices, but it could be really awesome with some improvements, it’s because i believe in that you i’m listing defaults. I’ts not for nohing that i downloaded the game on my phone after finishing it on my iPad.

Take care (of you and your game) and have a good day!

CviGames likes this.
  3. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello everyone guys! It’s a long time since the last update on M.U.D. Rally. Meanwhile, it hit the barrier of 5 M downloads worldwide so I decided to re work on a lot of things, hearing your feedbacks. And here we are, with a little video preview of some of the new features, and a long loooong changelog :)
    M.U.D. Rally version 2.0
    expected release date: 21/06/2020

Here’s a list of the new features:
    -All menus have been rewritten from scratch. Crisper fonts, better navigation, faster and overall simply way better than before.
    -Graphics have been dramatically improved. The game adds a lot of graphic details (houses and other props, better materials and textures for everything, from tracks all the way down to cars), all colors have been fine tuned for a better tune.
    -Performance have been dramatically improved. The game runs smoother without losing any detail, thanks to an accurate optimization of all the code. Player can even chose if the game should run at 60 FPS or 30 FPS, both from main menu and pause menu, together with a lot of other adjustments, as seen in the video).
    -Cars have been fine tuned for improved controls. Better brakes, and controls rewritten from scratches. As you can see from the video, now it’s extremely easy to drive with tilt steer. Also the audio of cars received some tuning. Plus you can set from menus the volume separately for engine and sound effects.
    -Copilot can now be set to “essential”, so to make him just announce the turns. This is an option for all of you who just hate being scolded by him. You can even set him completely off.
    -There’s a new Category, Z-Spec, including some new car (more powerful and with improved aero package), and a new championship for them!
    -Replay mode is now a thing! You can watch and save your races to a Gallery, and watch them again every time you want!
    -Tracks models have been reviewed, new lighting settings, new and better skies and above all new and better trees.
    -Controls have been rewritten. They are now more fast and make the car easier to control!
    Well there’s a lot of new stuff. The version 2.0 is my way to thank you all for your reviews and for your support, guys. And I hope it will make you enjoy the game even more than before!

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Looks great, will keep an eye out for it.
    Well done!

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    As the release day approaches, I would like to show you one of the new features of M.U.D. Rally... Replay mode!
    *Bonus* you may now also enjoy something I kept hidden for as long as I could: new engine sounds. I’ve been working on a new algorithm for all the cars in game, in order to reproduce engine sound with highest as possibile fidelity when compared to the real thing. It took me endless nights asleep. I’ve been able some time ago to register some real WRC and super 2000cc engine sounds, but I kept those audio file stored for a long time, trying to figure out how could I implement them in game.

hope you enjoy!
    P.s. Being beta footage, something may still vary on the final release!

6. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Here we are guys, some of you may have noticed that M.U.D. Rally v2.0 has already reached App Store, so maybe you already saw all the new stuff introduced. By the way, I post here a preview video together with some artwork, an the full changelog:

-Added 4 new cars, inspired by new regulations that are inspiring the most famous Rally categories of the world;

-Added new Z-Spec Championship. Compared to J,B and S spec, this one is a bit more challenging;

-Added Replay mode, with a dedicated Replay Gallery;

-Improved engine sound;

-New car sound effects;

-All cars graphics have been improved;

-All environments and tracks graphics have been improved;

-You can now disable co driver voice, or limit its usage to turns notes;

-Rewritten controls: faster and more reliable;

-New menu, and overall new UI;

-Settings can now be accessed from menu and pause screens;

-More control over graphics, sound and control settings;

-You can now adjust on-screen touch buttons as you prefere;

-Rewritten tilt-steering control;

-Improved touch-steering control;

-Performance improvements, you can now chose to target 30 or 60 fps;

-Faster loadings;

-Stability improvements;

-Fixed a bug that could prevent final results to show on Stage 3 of Italy;

-Fixed a bug that could cause the car to hit invisible objects and abruptly steer off track;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Nice! Excited to try this out! Re-downloading now! Thx!

8. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello everyone, since this game is always improving and improving...
    I'm here to inform you that v 2.1.0 of M.U.D. Rally has just been submitted to Appstore!
    Some of the improvements can be seen in the image below... for the other ones you will have to go on track again :)
    In the comparison below, you can notice the following improvements:
    -Terrain shaders have been rewritten for upgraded realism and look. For example, you can notice how the "rock" in v 2.0.0 has that clear brown, deformed texture. Or you can also notice that on the track sides texture is blurred and stretched. All of these issues are gone in v 2.1.0: you can notice how rock blends perfectly with grass, and without any deformation. Also, the stretched grass at the sides of the street is gone.
    This new features makes all the stages look massively better than before.
    -Guardrails and barriers! Finally M.U.D. Rally adds guardrails and barriers, right where you would supposedly find them in real life. This helps players in many ways: guardrails are a major cue for turns, so while playing, you will notice turns much better. They will also prevent the car from falling from high slopes, forcing the car to reset: this is one of the most hated old features of M.U.D. Rally.
    -A huge amount of supporters alongside the stages! Using advanced techniques, I've been able to add a lot of fans around the tracks: this improves the sense of immersion in the game, and enriches the stages. But people are not the only addition: you will also find cars and trucks parked here and there... like in real rally stages!
    -Motion blur: in the picture of version 2.1.0 you can notice motion blur on the sides of the screen. This helps get the sense of speed the game gives you.
    -Improved lightings: even if in the picture below it's barely noticeable, you will find brighter skies and blooms in the game!
    And now something that it's not featured in the picture below:
    -Improved dirt on cars;
    -Improved rain and snow effects;
    -Improved wet mud tracks look;
    -Performance improvements;
    -Bug fixes;
    -Controls on screen more viewable than before.
    Can't wait for you to try out all the new stuff :)
    comparison.jpg

Truncana likes this.
  9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Nice! Look forward to trying it out

CviGames likes this.
  10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you, hope you like it! It's live now :D

I would also like to share with you a curiosity that came out from feedbacks... it looks like Android players are not enjoying the car behaviour, especially when it comes down to steering (a lot of android players report "exagerated understeering").
    Therefore, from v 2.1.0, the android version will be a little bit different from the iOS one (more arcade driving style).

I'm currently working on a new damage model. The aim is to have a new "Realism championship mode", where you will have 2 Service stops in between the stages, in order to repair damages to the car (something inspired by the very first Colin McRae Rally for PS1).
    I will keep you updated :)