Universal M.U.D. Rally (by CviGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CviGames, Jan 20, 2017.

1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello again mates :)
    The latest update, v 1.0.9, took more than prevented to get live, but it's finally out :D
    Here's a changelog of what contains:
    *Graphics*
    -Rally of Italy: revised graphics, trees are more realistic and in line with Italian vegetation;
    -Rally of Finland: revised graphics, trees are more realistic and in line with Finnish vegetation;
    -Rally of France: revised graphics, trees are more realistic and in line with French vegetation;
    -Cars' wheels are bigger, and cars overall looks better than before;
    -Some other things have been fixed, in line with other graphics improvements;
    *Gameplay*
    -Fixed a bug which caused the car to steer more on right than left sometimes;
    -Car control has been further smoothed;
    -Bug fixes here and there;
    *Sound*
    -Cars have a more realistic sound: releasing throttle may cause backfires just like real rally cars;
    But it is not over! v 1.1.0 is undergoing right now into testing. Here are some of the features that will bring:
    -Rally of Finland: smoother roads, for reduced bumpiness;
    -Rally of France: smoother roads, for reduced bumpiness and grip values revised for easier control;
    -Car control hugely improved in critical situations where the car may react too nervously to user actions :)
    It is thank to the help of customers reviews and this forum if the game did hugely change in better from v 1.0.0 to 1.0.9.
    Looking forward to your comments on it :D

2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    #62 Stronsay, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Thanks for fixing the steering. Saves me having to compensate for the right-hand bias. I see also we have the correct trees for each region and many other graphic upgrades. Looking much improved.

The Rally of Finland time attack stage 5 needs some attention. The timing clock is not working, the camera is unstable, and when completed the text is saying "Rally of Italy stage 1". I was still able to complete this stage though. The other Finland stages seem ok.

3. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks for reporting, will try to include a fix for that in v 1.1.0 #

4. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Love the new update, getting better each time. Will the hood can be coming soon?

5. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Yep # We succeeded in coding it, we just need to extend it to all cars. Should be featured in next update, or the one immediately after that#

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Excellent!

7. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Mission accomplished! We just finished coding hood cam for all cars ;) In some day v 1.1.0 will be live!
    I would like to know what you guys think about cars controls right now. You've followed the game since the first release and are aware of all changes. Is there something you would like to change in it?

8. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    It's all looking good now, and I notice all the work on the appearance of the cars. The progressive accumulation of mud and damage is effective. The handling is fine, mostly. Yesterday, on one of the Finnish tracks, the Lancia Delta hit a small bump at speed, jumped 50 feet into the air, made 3 forward somersaults and landed some way off the road. That seemed a bit excessive but could well have been down to driver error.
    There is a good contrast in handling with the various track surfaces. I still think snow is the most interesting challenge, though it's fun to have a blast on tarmac as well. I'm looking forward to the Welsh stages.

9. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    While it's kind of real to have bumps on the road, I decided to make roads smoother in tracks like Finland Stage 2 or France Stage 1, this makes for a better handling, and avoids strange situations like the one that occurred to you. We are also improving e-brake (it will be more effective in v 1.1.0), together with an improved algorithm for tire-terrain contact. The upgrade will be live in some hour on Android, while it will take some more time for iOS due to further improvements and the time taken by Apple to review it :)
    I am still searching for people who would like to lend their voices to the co-pilot in Spanish, Portuguese and other languages... Do you speak one of these languages, or know someone who does? :D

10. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Good news :)
    v 1.1.0 is waiting for review, it should be live in two days :)
    Here is the full changelog:
    - Added hood camera;
    - Game now saves your camera chose, so you don't have to change every time you start a stage;
    - Cars' damages improved: now they look better and more realistic;
    - Improved graphics;
    - Improved handling: using handbrake is way more effective (and funny) expecially on mud, snow and sand :D;
    - Added co-pilot's voice in Italian and Spanish;
    - Bug fixes;

And we are already working on v 1.1.1, among the other features, it will brings some new car, banners and signals can be destroyed when hit and some other cool feature ;)

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hood camera! Awesome cannot wait to test it out, thanks for all your hard work#

12. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thank you for supporting us since the very first beta release (=

13. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Glad to.
    Hey a quick question.. Is there any way to transfer the game progress between devices. I have started using an iPad, and would love to pick up my saved progress from my iPod.
    Cheers

14. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    We are working for this, but it will take some time because we are also trying to encrypt saved data as a lot of hacks are coming around :rolleyes:
    By the way, v 1.1.1 should be already available as Apple Review team just approved it :D Let me know what do you think about, try e-braking now on slippery roads, it should be far more satisfying ;)

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Cannot see it yet, I'll keep an eye out. Thanks

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    #76 GPS, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Update is out!
    I don't see a hood cam though#
    Actually I'm having a weird thing happen where each time I go to the App Store this app needs updating again, I've "updated" 3 times now... strange

17. Stronsay

Aug 6, 2015
    Same here. The update is not taking.

18. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    :confused:
    That's quite weird guys! It must be a problem with Apple's servers... let me know if the problem goes away, otherwise I'll have to contact them to point it out... you should understand that the update went well because you will be prompted to select co-driver's language when the game starts.

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Still cannot update. Stuck in a loop. I just tried again, and it wants to update again

20. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    This is really weird. On which device are you guys? I'll have to check it with Apple!