Universal M.U.D. Rally (by CviGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CviGames, Jan 20, 2017.

1. CviGames

CviGames Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    #1 CviGames, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2020

M.U.D. Rally

Vincenzo Cosentino
    If you are looking for REAL mobile rally simulation, than you are in the right place. Race at 60 fps in mud, snow, dirt …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    If you are looking for REAL mobile rally simulation, than you are in the right place. Race at 60 fps in mud, snow, dirt and asphalt in this fast-paced racing game. AMAZING ACTION! Prove yourself fast in daytime and nighttime tracks, dare to speed in hostile conditions and terrain, drift along the turns and pay attention to your co-driver's pacenotes (Or he will get mad, we can assure it!). DRIVE ON REAL-WORLD TRACKS! Drive on awesome tracks: they are all modeled around existing and famous rally tracks, feel every little road's roughness, run on the edge of a pitfall, feel the breeze of the Alps' snow and the heat of the Mexico sun! AMAZING CARS! Customize the driver's name and the name of your co-pilot together with their country flags and stick them on your car's window! Get your livery dirty while trying to nail that turn, chose among a lot of different cars, each with its handling and performance! TAKE THE LEAD! Chose among two different championships: J-SPEC for beginners and S-SPEC for legendary drivers! Will you get to top?? CHALLENGE THE WORLD! Smash the leaderboards and show the world you are the fastest rally driver around... or show to them right on track: with multiplayer mode you can challenge a friend or players from all over the world! Get M.U.D. Rally now, join the Rally!
    Information
    Seller:Vincenzo Cosentino
    Genre:Racing, Simulation
    Release:Jan 19, 2017
    Updated:Feb 21, 2022
    Version:3.1.0
    Size:1.7 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Version 2,0 is out now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Fantastic, it's out already, hitting download now!!

3. franchehehe

franchehehe Member

Jan 20, 2017
    Looks cool downloading now!

4. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    #4 CviGames, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Hey Gps, thank you for your beta testing which improved every aspect of the game! I know we are still missing the hood view but we couldn't solve some minor issue, and we had to release the game for showcasing events today and on Monday. Hope next update will add hood cam.
    Looking forward to read feedbacks from users, game's reviews are flowing in and user satisfaction is going beyond my imagination right now :D
    YouTube: video

5. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    That's excellent! It was a pleasure to test and help you out, you were super responsive with everything I mentioned to you, and really have made a great, challenging rally title. I am looking forward to the hood cam!
    Cheers

6. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    We have a lot of improvements ongoing for the next updates :)

7. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Tryed it out for a a few races. There are a couple really good rally games out there. This one feels like a really out of control rally game. Not very good on the eyes at all. Very basic looking. . Car damage doesn't seem to affect performance.

8. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Look forward to them.

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I actually really like this one, my only thought is that the car feels like it needs to be more planted to the road surface. The weight of the car is missing, otherwise I think this is a great addition to my rally folder

10. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I don't know how you could play Collin McRae or rush rally 2 and then think this one is that great. Feels like a hover car floating over flat bland grass

11. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Hello Kickypants, I'm really sorry you don't like the game dynamics, but I can ensure you is based on solid physics. While arcade mobile games brings players to think a rally car can take a turn at 250 km/h just releasing the throttle, the reality and the telemetry of real rally cars we could grab, suggests us that rally cars have another behaviour. We do are aware that a lot of players will give up after 1-2 play. Yet we wanted to move in this direction: simulation. It takes a bit of practice to get used to it, because at the beginning it will be easy to go off road, but with a bit of training, getting used to controls, I may ensure you that players are able to drift across a turn in a realistically and really satisfying way. We do know it is a great challenge: bringing real car dynamics on a device with 4 buttons. But we believe in this project and we will keep hard improving it graphically, in bugs and other things.
    Thank you for downloading and for trying it out :) we love hearing comments and tips from players so if you have any more feel free to get in touch! :)

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I can see where frustration is going to be the big issue with the handling being more Sim like... It takes a long while to adjust to the idea that you cannot go flat out the whole way.
    I do maintain that the cars don't feel connected to the surface and I think this is where the floaty feeling comes from.

I do have a gripe with the E brake, I am consistently finding that, for example, I'm entering a left hairpin, I brake, apply the E brake and turn the car left, the tail comes around to the right..... All good so far, but then when I counter steer, the rear of the car catches and grips and it instantly flicks the car the opposite way, and spins me the other direction. This happens almost every time....

Whilst I am enjoying the challenge of this game, I can see that the handling will be too much of a hurdle for some to get past.. It's a game I really want to love, at the moment it's a game I like a lot. It will only take a few tweaks to get there and I really hope it does, there's a lot of potential.

13. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    We are working really really hard at it in this very moment. :) we are trying to smooth a bit controls without ruining the "simulator factor". We are really putting all we can in this project!!! :D

14. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    No. I understand how rally car feel. I don't try to go flat out. Power sliding is the fun part but these cars make movements not in coordination with physics. And damnit I got this iPad Pro but devs just aren't releasing games graphically appealing such as this. Is so basic and flat and uninteresting and just looks eh on my tablet. What's wrong with fancy graphics

15. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    I'll tell you honestly: we set our graphics quality in order for the game to run on crappy, really CRAPPY android hardware. When we ported the game on iOS, we noticed that iPhone 5 could run this game at 60 fps, 60 fps with real time shadows on whereas a galaxy S3 (same year) is not able to go beyond 20-30 fps. So we are now re-activating real time shadows on iOS devices to gain something under the point of view of graphics. Another thing you should try to take in account is: these tracks are real tracks. When you have to do with tracks longer than 20 km (it is not the case of stage 1, but for example 2nd stage in France) you have to know that there is a lot of memory occupied by models. And if you want the game to run smooth, you have to sacrifice something. V 1.0.5 will surely feature a better graphics and we are working on controls also.
    I would really appreciate if you would like to give us a tip: on what part of the handling would you act firstly to improve the feeling? Less counter reactions? Smoother control in turns?

16. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Cool icon. Even if the controls were realistic which they are not the graphics are just so uninspired

17. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    That was very useful :) we will start working on that. Thank you and have a good day, sir

18. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Thanks for the commitment to keep improving this guys, It's great to be able to talk directly with devs and get feedback about projects. I know nothing about game development, and can only imagine the amount of work it takes to code this stuff.. Hopefully with the few tweaks you make, it'll get a little easier to set fast stage times.
    A thought I had whilst playing, Is it possible that the suspension is too hard at present? I noticed that the rear especially bounces around a lot, seemingly losing traction, if the suspension was softer would it soak up the bumps a bit better?

19. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    graphics are not that great.. im using iphone 6plus, and the control feels "heavy".. and the control for tilt, i set on full sensitivity, but it still feels like i need to twist my arms 1080°..

20. CviGames

Jun 14, 2016
    Italy
    Thanks for downloading :) we are aware graphics need some improvement. In the incoming version 1.0.5 we will enable real time
    Shadows and other minor improvements. We are working at controls too in this very moment. Concerning the steering sensibility, are you sure you set sensibility to MAX? Because when I do, wheels go to full lock in less than 20°