iPad Lux DLX Update finally out

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by VoodooVyper, Mar 5, 2009.

1. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    #1 VoodooVyper, Mar 5, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
    If you have the game, you know about the speed issue.

Version 1.1 has been released and the description says "speed optimization".

Hopefully this isn't some old patch as the app store constantly prompts me to download old updates. But iTunes says the current version is 1.0.

Honestly, I hate the update system sometimes. I download 4 'new' updates, then I get prompted to download them again immediately after! So I dl just the LUX update, then I get prompted to download the old update! Makes absolutely no sense.

2. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Is there an online guide on how to play this? I love risk and I've read the instructions and it was a relatively pricey app and I haven't played it because I don't know how :(

3. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    This is good news. I'm sure a lot more people will be playing this including myself.

4. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    Yup downloading now
    I think there's new maps too

5. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    #5 VoodooVyper, Mar 5, 2009
    I don't understand, the game seems even more broken than it was before...

First of all, it still runs like garbage. Now instead of slow laggy gameplay, it slows down then speeds up to catch up...
    The other thing I noticed is the bonus don't get applied properly. I was sure I had conquered an area that gave a +2 bonus, yet my troops/turn remained at 3.
    The OTHER thing I noticed was a graphical flaw with the playerboard on the bottom left, having 5 players and the "box" around it only covers the first two players.

We've been waiting forever for this update, this is terrible support for a high priced game.

Edit: well I restarted my Touch and the speed seems a little better. But I'm sure the bonus+troop system is broken. I'm sure of it, unfortunately.

6. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Just when I thought my hopes were up.

7. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Lux DLX is a bigger mess than before. So much for the update. This is as bad as the update to Asphalt 4.

Seriously, it's time everyone go buy vConqr...that's what I play and will now continue to play.

8. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Has anybody else experienced flaws with the bonus system now?

9. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Than I just won't update. It wasn't very laggy on my iPod Touch and everything worked quite good. If this update makes a mess of it I'll just keep the old version. Who agrees?

10. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I really don't understand the complaints. I updated and it fixed everything. The game runs perfect now.

Are you guys using jailbroken devices or something?

11. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    So on your iPhone it works good? Than I'll give the update a try. My iPod Touch isn't Jailbroken.

12. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #12 NotYou, Mar 5, 2009
    Yeah, it works great. Much better than before.
    BTW, I have a 3G. Sometimes the device makes a difference.

If I'm not mistaken, you can replace the updated version with the old one if it doesn't work. You just have to take the file out of the trash and replace it. I might be wrong, but it should work.

13. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    That's right. Your old file will automatically go into the trash but you can retrieve it if need be.

14. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    I'm using a standard 2nd Gen Touch.

I'll try to word out my problem. Say I'm playing the Castles Nano map. You start with +3 troops no matter what, so then I go an conquer one of the castles or the arenas and get a +1 or +2 bonus from that, the only thing is, I won't get the bonus. It stays on +3. But then when I get another one, then the bonus gets applied. So if I got +1 then +2, I'd have total +6 bonus. Lets say I lost the +2 one (or even the +1 too), it would go back down to a +3 total bonus.

This is annoying to me and I don't know to how much of an extent this ocurrs.

15. hyk

hyk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I tried out the Castles Nano map. I did get the bonus on both the castles immediately everytime i took over one. When i lose them, i lose the correct amount of bonus. Not sure what caused your problem. Maybe you want to manually delete and reinstall the game?

As for speed, the update is hands-down much faster than the original version.

16. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    I think I'll try that and post back with the results. Thanks

17. hyk

hyk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Well, i tested with 2 human players. Not sure if your problem only happens when there's AI players. Anyways, if you think you have a concrete series of steps that can reproduce the bug 100% of the time, you should give Sillysoft a heads up at http://sillysoft.net/forums/

If you read their forums, you'll know they do respond to user feedback.

18. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I really liked the lite version of this. But it seems not worth to buy this full version...

19. VoodooVyper

Jan 25, 2009
    Didn't even need replicating. I re-installed and made a game and one of the AIs already had Infinite Loop still with +3 bonus.

20. Big Albie

Feb 12, 2009
    The DLX version doesn't offer much in terms of graphics or animation, and honestly, not much in terms of innovative gameplay. It's a straight up Risk-type game, and you'll need to be the judge of whether the additional maps make it worthwhile. I never criticize devs on how they price their apps...it's a labor of love for them.