Lunarcy, an arcade puzzle orbit game. FREE Promotion Codes giveaway!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by the FABRIK, Aug 13, 2009.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    :eek: He`s not the dev :p

2. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    MidianGTX is making a game??!!

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I wish. I merely applied the same analysis to all of lifes other challenges and drew my depression from there :)

4. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    He is??

Whatever it is, sign me up! :D

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I knew he wasn't the Lunarcy dev, but from his sig, I thought he was working on Plushed. He said he needed help. :)

6. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Sorry if it gives the wrong impression! I meant "we" the gamers, need help getting this price as low as possible.

7. wargrim

wargrim Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I would submit it to the podcast sites. There isn't one here. iphonegamesnetwork.com and slidetoplay.com are examples.

8. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    No worries. Rereading your sig, it would make no sense for the dev to want help lowering the price. LOL

9. JanB

JanB Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    A great promotional tool is making a good viral video. Presenting the gameplay mechanics of Lunarcy in the real world. Some stop motion action would be incredible. You guys can come up with the details but a great stop motion viral video would really help you guys out.

10. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    #30 PureSkill, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    This is what I think gets a game noticed.

It really needs to be featured in the appstore. This is one thing that you havent done yet to promote the game as its not in your hands.

Its not easy to get featured, because the game has to have the quality that will get it featured - Its has to be a good game and many people, mostly at apple, have to think that it is a good game.

That is where the problem is because it is up to personal preference for people to decide if they like it or not.

I would also suggest making a trailer and gameplay video if you havent already.

You have already released some codes here on TA and on at least one other site, more sites would help if you havent done that yet.
    You are also already making a lite version.

Getting apps noticed is a major problem in the appstore. - Despite all of the promotion, there are just too many apps for all of them and especially just one of them, to get noticed. i think the only other thing you can do is to keep using promo codes every update to help promote the game.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    A great idea (for Apple, not developers) would be to create a new section in the store, called "Community Favourites", which would feature apps that have been favourably reviewed (or just talked about) by all of the most respected websites (TouchArcade obviously being one of them :)). Apple have their own favourites section but it just doesn't cover enough, and they don't review them either.

12. the FABRIK

the FABRIK Well-Known Member

I really like that idea. I'm not sure how exaclty that should work though, but more influence by the community - the people that actually pay and play - would definitely boost quality.

13. the FABRIK

That's it!

Well, once again, our promotion has ended.

Thank you so much for all the tips!!!

We'll start voting right away to decide who gets the Promotion Codes. :)

the FABRIK

14. the FABRIK

The winners are...

The following people have won their free Promotion Code:

• PureSkill
    • ImNoSuperMan

Congrats! We'll start PM'ing the Promotion Codes in the next minutes. Enjoy playing Lunarcy! :)

Please let us know what you think of Lunarcy. We're very curious about your experience! :)

And thanks again for participating!

the FABRIK

[​IMG]

15. PureSkill

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Good Stuff! I will post what I think of Lunarcy and my experience as soon as I play it for a while.

16. the FABRIK

That would be awesome! Enjoy playing Lunarcy!

17. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Gratz to the winners!

18. PureSkill

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    This is where I am so far. I have completed serveral levels, but it wasnt easy.

IMG_0156.PNG

If Lunarcy stands for Lunar Lunacy, then the title is just right.
    The game is VERY challenging.

Levels vary with different planet gravities, different number of docks in a level, different dock rotations and directions, and different distances from the planet to a dock.
    There are also extra levels where you just need to perfect your rotation around the planet.

The controls are responsive and work well.
    There are just four controls that you need to work with - thurst left to spin your ship left, thrust right to spin your ship right, Stabilizer booster to stop your ship from spinning, and the main thrust which moves you forward.

Its the fuel that you have to keep an eye on. Every movement you make cost fuel, so if you hold any of the buttons down, you will be out of fuel in no time and then you will have to restart the level.

The Background music is almost like you are in a trance, but the gameplay music is different with a more upbeat tune. They are both alright, but I am not sure how much I like them myself.

A Pause button and resume where you left off option are included and are always good to have.

The game itself looks fairly clean, and only one thing that strikes me as not looking too good is the ship and the dock.

For replayability, You can go back and try to beat your previous highscore on any level.

I myself thought that I would like the game more then I do, but overall I would give it a 3 or 4 out of 5 because Im not all that into the gameplay but the game itself is well made.

19. MrPenguin9

MrPenguin9 Active Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Here is how far i've gotten,
    [​IMG]

And this is what I have to say, this game is.........AWESOME!!! It's so addictive! 5/5 Stars! One of my friend play it for 2-3 hours strait, and now he's going to go buy this game.

Thank you for giving me this game for free!

20. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that loves this game... I hope the fanbase keeps growing so we can get some awesome updates and of course, more quality games from the devs ;)