Lunarcy, an arcade puzzle orbit game. FREE Promotion Codes giveaway!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by the FABRIK, Aug 13, 2009.

1. the FABRIK

the FABRIK Well-Known Member

2 FREE Promotion Codes giveaway for Lunarcy for iPhone and iPod touch

We were surprised by the positive reactions earlier this week here on touchArcade, so we decided to ask you first about our promotion!

Lunarcy is selling pretty well, and the reviews are more than positive, which we love! :) But, we believe that still too few people know about Lunarcy...

So, we decided to give away 2 more FREE Promotion Codes!

What do you have to do to get a code?

Well, tell us what we can do to increase the awareness of Lunarcy. We're not looking for unrealistic campaigns, rather we'd like to know what YOU believe is best for Lunarcy to undertake to let the world know about our game! So, you don't have to be original. We want to know what you honestly believe is the best action for us to do.

• Of all the entries, 2 will be randomly picked out and awarded a Promotion Code for Lunarcy.
    • The deadline for your entry is today, August 13th 2009, 6:00 PM Pacific Time.

I hope you can really help us! Thanks in advance!

the FABRIK

To check out our game, go to Lunarcy at the iTunes AppStore.

[​IMG]

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    The best you can do at the moment is to spread the word on as many sites as you can.
    Mainly the larger Apple forum communities like TouchArcade here, MacWorlds, iPod Touch Fans.
    As well, if you have Twitter and Youtube, it helps to gain followers so they can be updates regularly on games being released.

3. TheBeastlyNinja

TheBeastlyNinja Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Computer stuff
    Right behind you
    I think you guys should get apple to put your game up on the "what's hot" list if you can. That would really promote you game. Or you could always get toucharcade to advertise your game.

4. the FABRIK

How would we get Apple to do that?

5. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #5 upsidedown, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
    Ok, this idea is brilliant, you would never have thought of it without me:Sell more copies of the game!!!Then you would be the number 1 app!!everyone would see your game and buy it!!:)

6. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i dont think you can ask apple to puta game on the whats hot section.....

7. the FABRIK

Genius! :D

8. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    +1 to that.

Along with those sites, try and get featured by gizmodo if you could some how. They feature only 5-6 apps per week and no iPhone Blog/site can rival their traffic. Though most probably your game wont be featured by them. But just in case it does:rolleyes:

9. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Holding contests, like this one, is one of the better ways to get some recognition. A series of contests usually works well. The more fun and off-beat, the better. If you can keep a few contests going for a couple of weeks, you'll likely stay in the top threads on sites like this and gain some recognition.

Also, send a few codes to review sites. Getting featured on a few of those ought to be helpful.

Lite versions can't hurt. Gives people a chance to try it out and talk it up if they enjoy it.

Also, skywriters are fun and underutilized! ha ha... kidding

10. beardiegrrrl

beardiegrrrl Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    You tube video! Also, do a free version and have a contest where the winner gets a code, but also a "friend code" to give out to one of their best friends! This way there is more incentive to win, and more people get to try it!!!

Maybe the contest could be something like... whoever gets to a certain level in the free version first.... maybe whoever comes up with the coolest idea for future updates and/or levlels.

Sandi

11. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #11 Squirt Reynolds, Aug 13, 2009
    You can...

A. make it free :D

B. advertise during primetime television

or

C. offer a consolation prize with every Lunarcy purchase, i.e. big screen TVs, Macbooks, or Superbowl tickets

No but seriously, post info and a gameplay video/trailer on TA, Pocket Gamer, Slide To Play, etc. Just get the word out on the most frequented iPhone gaming sites.

12. the FABRIK

A LITE version is being made as we speak. Will hit the store soon!

But, - and I hardly dare to ask - what will a temporary price drop do? We believe Lunarcy is unique enough to justify a $2.99 price tag. Are we correct? Again, the sales numbers are nice, but is that price too much affecting sales nevertheless?

13. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #13 Squirt Reynolds, Aug 13, 2009
    From the reviews i've read about Lunarcy, i'm sure it's worth 3 bucks (i'd pay that if i had it right now). So unless you're planning on lowering the price and keeping it there, I don't think a price drop is a good idea.

The LITE version is a must, and other than that, i think what i mentioned before about posting info and a video to high traffic iPhone game sites is your best bet.

14. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think a good idea would be... if you're planning to give away any more promos in future, ask people to download the lite and submit a fair review in order to get one. Then at least you'll have people trying it out and getting the word around, and filling up your reviews a bit on the store.

15. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    You need to be in the top 100.

As was mentioned, continue giving out codes here. Urge people to leave reviews, if they like the game.

Do a Peggle; put it on sale for a dollar, for a week. There may be backlash from the people that paid full price, so you may want to just be aware of that or wait a while. Again, mention in your app store text that you appreciate reviews.

You need as many honest, positive reviews as you can get in the app store, because the largest group of players aren't on here, they're on the app store. Ideally, you would have had a temporary introductory price of a dollar, so everyone buys it, thinks it's a great value for the money, and leaves a review, as such. Then you put it back up to the target price and people buy it anyway, based on those reviews.

You also have to send copies of the game to all the review sites, which I'm sure you've done already. After you get all those positive app store reviews, they might take notice and give your game a try.

Finally, after you've gotten plenty of user reviews and maybe a couple site reviews, type up an email to Apple. Include snippets of reviews from Big Albie or any of the other reviewers here that people look up to. Include links to the review site reviews and snippets of those reviews. Tell them you really feel your game deserves wider exposure and briefly talk about what makes your game special.

Then you wait. Maybe drink more than usual; way more. Possibly, fall into a deathspiral of hate and despair. Lay on your couch in sweatpants watching Deal or No Deal for a week, eating only Cheetos. Try to remember what set of circumstances made you pursue such a difficult path in life. Question whether you even made the right choice, in the first place. Have a look at the job postings in your area for fast food places. A smart guy can really move up the management chain quickly at one of those places!

Then, hopefully, you get an email back from Apple saying your game is their favorite app of all time or, more likely, it will just magically show up in the Featured section and you can begin the much needed healing.

16. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    @djflippy: I think I'll just abandon my entire life :(

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Why, if I may ask:rolleyes:

18. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    'Cause that post was so depressing it sucked the optimism right outta me.

19. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Sorry, that was not my intent, but if it is any consolation, I'm really looking forward to your game. :)

20. colbertj

colbertj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    College Professor
    Massachusetts
    A mass email to all 385 facebook friends. That's right, I know a lot of people who agreed to be my friend :)