Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Andiron, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i loved this game when i was little. can't wait to have it on my ipod :D

2. Jfinx

Jfinx Member

May 1, 2011
    I want my lunar. :(

3. Dzyne

Dzyne Member

Sep 15, 2011
    At this rate we wont see this game till December.

4. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Seriously seems like its been about three weeks since the initial statement about it waiting for approval. Every Wednesday I come looking at least for a release date announcement and find nothing.

5. shmargin

shmargin Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Well, they could rush it out, and then have something happen like it crashes right before youre about to end a boss fight. But then we would all just complain about that and have to wait for them to patch it, then wait again for apple to approve the patch...

Or, they could take their time and release a bug free game that doesn't crash and need patches. Like I said before, most ios games don't get much in the way of pre release updates, until the game is with in a week of release.

We should feel lucky that we know anything about it.

6. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    I assume he meant approval from Game Arts, who will want to check every pixel of their property through before they give SoMoGa the OK to release...which will then be met with AppStore approval.

7. Dzyne

Dzyne Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Jeez, some kind of update..

8. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    This thread makes me sad :(

9. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Me too! It's been a few weeks and nothing at all. I agree with what everyone said about it being good to wait for a better product, but it is still disappointing.
    I mean all I'm saying is if they weren't planning on releasing it soon they could have just not mentioned that it was in review cause I think it's been like a month since then with no news. I don't mind waiting but it seems more tense since they said it was pretty much complete and just had to review it internally then send it to apple. I'd rather just not know it was almost done. :(

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry but I've given up on this game. It just seems like they dumped the project or put it on the sidelines until further notice. I'll be surprised if it comes out but I won't be expecting it to appear anytime soon.

11. shmargin

shmargin Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Yeah! And I bet if we all keep complaining about the release date for a game that has never had a release date, THAT will HAVE to make it come out faster!

Its a port of a popular game. They want it done right. When it randomly comes out some time after you forgot you were waiting for it, you'll still buy it. If you don't, then you probably wouldn't have to begin with.

It'll come out when it comes out.

But by all means, continue to vent and complain, see if it helps.

12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I don't think people are complaining. We're mostly just confused because nall said it would be out very soon, and then they disappeared for a month. Just a word or two on what's up is all we want.

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Is it plausible that Nall is not even really affiliated with this game and really just a really bored 13 year old? Aside from Nall has anyone anywhere confirmed Luna: Silver Star Story for iOS? I hate to seem ungrateful for inside information but often struggle with cynicism.

14. Spookytoymaker

Aug 12, 2011
    Salesman
    Texas
    Lunar

I received a email from Somoga confirming the game and in a second email comfirming it was done and awaiting approval. No idea approval from who be it apple or internal. So yes it is indeed confirmed.

15. shmargin

shmargin Member

Sep 16, 2011
    Yes, nall might not even have been telling the truth, and even if he was, I find it highly unlikely he had official permission to be talking about a game that was barely even announced 4 months ago. People wait years for good games to come out. And here we are, 4 months after the first screen shot came online, saying they have given up on the game?

Seems a little ridiculous to me. Nall probably should have just stayed quiet. The game obviously was submitted for internal approval, not apple, and who knows how many bugs or problems they found? How long had they been working on it before then? Two years? Two months? We don't know. Even a simple game takes time, and, assuming we believe nall, its not just an emulator running the game on top, but a game being coded for ios, using existing and most likely some new art. Thats hardly a small simple game to completely remake in new code.

The game will come out when it comes out, and not a day sooner.

16. Dzyne

Dzyne Member

Sep 15, 2011
    It makes me sad when companies do this kind of stuff to games, especially the lunar community.

17. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    I didnt even know this was coming to iOS? I bet they're re-working it to work on touch screen, even though I have the ps version I'll probly get this anyways.. It's probly one of my favorite games of all time... This games defines the turn based rpg genre. Although I think ffVI is probly better I think I like this a bit more because of when I played it. I loved all the RPGs I played on the snes and playstation then with the new generations the genre just kind of died. About 2 Years ago I heard about this game and bought it and the sequel for a good bit of money online, but it was worth it, the game was exactly what's I was trying to find.. And it delivered, maybe if things go well theyll finally make lunar 3?? Either way glad to see this.

18. Jfinx

Jfinx Member

May 1, 2011
    Sigh...waiting...Sigh....

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Is it customary for the community to become frenzied over gossipy posts from individuals with no other Touch Arcade involvement or any reasonable association with the game? The only solid information out there is that someone at Touch Arcade heard casual mention of this at a game development conference. There are enough iOS RPGs out there to not have to be so impatient over this (at least until we get verified info). Till then Chrono Trigger is verified by developer to be pending this month.

20. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    This wasn't internal; internal review was finished some time ago.

In any case, we just recently got back a list of minor things to change, and it will be re-submitted.