Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Andiron, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Ah, that makes sense! I guess it will be just how i remember it then. Thanks :)

2. Spookytoymaker

Aug 12, 2011
    Salesman
    Texas
    Music intro

So what are the chances of getting the original sega cd intro included somewhere?:)

3. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Any news? Still coming in September maybe? Hope its going well...

4. Nightshift Nurse

Nightshift Nurse Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Will this be a Universal release or are iPad owners getting left out in the cold by Eastern developers yet again?

5. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Can you be more specific?

I believe so. IIRC, the website should open soon!

6. nall

nall Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Worry not! It's a universal app.

7. Nightshift Nurse

Jun 23, 2011
    Very nice. Thanks!

Count me as a day one purchase. I've bought every other edition of Lunar: The Silver Star...no reason to stop now.

Capcom, Square and Cave (among others) could learn a thing or two from you.

8. Spookytoymaker

Aug 12, 2011
    Salesman
    Texas
    Intro

Yea Nall the original sega cd Lunar had the intro shortly after loading the game with the song that starts "when all the land is peaceful" set to a animation sequence.

9. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Also a da one purchase here :D

Certainly hope it's still a September release I'm Eagerly awaiting this lol. I'm surprised that there hasn't been mor talk or news about this but I'm happy to know it's coming. RPGs real ho set to goodness ones worth playing don't really exist persay on the iOS. Don't get me wrong there are a few notable games, but nothing this legitimate. And lunar is almost 20 years old. I mean it seems like people don't really expect developers of new iOS games to be putting the time effort and quality into games that develops did on consoles in the early 90s, which is a shame cause the devices obviously support it. The more the market shows support for games like this the more it becomes a possible reality to expect I hope. Either way lunar is a great game and even for it's age this is gonna outshine most of the iOS stores current offerings easily. I will pick this up in a heartbeat. and if you like hames like this you shouldn't hesitate to support developers like this either everyone don't drop the ball!

10. Lunar: SSC is easily one of the best "old-school" RPGs out there. I have the original Sega CD versions (Lunar and Lunar: SSC) and the PS1 remake box set.
    Yet another "Day 1" purchase from me.
    Also, port over the rest of Working Designs translated games too....like Popful Mail, Alundra, and Arc the Lad.
    And for the love of God, will someone please port over Snatcher already!?!?!

11. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    +1 To ALL of this!! :-D

12. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Is this going to be UNIVERSAL or will there be an HD version?

13. Nightshift Nurse

Jun 23, 2011
    Nall stated that it would be Universal. Wheee!

14. Sirkreuab

Sirkreuab Member

Jul 26, 2011
    RPGs

RPGs in general seem to work great on iOS it is beyond me why more developers don't get behind this I mean capcom should be porting all the breath of fire games especially 3 and honestly any snes rpg should be ported I'm happy to seen lunar completely unexpected but awesome

15. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'm going to hijack this thread to say... Castlevania: Symphony of the Night already, Konami. :p

16. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    It would've been cool if this was the recently updated one, but I'll probably still buy this.

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Any more news about release possible this month? Somoga.com is lacking details.

18. Dzyne

Dzyne Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Please respond soon. This game was supposed to launch at the end of August, and there was NEVER any information released via their website. Now it's mid September and we're all left in the dark.

19. shmargin

shmargin Member

Sep 16, 2011
    It was announced as coming out by the end of this quarter if I remember correctly, which would mean by the end of September. So, we have a couple weeks still till they're actually late.

But yeah, I'm excited, hopefully they make it by the end of September.

20. Dzyne

Dzyne Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Bump. Seriously, this is a bad look for SoMoGa to not give any news or any update.