Universal Lunar Silver Star Story Touch - (by SoMoGa)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Yep! Picked up an adapter years ago, which if I recall was a revision to an initial build that had some kinda delay to it, that the revision had its own internal hardware to address. Dunno what the market it on them now, but this game has been updated with MSi controller support via Bluetooth, and with iOS 13 this extends to modern console controllers. So, basically had a console experience, though did need to keep the phone within reach for certain functions, like returning to the Main Menu when pressing Pause/Options because the prompted popup is an iOS-level dialog box.

2. KillerSpecialK

KillerSpecialK Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    That’s what I’m assuming. Could never get a straight answer on it, so unless there is a secret way to unlock it, I don’t think it does anything. And sadly, at this point, most likely never will.

3. KillerSpecialK

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    Yup.

4. KillerSpecialK

Jul 7, 2013
    Midwest
    10 whole years later and a new update is out! It’s absolutely incredible that it’s still getting support, especially considering it’s the only way to get an official English release of any Lunar game.

Thank you SoMoGa!

Update includes:

Graphics Changes

• The game now renders at 60fps across all compatible devices.

• Color mixing effects have been properly implemented.

• Line rasterization effects (most of which only worked on the Saturn) have been reimplemented.

• Widescreen support has been revamped to better support a variety of devices.

• Some additional widescreen graphics have been added.
    Audio Changes

• Quality is now higher.

• You can now choose between the Saturn and PSP music tracks.

• The volume of various pieces (BGM, SFX, VOICE, MOVIE) can be separately adjusted.
    Gameplay Changes

• Many new bluetooth controllers are now supported.

• Settings are now in-game rather than the in the Settings app.

• Map exploration and battle can be sped up (note: this does not apply while in-menu)

• Touch controls can be hidden for those who play solely with external controllers.

• There are now two difficulty levels.
    iCloud Changes

• iCloud integration has been rewritten.

TJF588, Anotherkellydown and sebgo like this.
  5. #606 TJF588, Dec 31, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    Hey now, the PSP version is still sold through the PlayStation Network…on a PS Vita and (maybe?) PS3.

But, best thing is the UI being redesigned for fuller controller support. I’d played through on version 2.0, and had some kinda quirk in battle menu navigation with my MSi (edit: or, PS4?) controller which necessitated keeping the screen close by for tapping (and screenshotting, but that’s a given unless modern controllers have that function?).

Shame it requires iPhone 7 and up; still have my 6s, the last model with a standard headphone jack.

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Still doesn’t have full widescreen support on newer devices but nice to see them continuing to update it nonetheless.

7. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Hope TV owners will enjoy this.

Attached Files: