Universal Lums (by Hyperbolic Magnetism)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Really if I had knew that the iPad version will go universal I would have bought it instead but now I would wait for a sale.
    I know I may sound mean but really out of credits now!

2. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands

3. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    #83 lokiman, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    iPhone version will remain available on the App Store and of course it will be updated too - it was never our intention to stop supporting it :) It will be just the "cheaper" version for guys who do not have iPads and don't really care about the universal app.

Regarding the iCloud sync, right now each version has its own progress and there is no sync between them (so you need to play everything again after deleting the game or downloading another version) but it would be nice to add that functionality to the universal app sometime in the future.

4. Presty6

Presty6 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Hey guys, this game looks interesting and fun, but I only have 99c left. Does this game have enough content that it would be worth spending my LAST 99c, or should I wait until it has more content or when I have more money.

5. Wimp was the same way, that game started off as sd and hd, then they made the hd version universal, and maintained both, so I don't think this is anything to worry about.

Also a big thing not mentioned here was this was mainly due to help save disk space for iphone users, so this is a plus not a minus.

Anyway, this game is very good, very highly recommend it.

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I know how you feel, with the limited amount of $$

I'd say wait till Thursday to see if there are any notable or under the radar release or a good sale that interest you

If there aren't any, I'd say wait. Try the lite version. I bought Lums and am really enjoying it, but it's always better to have that $0.99 just in case

7. Presty6

Presty6 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Yeah, I'll probably wait, mikey hooks is coming out Wednesday night. The Lums lite version isn't showing up in the u.s App Store. Which store do you use?

8. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Neither in the german appstore. Did you pull it?

9. lokiman

lokiman Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Vampire
    Principality of Zeon
    Yes, we were experimenting with the Free/Lite/Demo version on the first day after the launch but then pulled it so it's no longer available on the App Store. I will ask metalcasket to update the title for this thread to reflect the current situation. I am sorry for a confusion guys...

10. Rothgarr

Rothgarr Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    Really love this game.

Can't believe I am already stuck on level 2-14. Any advice?

11. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Use the anti gravity on the wood block on the bottom so he also rolls down hill hitting the round rock. Then quickly put the illumination lum on the ground with all the clear blocks killing the first zombie. Then use the black lum, rush to the bubble, smash the wood block that the star is in before the rock stops blocking the laser. Then get the last star and knock the last vampire.

12. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    First of all, great game! Has anyone noticed dropped frame rates or slow graphic response on an iPad 2?

All in all, a blast to play - thanks!

13. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Can anybody tell me how to get Lum elevator achievement?

14. ekimq

ekimq Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Berks, UK
    Help with 3-7?

Can anyone help me with 3-7? This has the laser in a rock on top of a glass tower with the vampire inside an earth tower. Lasers block access on the right and at the bottom. We have a cannonball, a light, a rock and another cannonball lum.

I've got splinters from all the head-scratching. Any hints?

Mike

15. msaleem

msaleem New Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Help with 2-6?

I've gotten 3 stars on most of the levels, the only ones left are 2-6, 3-14, and 3-16.

Any help with the above is really appreciated. Have been looking through Google and on YouTube with no luck.

Also, how do you burn the hidden vampire in the menu?

Such an awesome game!

16. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Updated! 12 news levels! New achievements!

17. gejmerqo

gejmerqo Member

Jul 31, 2013
    damn you are fast! :)
    this time the levels are much much more challenging, for exp players :)

18. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

And the HD version is now universal

Hey dev:

YOU FREAKING ROCK!!

19. intrepid

intrepid Active Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Cool. Been waiting for universal. Downloading HD now!

20. Cool, time to try it on the iphone.