Universal Lumino City (By State of Play Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 29, 2015.

1. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Had to post again. This game is fantastic! I just reached the floating ship. How far is everyone else? I'm trying not use the manual bc I'm assuming it's like a cheat/hints guide right? Was it intended to be used regularly?

2. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Not sure - I had to resort to it during the guitar section because I was getting very frustrated with it.... It's a wonderful way of implementing a hint system tho.

Possible GOTY for me so far, absolutely love it

3. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    yeah possible GOTY. Just finished it and it was amazing.

4. nuutsch

nuutsch Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Loving it so much.
    It reminds me of Machinarium.

5. Hpmor

Hpmor Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Are there action sequences like in Machinarium?

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Aside from the graphics is the gameplay good?
    I'm on the fence on this because i'm easily bored... And i also have bought a lot of games this week

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    just smash that purchase button my friend, this one definitely get my 5stars seal of approval for game of the week quality ;)

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #48 sobriquet, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Game play is clean and responsive. Puzzles are pretty straightforward and interactive is limited to responsive objects so you don't have to tap, tap, tap to figure out what to do. As Redribbon says, it's game of the week and IMO month/year material. Also, it will provide hours of entertainment. Well worth $5.

9. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Hahaha okay red i'll trust you on this...

10. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Can anyone explain me the logic of dig puzzle on the roof near the ship location? I know where to find the solution, but I want to hear a logic behind it.

11. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Any idea how much free space is needed to run this. Yet another game stuck at the title screen on latest iOS.

12. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    I only got 1 gig free on my iphone 6+ and it runs fine

13. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    It finaly ran after I cleared 600mb.
    It's a royal pain to constantly be clearing space for a handful of picky games when 99% give me no problems.

14. false_prophet

false_prophet New Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Not a big puzzle guy but this is a must buy for game lovers. The art, the soundtrack and everything else is just great. A great buy at $4.99

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=274255][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274347][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274304][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274467][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274328][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274330][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274263][​IMG][/thread] [thread=274149][​IMG][/thread]

Lumino City

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Oct 29th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

16. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Is it just me or has every single update for Lumino City been 2 GB regardless of App Thinning and they've been regular full downloads? This is getting crazy. I'm legitimately downloading the game more than I play it. :/

17. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Well, I guess I ought to buy this. My wife and I bought a new Apple TV this weekend for her birthday (more or less; we both know we bought it for me), so I'm sure that projecting this game up on our wall with a 100" screen would look pretty awesome. Plus, my wife loves puzzle games, so this one should be super fun for her!

18. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That is odd, especially considering the download size of the app is listed as 1.3 GB in the AppStore description and the installed size of the last update is only 981MB on my 6+. Why would the update be larger then the initial download or installed size?

19. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    If youndownload through itunes it will need to download 2 gigs installed size on iphone 6+ is indeed 900s megs

20. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I think you will both love it! I finished it over the weekend playing on me new iPad Pro and it's such a visual treat. The way the camera pans to the next section of the model is stunning every time - so so good.

Puzzles are quite taxing from the off but nothing too complex. They are pretty self-contained because you do very little backtracking (probably none actually as it pushes you to the next part of the map when you solve a part).

Very interesting that they made this whole thing for real. It's easy to forget when playing because it's kind of like a really organic 3D render, but has a painted quality that's unique. Also thy way it plays with focus and depth of field is really lovely. I did really enjoy it!