Universal LUMINES PUZZLE & MUSIC (by mobcast inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Dimaya

Dimaya Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2012
    There's also an Ultra Pack? Which songs does this consist of?

2. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    It's ¥600 in the JP version, $5 in the free version

3. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I have played Lumines a fair amount, though it was mostly the PS3 release, not the PSP. Still liked it enough I wanted to give this a chance. The touch controls are... eh, they do clearly have some problems - precision control at speed is definitely trickier than it should be. But I cleared Easy first try and Normal on my second, so they can't be that bad. It's good! It's not perfect, but I'd say it's very good nonetheless. Liking the OTT skins (even if all the visual fireworks make my tired old eyes struggle to keep track of what's going on sometimes <_< ), liking the first few tracks, would certainly keep playing for fun and slightly higher scores, maybe.

4. cadillackills

cadillackills Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2015
    This game is great. I'd pay more than 3 for the soundtrack. Really hope the devs add MFi and the dual rotation for the left and right side of the screen....please? Five Stars!

5. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    How do I access the new content? (from the latest update.)

6. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I was also wondering that as well... IT said Rez music was added dont see it and some other stuff, soooo how do we access it?

7. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Same problem here.
    Game fully updated including the in-game downloading sequence.
    No new content.
    Restarting the game didn't help either.

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    looks like its time released, the rez stuff will be avail nov 21. toucharcade has a write up on the update and when it will be avail

9. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    The update is available now. I bought it in the Japanese version since I also have the Ultra Japan pack unlocked in that version.

The new songs are not very good, but maybe it's just me. The first or second song has long periods of time where the music is really low, like there's maybe something that's building up before dropping a beat, but then normal music comes back without anything exciting. The third song has the absolute worst lyrics. Your mileage may vary, but it works out to about $1/song, which is plenty fair.

I can't wait for the Rez pack next week, though. The skins look amazing, and you know the music will be great too. If that's also $1/song, holy cow.

10. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Wow. 5 bucks for an album? :eek:
    Hopefully REZ will be worth it.

11. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    In wha way wouldn't it be worth it? I think you either like music from Rez, or you don't.

Upon further play, I'd not recommend the Sekai no Owari pack. The songs are all horrible.

12. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
    What's the difference between this and the free version? Or is it the same game but paid version

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I don't get how people are getting over a million on a touch screen, I would LoVE to see videos of anyone even getting close to a million! Share your replays guys ! =]