Universal LUMINES PUZZLE & MUSIC (by mobcast inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by diffusion8r, Jul 19, 2016.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I still have my original psp and this game and am trying to decide if I want to buy this or not? Part of me leans to yes for $2.99 but not sure if is different enough that makes it worth buying. Obviously since I don't play the psp much and having it on iOS would be best.

2. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    stupid question....

how important is it to hear the game?

is it playable without having the sound on, like you have to with rhythm games?

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    It isn't a rhythm game, but the music and sound is very much part of the experience of playing it.

4. joseywales

joseywales Member

Aug 17, 2016
    It's definitely playable. The music makes it much more immersive and enjoyable. But it's not like you'll miss a beat and lose out.

5. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Not sure what the problem is here.

6. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    But long run is it better to DeFF have a box to clear every time the bar comes, or have a big burst of boxes in one swoop and pissible not have a box on the next swing through ?

Iv been under the impression that it's more important to keep that combo going every pass, but if I should be focusing more on just having a spike in boxes on a pass then let me know ! =D

7. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I hope they add MFI!!!!!
    That would be perfect

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i actually like the portrait view cause less opportunity to mess up with smaller play field. with that said i think the controls are perfect and i think you can get used to it over time, I totally have those thumb grip flingpads i forget the name that suction cup to the screen it works pretty good LOL... There is a special power that the avatars have and the power is more effective i guess the higher the level of the avatar.

heres hoping for more DLC packs I am ready to buy them all! I hope they add Puzzle mode too that was pretty fun and challenging...

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Pretty sure I'm blind but where do you go to purchase more DLC? Or do you have to beat the game to a certain point?

Also, tested to make sure this game doesn't require wifi....and it doesn't!

10. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    WTF... just had a really good game going for 20 minutes and it suddenly crashed, losing my score. Only my second time playing. Not cool

11. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I hate when that happens in any game. I imagine it's already part of the US version, but the JP version was only recently updated to support multitasking. Before, if you switched to another app, you'd often find yourself back at the title screen upon return. Hopefully, your crash was just a one-off.

12. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    This is a bad version of a great game.

The controls suck. It's insensitive in a way that makes it frustrating to move blocks exactly where you need them. I expect to be able to move my piece a short way by moving my thumb a small amount, but the game does not register your movement until it's moved a few centimeters and then it's difficult to quickly move it only one space rather than two or more.

Having it so that you can only rotate in one direction is terrible. Lumines is all about speed and timing, so having such that you need to rotate a piece 3 times clockwise rather than giving the option to rotate once counter-clockwise is devastating when you're trying to maximize combos.

Also without the widescreen format the game feels wrong. The line that clears your blocks comes by too fast as a result of the narrower screen, so you're left trying to move more quickly than the control scheme can allow, or you have to settle for tiny combos that end too soon.

Totally disappointing. A complete waste of money.

13. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #53 Delusionaltool, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    ummm pause the game you can change it to clockwise or counter clock wise. it defaults clockwise. i get what you saying but keep at it, i got alot better just takes a bit to get used to it, a sensitivity option would be cool. I read during the reddit mizigutchi was on talking about the portrait view and how they compensate for that, and he touched on your avatars level up and they have powers that do different things. its still early they could add and fix stuff as you go forward message them on facebook they answer pretty quick.

14. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    I know this, but I'm not prepared to pause the game every time I want to rotate in a different direction.

The game might end up improving down the line, but as it is right now it is not worth the frustration.

15. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011

Great to get feedback as it is good to know since I have the original and was tempted to get this based on having it without needing my psp.

16. hoodwinkedfool

hoodwinkedfool Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Fantastic game! Really captures the magic of the old PSP games. The other attempts at Lumines on iPhone were awful and this one nails it. Plus no IAP!

Wait, the game is too sensitive or not sensitive enough?
    Because you're complaining about both.

17. mintyray

mintyray Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    The lack of rotation sucks (both at the same time), but I think the control is tolerable. It's a solid Lumines game for touch screen.

18. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    thanks Miguided and joseywhales

19. skaiwalker75

skaiwalker75 Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Still not out in The Netherlands...

20. skaiwalker75

skaiwalker75 Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Never mind... It is out #
    (The TA link was only linked to the US appstore)