iPad Lume By State of Play Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by D3adly, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Lappstrong

Lappstrong Active Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I checked for updates and nothing popped up so I must have Installed the updated version. I started a new game to see if I could recreate the bug and I can
    picked up the fence pickets,fixed the solar panel wiring, opened the lower door with the note on it. Went to the room on the right. Clicked on the generator. Pressed the connect button twice and gameover
    also my game is crashing after I complete the musical puzzle and when it tells me I can't go to town yet.

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Hmm...it hasn't crashed or me yet. i'll see if I can recreate the bug as well.

3. Lappstrong

Lappstrong Active Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Please do. If no one else is having trouble with it I may just install it on my gf's iPad. We need more point and click on the iOS.

4. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[size=+2]LUME[/size]
    is one of the nominees for
    [size=+2]Touch Arcade Game of the Week
    22/02/2012
    [/size]

Do you like the perplexing world of this illuminating puzzle adventure?

[size=+3][thread=123528]VOTE HERE[/thread][/size]

- Devs cannot vote for their own games -​

5. LookingForGames

LookingForGames Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    Appstore
    This definitely looks interesting. Like the art and by the sound of it the gameplay should have something to offer if you like puzzles, so I'll be getting this soon!

6. redwedge

redwedge Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Creative Director at Lapland Studio.
    Rovaniemi, Finland
    Nice art

This had nice art, but was very slow on my iPhone 4. To the point of being frustrating.

The design is nice, but the lack of pointers was frustrating when combined with the slowness. It's OK to do the wrong thing as a player, but when it takes a long time to do the wrong thing it's a bit annoying, which took away the joy of the nice art.

7. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    Game Impressions

Can't say I wasn't warned, but damn, that's probably the shortest iOS game I've ever played. None of the puzzles were particularly difficult, and I finished in about twenty-five minutes.

Good atmosphere, though, and reasonable puzzles, but I found the game oddly fiddly to play, even on the iPad. You can't move Lumi unless you're specifically moving her to another hotspot, which can make getting her out of the way of something you're trying to tap on frustrating. Doors are opened by tapping on their tiny doorknobs rather than the whole door itself. I also found a weird lag sometimes between tapping and having the tap seem to register.

I'm always up for adventure games on iOS, but I think there's better ones out there than this.

Cheers.

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA

Ya... Turns out I was alot closer to being finished than I thought I was except for
    the second part of the game or whatever they're suppose to be adding, I should've waited till then.

I don't think I can recommend this game as it is, it's way too short and there's a save bug that kept me from saving(which I didn't really need anyway cuz the game is so short). I'd wait for a proce drop or a content update...

9. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I finally got around to playing the game, something I'd been putting off for a while.

After playing through Tiny Bang Story, which was much longer than I'd expected, and Windowsil, which was an immensely enjoyable experience that was incredibly short, but full of "oh COOL!!" elements.

Lume, however, is beautiful but feels like half a chapter. As I have shown with Windowsil, short games aren't so bad, but this is almost painful. I found the puzzles okay, but somewhat obtuse and other than 2 or 3, I didn't find them enjoyable.

It's pretty. It would be a fit for people who like somewhat obtuse puzzles, but I can honestly say it is the SHORTEST game I've ever, ever, ever played. It's not amazing enough to justify the lack of length.

10. dogkendra

dogkendra Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Game Impressions

Superb game, great and original puzzles, and wonderful graphics. True, the controls were sometimes a bit balky. It took me a while to solve, not sure how so many people claim to solve this so fast, I mean, that combination lock puzzle is difficult to figure out by any standard. [I was on iPad, but for some reason discussion of the game seems to be here]

11. Georgina

Georgina Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2010
    Sydney
    #31 Georgina, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
    If you play a lot of casual adventure/puzzle games, you see the same puzzles over and over again, or at least puzzles that are similar enough that you have a sense of what you need to do even if it takes a while to work out the details. So that definitely helped with Lume, in which none of the puzzles were particularly original, though some were definitely hard.

The puzzle I had the most trouble with was the grid/directions one. The instructions were pretty clear, but I'm bad at that sort of thing.

andsoitgoes mentioned Tiny Bang Story in an earlier post. I haven't played the iPad version, but I've played the Mac version twice, and I loved it both times. Wonderful, delightful, utterly charming game. Assuming the iPad port is solid, I imagine anybody who liked Lume would love Tiny Bang Story.

Cheers.

12. Porsupah

Porsupah Well-Known Member

13. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Does it works on latest ios?

14. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Only 2 doll hairs I'm buying this

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, it seems to be fine...but it really hasn't aged well with the lack of widescreen support (and I believe a lack of retina graphics too!).

16. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Just finished playing and I was charmed from the get go. Such a beautiful and well crafted game. The puzzles were difficult but not merciless. I can't wait to play lumino city!