Universal Lumberwhack: Defend the Wild (by Koloss Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #61 Clas, Oct 12, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    Hi Card,

If you have fully beaten all the other levels before the last one, then it should be possible to complete the last one with most kind of set-ups. I can give you some recommendations, but I marked it as spoiler for those that would like to figure out there own set-up.

The goal is to try to make as much damage as possible to the big truck before it comes too far. I would recommend using an AE dmg skill (Beehive) that will damage the truck and all other enemy units at the same time. Then use the Coconut Boost on the truck when there are no other enemy units blocking it. An other alternative would be to use the Fishy leftovers to quickly dispose enemy units that are in front of the truck.

For animals, push out a wave of your favorite tank unit (Gorilla or Rhino, you want to make a lot of damage on this level so the Panda might not be the best choice) and then follow up with Spit Cobra. Repeat while you are quickly moving back and forth collecting food and using Koko's skills. The Coconut Boost skill is also good for disposing any parachutes or ninjas quickly.

You can occasionally also summon a few Stags or Lions for support. But only spend food on this when your main group of animals are standing their ground, or the risk is that they will be dead before the support arrives.

Good Luck! :)

2. Mj1ggy

Mj1ggy Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Hmmm having some trouble with the last levels of the next to last world, where a lot of ninjas start appearing. I can't get rid of them quickly enough and then I get completely overwhelmed by the main waves. Any tips?

And I know the conversation is pretty much dead at this point, but personally I wouldn't want any game that the developer didn't think deserved five stars.

3. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I would recommend the Coconut Boost and the Beehive as skills for this level. Always keep Koko moving back and forth while you are continuously sending out animals (even if it requires awkward finger placement :)). Be quick to dispose any ninja's with the Coconut Boost, use the Beehive on them as well if needed, but otherwise save it for the battle at the front. But don't stay at the front for too long, just unload the skills that are not on cooldown, get an assessment of the general situation and then turn back with Koko.

For animals, any tank should work, but Gorilla might be superior here. Occasionally follow up with some Cobras and Crocodiles, but mostly spam Gorillas. As long as your animals are slowing down the main horde of lumberjacks, you should have time to take care of all the ninja's.

This is probably the hardest level, it will become a bit easier in the next update because it seems some people get stuck on it. But with that said, I did a test run myself from scratch, only playing the levels needed in the path to this level, I managed to complete it with only the Gorilla at lv8 and not much else upgraded. I guess the key is to move fast, spam tanks and synchronize the cooldown of the skills good, it is definitely a stressful level.

I hope that will help you move forward in he game, good luck! :)

4. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Lumberwhack: Defend the Wild (Universal) LIMITED SALE $2.99 -> $0.99

Just wanted to make all fans aware of that there is from today a sale on Lumberwhack, only $0.99! :eek:

Please let your friends know! Can they whack more then you? ;)

5. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Happy Halloween everyone!

I hope you have your costumes ready! Koko Kornelius have grown a set of vampire teeth so the lumberjacks better watch out! Let’s celebrate it with a weekend discount. Lumberwhack will be on sale for only $0.99 during Halloween!

[​IMG]

6. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #66 Clas, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    The App Store is currently featuring Lumberwhack as sure winner in Tower Defense Games!

I’m very happy that Lumberwhack is featured together with other great games like Plant vs Zombies 2, Fieldrunners 2, Kingdom Rush Frontiers and Jelly Defense.

Let’s celebrate this with a Limited Sale for Lumberwhack! :D

[​IMG]

7. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #67 Clas, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    A new version of Lumberwhack is out and is currently free for a limited time!

What's New in Version 1.4

INVENTORY BAG - Poison all lumberjacks with Fatal Fungi, double your food amount with L.W Burger or use any of the other new items when you are facing an overwhelming force!

MARKET - Reset your upgrades and unlock unique features for each animal! What about a pair of boxing gloves for the Smashback Gorilla or a life saving lumber cap for Koko?

LEAFS & ACORNS - Leafs are now awarded instead of acorns for completing a level. Leafs act in the same way as the old acorns used to do. The new acorns are only collectable and drop more often, you can use them at the market.

DAILY BONUS - Gain two daily bonus effects by sharing Lumberwhack with your friends.

ADDITIONAL IMPROVEMENTS:
    - Level balancing (several levels are now easier to complete).
    - Both animals and lumberjacks now select their targets better, resulting in longer lasting skirmishes and more fun battles.
    - Max level increased to 11.
    - The Stag and Rock n’ Roar Lion now act more cautious and should survive longer.
    - Nearby acorns will be collected automatically when you finish a level.
    - Removed one animal slot to make room for the new inventory bag.
    - You can now view an animals next level stats before upgrading.
    - Survival mode will reward leafs (old acorns) based on time score.
    - Various bug fixes.
    - App Store description localized for 8 more countries.

FOR EXISTING PLAYERS:
    You will get a free bonus of the new acorns depending on your earlier progress! The old acorns are now displayed as leafs. Please don’t worry! Leafs are acting in the same way as acorns used to do, except they do not drop on the ground and are therefor more valuable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy!

8. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Umm.. I wish there was an incentive to play earlier levels for more leaf.

9. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I will add a 'replay bonus' for earlier levels in a next update. It did not make it for this update as it is part of a bigger plan to also add some kind of 'hardcore' version for each level.

In this update you get leaf award for each level played in Survival mode (based on the time score), just so you know.

10. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    im going to try this game, looks fun

11. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    Cool. Thank you very much!

12. Pretty amusing game, really like the monkey humour.

13. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    Pretty fun game but some levels are ridiculously hard to beat even with levelled up units. For example the stage where you're supposed to free the kangaroo? Just two trees and tons of lumberjacks in very little time make it über hard. I still haven't cleared that level yet :)

14. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #74 Clas, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    The trick on the kangaroo level is to kill all the healers/foremans as fast as possible at the beginning of the level. Use tiger/cobra/crocodiles/coconut boost or similar with high damage before the larger lumberjacks appear. After the first wave of healers are dead, summon a few Gorillas or Pandas to tank the incoming lumberjacks. Then just summon a crocodile when an additional healer show up.

You can use the same tactic on a few other levels that are similar to this one.

I hope that helps, Good luck! :)

15. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    #75 ypai1217, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Thanks for the tips ! Finally got past the level after a couple of tries but received 0 leaf because I was unable to save any trees. Oh well, at least I got the kangaroo :)

One final question.. In the layer levels, is the leaf award not tied to the number of lumberjacks whacked? For example I whacked some 92 jacks in one level and got some 60-70 leaf as an award(100% all trees saved)

16. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Hi,

If you never played a level before you normally get the percentage of killed lumberjacks as leaf award. But if you have played the same level before, then you will only get the difference of how much better percentage you completed the level with.

17. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    Ok then there is a bug which is not awarding 100% of the leaf award even if you win the level perfectly in the later levels the first time around

18. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    New version out and now available for FREE for a limited time!

19. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Free?!

Not mentioned with ONE single word in those extensive app descriptions and version updates descriptions… :rolleyes: So your customers have to find out what they are needed for.

20. Clas

Clas Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Hi Habakuk,

Thank you for your feedback, have you played the game?

The game is free to download and you can beat all the levels without buying any acorns if you like. As an one-man indie developer I can hardly be any more generous then that after 2 years of development on a game. FYI profit is non-existent.

Version 1.4 Update (3 month ago when IAP was added after actual customer requests) clearly explains that you can now use acorns at the new market for unlocking various new features. It also mentions that the drop rate of (free) acorns in the game has increased. There is quite and extensive explanation, including screenshots here (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=199552&page=7).

From the App Store description:
    "Please note, some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you don't want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings."