Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Hey I think I fixed this bug today -- it should be in the next update. I am not sure if it will mark your existing quest as solved, but don't worry it does not affect your game otherwise to have it show up as unsolved in the log...

2. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I finished the game as a newt! I only realised I was given a cute crown when I went back to the character screen in Options. My character looks normal there.

3. bsabiston

Ha ha! Well I think I fixed that bug today hopefully. Sorry you're still a newt but at least you were able to finish! Too bad it doesn't put the crown on the newt :)

4. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    A crowned newt would be *brilliant*!

5. hyperlinked

hyperlinked Member

Jun 20, 2017
    It happened to me too. It won't affect the outcome of the game.

6. shapshank

shapshank Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Bob the wizard

I reached bob, got him arlo. There's a door between us, which he talks through. But while he says "after you" he doesn't follow. The door stays there. :eek: le gasp. Please advise. :D

7. bsabiston

There's a door between you? Can you send me a screenshot to [email protected]? Are you at the first door from the beginning of the dungeon or did you come up the back stairs after killing Shatner? Can you upload your game for me? (Load Game->Copy->Send)

8. shapshank

shapshank Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Bob the wizard

So, I actually hadn't seen that. I went up, and I think there must be something terribly obvious I'm missing, but from the other side it's almost the same. Grate's slammed down behind me. Just me, Bob, and a dead guy. Bob with the "after you" and only whisk seems doable.

I killed Bob once just to check. With him dead the locked door just still claims to be Bob. "After you!" Odd.

9. stevetech

stevetech Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Bug Report

I just wanted to report that after you are turned into a Newt and you return to human form, your on screen character is the default look of the character, not the custom one that was created when I started the game.

10. bsabiston

shapshank -- so the first time you went up to the original doorway and not up the back stairs? If so, that is probably where it got screwed up. I didn't anticipate that people would do that. If you upload your game I can probably fix it for you.

stevetech -- thanks, I will look into that issue. Also a new update was just released, 1.1.1. I am curious whether that affects the newt problem.

11. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    I realize it's probably mostly the fault of GameMaker, but is there any way to improve the efficiency of the game? Phone gets very warm and battery drains like crazy while playing.

This is a problem because the game is so good and so much fun that I want to play an hour at a time, but would rather not fry/dump my battery in the process!

12. stevetech

stevetech Member

Jun 26, 2017
    I feel like I ma missing something but I can not get past the maze. I talked to the girl that tells me to go to Riverwood and I can get to the ship with the sign that states authorized personal only but I can not get any further in the maze. It seems no matter where else I go in the maze, it ends up being a deadend.

13. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I'm stuck. I can't find the keycard to enter the observatoriun. Someone says that he lost the key after drinking his coffe, but i can't find it.

Can someone help me?

14. bsabiston

@mkaen Sorry, I don't know any way to do that. Yeah, it's GameMaker I guess. What kind of device do you have?

@stevetech
    You need to work upward to the top of the maze.

@Cinot
    I think the guy says something about stopping to smell the roses...

15. Cinot

Cinot Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I found the keycard :). Thank you.

16. hyperlinked

hyperlinked Member

Jun 20, 2017
    This one got me at first too. If Bob's hint wasn't enough, here's another for finding Riverwood.
    You have to get through the dungeon in the maze and come out the other side to get to the part of the maze that will allow you to eventually find Riverwood.

17. shapshank

shapshank Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Bob the wizard - a resolution.

Yes, I went back out the long way after killing Shatner.

Thank you so much, I'll do as you're offering (send the save), most likely later tonight.

- Shap

18. shapshank

shapshank Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Efficiency / battery

@mkaen / @bsabs
    For what it's worth, I don't think I share that battery drain issue. I'm on an iPhone 6 -- I think it's a 32GB. I've run this for multiple hours at a time, no issue. Battery's not the most wonderful thing in the world on this phone anyway -- seems to be on par with any other constant usage.

I fairly regularly fully drain the battery and fully recharge it, too.

Never noticed a heat issue if the flashlight isn't left on. And I've got a fairly standard slim case + gorilla glass (or similar) on it.

19. Roarshack

Roarshack New Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Another bridge bug

I'm stuck on the island of Sebastian castle with hostile guards outside the castle killing me over and over :eek:. Bridge is out. I sent a copy of my game to the cloud. 06262205-jensenglass is the code.

20. Kraziecanuck

Kraziecanuck New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Canoe?

I am trying to find the canoe. The sign said to check Gaddis, but I've talked to everyone without luck.

Can anyone share a hint?