Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    What a fool! Before reading your post i managed to go beyond mime cave.. i was focused om signposts i didn't notice that "wall"...!

I hav another problem now: the complete run of skeleton dungeon (with secret chamber) awarded me 9/10 jackets.. i cannot find last one even if i am sure i did all the rooms. Could it have been that i was overburden while fighting last skeletons?

Thank you very much fir the support!

2. fxxxo

fxxxo Member

Jun 18, 2017
    I did talk to the dmv lady but I could not spot where is ms.korvin

3. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I forget - is she the lady who is sick? Then she would be in the infirmary...

4. bsabiston

Hey - I'm not sure about this. Can you upload your game for me? This could be a bug. Use Load Game->Copy->Send from the Title screen and email me using the Contact Dev button?

5. Kaemalux

Kaemalux Active Member

Jul 13, 2012
    GP Doctor
    Done thank you! :)

6. fxxxo

fxxxo Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Thanks !

7. Cigarekt

Cigarekt Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Same issue here. It still marks as yellow instead of orange. After killing the skeleton, I reported to the guard but he kept telling me to 'Keep up the good fight'. But if this isn't going to affect my progress then it's fine.
    By the way what does the green dot beside the quest log represent?

8. bsabiston

#88 bsabiston, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Cigarekt - Can you upload your game for me? Use Load Game->Copy->Send from the Title screen. There must be bug where it's possible to finish that first quest without it being marked solved. Solved quests show up with the green dot. Your most recently solved quest also shows a green tint across the text.

But yes the guard does not give you anything for finishing that quest, so you haven't missed anything and it won't affect your progress.

9. bsabiston

The new version 1.0.7 was just approved -- it has a fix for the disappearing bridge bug that people have been getting. It should appear soon so update when you can!

I'm hoping later today to send in an update with some other fixes and maybe a tweak to the stealth section.

10. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I also want to point out how awesome the dev is and how much detail is in this game! I did the beta and we had email conversations like twenty emails deep!

Stuck? Talk to everyone! Sometimes you can't progress down a particular quest path until later in the game (for example, walking through marsh tiles). Be patient and try everything you can think of.

Can't wait for LL3: Lowerlanderer!

11. Cahayla

Cahayla Member

Jun 16, 2017
    So new question is there a gooble employee in the forest or is that just a rumor?

12. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    In need of hint

Having a blast playing Lowerlander, just as I did with the first one. However.. I really could use a hint/tip

I seem to be stuck, I have no clue where to find
    Marge (the 'something about a whale' hint has me stumped)

Also bug report: it's possible to sail straight into Virga resulting in stranding the ship inside the village.

13. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    just look in
    SW of the Gooble village

14. Anthony Norman

Anthony Norman New Member

Jun 20, 2017
    bridge disappearing bug

Hey,

I got the same bug a few people had been talking about with the disappearing bridge tile. Game file: "anthonyn"
    If the update you mentioned earlier is soon ready, I'm happy to wait for that (and happy that you seem to be continuously developing this!). If it will take a while, could you please fix the load file with the bugged bridge near the castle.

Also ... damn the castle and guards' diagonal, across wall laser sight :)
    Not too hard to overhear their conversation, but impossible to enter the garden, without triggering aggro and then attempting to park him somewhere

Thanks!

15. bsabiston

#95 bsabiston, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    @Cahayla — to be clear, it’s the forest inside the town, just poke around a little more…

@addink — there’s a town you have not discovered.
    Look around the area near the back entrance to Yarak’s demesne.
    Also I did not know that about Virga, thanks for letting me know!

@Anthony — I don’t think I got an email from you, but I fixed your game. Download game ‘anthonyn’ and let me know if that works. From the Load Game screen, tap an empty slot and it will ask you for the code (anthonyn). (If you don't have an empty slot, choose New Game and then choose an occupied slot. Hit Cancel before actually starting and it will take you back to the title screen).

The update 1.0.7 which prevents that bridge bug is in the store, so everybody update if you can! If you've already got a save game with a piece of bridge gone, I'll need to fix it manually.

Another update should be coming tomorrow with a tweak to the stealth section which might make it a little more bearable... :)

16. Anthony Norman

Anthony Norman New Member

Jun 20, 2017
    It worked thanks! Much appreciated.

17. bsabiston

Apple is blazing with the app reviews -- the NEW update 1.0.9 is already approved! There are some bug fixes. Also, when you talk to Little Nell at the castle, she will light up your map with the guards' patrol areas so that you can see where they are.

18. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    I've rated it in the store!

I had already done the castle by the time you updated, but my major issue was that (on iPhone 7+) when you came back south, the minimap didn't scroll down with you far enough to see the red dot/guard in the south east tower. You had to keep flipping to the main map and back, which was much more of a hassle.

By the way I LOVE that mosquito/glowworm effect in the swamps, it's absolutely stunning.

One question: is there any way to get a quest to find the lost relic? The guard won't let me into the graveyard and I wasn't sure if there should be a quest there or not. All the townsfolk are moaning about their relic ;)

19. bsabiston

Hey @istara,

Thanks! And yes, you will go looking for that relic a little further into the game...

Bob

20. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Oh great! More fun ahead ;)

I gave it five stars (obviously) and also mentioned how active you are being in terms of support in the forums. (I didn't specify which forums in case Apple has an issue with certain websites being mentioned). This is in the Australian app store.