Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Cahayla

Cahayla Member

Jun 16, 2017
    When you enter there is a locked door on the left in the tunnel that won't unlock using lock picks. Running through the dungeon takes you to two signs and when you leave through that exit it takes you to the beginning. I am assuming the pathway is behind that locked door?

2. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Ah right. There's kind of a puzzle there in that dungeon. Do you want me to tell you? Here's a hint. Head up around that loop, ignore those signs and see what else you find up there...

3. Cahayla

Cahayla Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Thanks for the tip I'll go see if I can figure it out.:)

4. bsabiston

Just checking - how far along are you? Have you done the stuff at the castle? You also might need to explore around a bit before the Ice Mime dungeon...

5. Cahayla

Cahayla Member

Jun 16, 2017
    I have done the castle your tip for avoiding the guards helped. The only dungeon I have access to that I can't complete is Abra Cadavern. I can't figure out how to get the C door open if you have any hints for that,

6. bsabiston

Hm I don't remember offhand and don't have it in front of me, but if you got through the B door then that should get you to C. Maybe poke around a bit more there. If you need a better hint, let me know what you see when you follow the B passageway, I can't remember what's there :)

7. Cahayla

Cahayla Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Got it thanks again.

8. Indii

Indii Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Konstanz
    I'm feeling rather stupid. I'm on the third quest / first dungeon and already stuck. I killed the "boss" and explored the whole dungeon (as far as I can tell), but the quest doesn't advance. What am I doing wrong?

9. bsabiston

Hey Indii I'm not sure. It could be a bug. You are talking about the Baby Dungeon, and it doesn't show up as solved even after you beat the boss?

If that's the case don't worry about it too much. There's nothing in the first dungeon that would prevent you from doing anything in the rest of the game. I am curious however why it doesn't show up as 'done' on the log... Anything unusual happen when you beat the skeleton?

10. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I never played the first one but this is definitely scratching that Ultima itch. I like the choice to have the world map be level scaled but not the dungeons. I also like the goofy humour in the writing.

Only gripes I have are the odd typos ("you're" instead of "your" in the near-death notification and "youself" instead of "yourself" in the description for rations), but I'm sure typos are easily patched. And I would prefer iCloud instead of this cross-platform cloud save, but I realize it's probably a limitation of the engine.

11. bsabiston

Hey Tulki let me know of any other typos you run across - I'll make sure they get fixed. You can also use the Contact Dev button in the Options. Thanks!

12. Indii

Indii Active Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Konstanz
    Thanks for the answer! I'll just keep exploring then.
    I think I died the first time fighting the skeleton after running out of torches. But then I stocked up, went back and beat it.

13. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    #53 eksaint, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Thanks for this advise. I'm loving it!

Hopefully you'll update it out before I get back there. ;)

Or at least make their field of vision more obvious

Update: I'm really loving it, can't stop playing

Are Lock picks that useful?
    I have 4 of them and the couple doors I've come across I haven't been able to use them on... 12 items fills up quick and I'm loath to keep them if their common and not used often

14. Klinch

Klinch New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Bridge to the castle.

Hello!

So, i have a question.
    I went to the castle, but i was too weak to kill anything so i went back and started questing. Now i've done most of the dungeons and are level 15. I go back to the castle but one of the bridges are gone! I cant get over. I just want to know if I'm missing something or if the game is bugged for me. I never freed the king or anything. Just saw the cutscene about the key dude in the garden.

Best regards//
    Klinch

15. bsabiston

@eksaint The guards just see in a straight line, although you have to think if it in terms of those giant block tile pixels I guess. They can only see you when they are onscreen. There are little corners before each of their posts where you can just repeatedly bang into the walls and make them move a step forward. Just wait til they are almost on the other side and then follow them around, they never reverse direction unless they see you.

@Klinch hm that could be a bug, a bad one. You never talked to the King? Can you upload your game for me and/or email me? You can use the Contact Dev button on the Options screen.

16. Klinch

Klinch New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    @bsabiston Nope, never talked to the king! How do i send the game to you?:p

17. bsabiston

To upload a game, choose LOAD, then Copy and Send from the LOAD GAME screen. Give it a short name. Let me know what name you used and I should be able to fix your game so you can download it back.

18. Klinch

Klinch New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Anybody reading this should know that @bsabiston is a devoted and wonderful developer. Within 1 hour he had fixed my problem(we sorted it through mail)! If we only had more developers like this!

19. bsabiston

#59 bsabiston, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    Thanks Klinch -- I do want people to be able to play and finish my game, so bugs like the one you encountered must be addressed!

Also congratulations to Sheldon Chang, the first person (that I know about) to win the official release of Lowerlander! He discovered some bugs along the way but managed to power through them. For his valor he received a promo code for the first Lowlander.

If you beat LL2 and and want an LL1 promo code, let me know! I'll be awarding them to the early winners.

20. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Wow that stealth part is annoying. The minimap is useless in this scenario because you've never been there so... the map is blank until you blunder forward and die by trial and error about half a dozen times. NOT what I'm looking for when I start up an old school rpg. I hope this part doesn't discourage me from going back to the game ever again when I weigh which game to play. "Do I feel like taking one misstep and having to reload the game another bunch of times before I accidentally beat this part?"