Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. IIeornotIIe

IIeornotIIe New Member

May 3, 2020
    Male
    I’m late to the party on this but just recently discovered the Lowlander series. Love it. I grew up with Ultima, Wizardry, Bards Tale etc on the ol’ Apple so these games are like a trip down memory lane. I finished the firs Lowlander in two days and I’m really enjoying part 2, but I’m stuck. I can’t get through the marsh tiles and I’m pretty sure I’m at a point where I need to have that ability to progress. I’ve read through the threads here and have seen various hints about castles on islands and lizard kings but I can’t for the life of me find any such things. I’ve canoed around the continents, gotten into the wizards circle, heard the poem, explored every square inch I can on land and sea and hit every castle, town and dungeon I can find, save for one in the mountains that I can’t enter because there are two squares of marsh impeding the entrance. Am I missing something, or am I just being dumb? Thanks for your help, great job on the game!!

2. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Sounds like you either missed something or something went wrong. What’s on your quest log?

3. IIeornotIIe

IIeornotIIe New Member

May 3, 2020
    Male
    Current active open quests (sorry, I’m new here and have no idea how to do the spoiler block thing): 6 frogs for Poor Bill, bunnies for Witch Hazel, Obtain master wand (tontrius)from the wizard’s club, complete Merlyn’s challenge, travel to Orkney Islands for Bob the Wizard, talk to Oracle about how to cross the swamps.

I’ve made it to Bob and am almost about to get Arlo but there’s swamp blocking the path. I,ve talked to the oracle and he just says come back when I figure out how to cross the swamp. The only other open window at the Oracle’s he talks about his explorer’s hat. Thanks!!

4. bsabiston

#564 bsabiston, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Yeah that Bob one is the one - you’ve done a lot of other stuff that usually comes later lol I hope it still works!

what’s the problem w Bob? He’s supposed to be in Shatner’s dungeon up off the islands north of Gaddis... so is the wand...

Oh - maybe the Oracle misled you into thinking you must have the ability to cross swamps in order to get through that dungeon bottom level? That’s not the case!

5. IIeornotIIe

IIeornotIIe New Member

May 3, 2020
    Male
    All fixed! I went back to Shatner’s cave and retraced my steps and found a path on the second level I completely missed the last time around that got me to Shatner. Doh! Now off to find nightshade. Thanks so much for your help!!

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #566 stubbieoz, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Tap on reply to this post to see how to format spoilers
    type spoiler in between

7. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Sorry double post

8. bsabiston

Stubbie did your post have content or was it just to show how to mark a spoiler? I don’t see anything

9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Did you tap on “reply” ?

Don't tap on the spoiler.

10. bsabiston

So the latter.

11. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Lowererer!

12. Belmark

Belmark Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Help! I can't seem to find riverwood...nor can I find this flying machine other comments on this thread have alluded to. I feel as though I'm pretty set up to take on Yarak (zordmurk, dragon armor, etc) I'd love to have that snazzy wand too.

Any pointers on where to look next?

13. bsabiston

Hm what does your Quest log say? Have you been to the demesnes maze outside Yarak's castle?

Have you joined the Wizard's Club? I think that is in the city just NE of the Observatory....

14. Belmark

Belmark Member

Jul 17, 2020
    I've completed 3 of 4 wizard quests, and I haven't gone in to the defense yet. Riverwood in there somewhere?

15. bsabiston

Yes - do you have a quest for Riverwood? At some point someone should sort of indicate how to find it. What are your outstanding quests? The ones that sound important are the best way to figure out what to do next.

16. Belmark

Belmark Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Heyyo, I found riverwood! And I just nabbed the key from sleether. Thanks for the info! This game is rad and I appreciate the swift replies. Now I'm just searching for the skylark! I forget where bob says it is...but I'm on the prowl.

17. Belmark

Belmark Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Wait, just found it ha duh. Thanks so much! Best game I've played in a while for sure.

18. Belmark

Belmark Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Man, 49 out of 50 spellstones...

I've filled in the whole map is there an npc that gives you one or something? I'm so close!

Thanks a ton :)

19. bsabiston

#579 bsabiston, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    There's a couple tricky ones - but if you scour the map, I believe they all blink ...

Let me know if you can't find it - I just don't want to spoil it outright unless you are truly stuck...

20. Mark Hopson

Mark Hopson New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Male
    Excellent game. Request a little help... I’m 2 hours into my search for the one-armed man and I’m halfway through the map. Can someone save me a little time? Much appreciated.