Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Dan Groseclose

Dan Groseclose New Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Male
    Nevermind. I started over, figured it out and defeated Yarak :).

2. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Wow, you started over? Oh man, I'm sorry, that's a lot to have to replay. I missed the notification of your earlier post. I'm glad you were able to go all the way the second time - congratulations!

3. Tedward19

Tedward19 New Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Male
    Aargh.... I love this game as it certainly gives me the nostalgia tingles from my Ultima days. But, I'm sitting on 49 of 50 spellstones and there are no more flashing lights (that I'm seeing) on the map. I'm officially stuck and cant progress. Is there a SS out there that I might be missing. Any help would be appreciated. BTW 5 out of 5 to the Dev. These games are a blast!

4. bsabiston

Check Bob the Wizard’s house / nook.

If all else fails, upload your game and I’ll take a look...

Load Game -> Copy -> Send from the Title screen

5. Tedward19

Tedward19 New Member

Apr 30, 2019
    Male
    100% user error..... :)
    It was someone's 'precious' possession and I must have just missed it when searching the realm.
    Thanks!!

6. Frogthor

Frogthor New Member

May 21, 2019
    I’m stuck - I have the button I found in Lowlander’s crypt - but I don’t know how to find the match for it?

7. bsabiston

Sorry, I guess TouchArcade doesn't notify me anymore when someone posts here! :(

Did you figure this out? Examine the button ... let me know if you need a stronger hint.

8. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    WHEN?!? I WANT! Need help playtesting?

9. bsabiston

Ha ha - thanks! Don’t hold your breath though. I got a real job and hardly have any time to work on my own stuff now...

10. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Buuuut ... I have a real job too, and totally have time to play Lowestlander! It’s all about priorities, man.

11. matt@r

matt@r New Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    #471 matt@r, Jun 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Hello! This is my first time going through Lowerlander, and I'm having lots of fun with it! I've got a couple of questions about the late-game:

1) I've reached
    Bob the Wizard's hut outside of Yarak's demesne, and he's sent me away since I only had 20-odd of the spellstones, but he didn't create a warp gate in his house at all. I read in an earlier post on this thread that he should do that. I guess maybe that bug is still there?

2) I know
    Sleether has the key I need to steal the Skylark, but I don't know where exactly Sleether is.

Edit: I'm a derp; I figured it out on my own.
    Remembered the clue about needing anti-fire protection to get into the castle, which made me realize I already had the Dragon armor, so I could get in. That then made me realize that Sleether was probably in the castle (which he was, duh). Everything was easy from there.

Edit: I'm still interested in the following question. Do you have any plans (in your copious spare time, I'm sure! ;)) to write a FAQ/walkthrough type of document, or at least a list of hints for getting past commonly-mentioned "stuck" points in the game (perhaps for Lowlander, too?)? Thanks!

12. bsabiston

Hey I'm sorry I didn't get the notification for your post! TouchArcade doesn't always send them it seems. Glad to hear you solved the game. That's weird that Bob didn't create the warp gate.
    Regarding Sleether, didn't you run into the guy outside the demesne walls when you get through in the canoe near Bob's hut? He is supposed to task you with talking to the captain of the guards I think and tell you about Sleether...

13. matt@r

matt@r New Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    #473 matt@r, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Yeah, I apparently didn't clue in the first time when I talked to that guy that a) Sleether was in the castle, and b) I could get into the castle easily once I had the Dragon armor. Brain sometimes no work good. Not a problem on your/the game's part, just me. And fortunately I didn't need to worry about the warp gate, though it would've been helpful. It just meant I had to backtrack through the maze multiple times, is all. nbd.

Oh yeah, I'm having trouble finding the Temple of the Moon. Is there anyone in-world that I can find that would clue me in to it?

14. bsabiston

I don't think there's anyone in-game that talks about it.
    But it isn't super-hidden, you probably just missed it while flying around and now the map's all uncovered? I'm not sure which one's the Moon but I know there's on on the swampy island...

15. matt@r

matt@r New Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Male
    You're right, I found it. I just missed it; probably just passed by it on foot, took note of it, then forgot it was there.
    And now I have God Mode! ...So, once you get through the four towers, is that it for the story/new things to do in the game? I thought I saw posts far upthread about alternative paths?

16. Jeremy Solterbeck

Jeremy Solterbeck New Member

Jul 1, 2019
    Male
    Hello - I apologize if I'm posting a question in the wrong way, I don't think I've got the hang of this board. Anyway I'm stuck trying to get Skylark in II, there's a door on either side of the room and lock picks don't work. I didn't find any keys on the way through the maze. Should I keep trying in the maze area, or is there a key back in some town that I missed? Just not wanting to backtrack through the whole maze unless I need to. I have the dragon scales, zordmurk, but I don't have the wand yet. I realize I need it, I was just poking around in the maze and ended up getting all the way in. Thanks!

17. bsabiston

Yeah keep on in the maze - work your way upward toward the top...

18. Jeremy Solterbeck

Jeremy Solterbeck New Member

Jul 1, 2019
    Male
    Awesome, figured it out. I'd forgotten what someone had told me. Hey, this game is amazing, as was Lowlander, I've been playing them obsessively. I would happily obsess over testing any forthcoming titles in the future. Thank you, or the developer if it's not you, for putting these together! What fun. And someone's sense of humor and hobbies are coming through loud and clear.

19. bsabiston

Ha ha, thanks! Yeah I got dinged in the TouchArcade review about trying a bit too hard with the jokes ;)

20. Crisco

Crisco New Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Male
    View attachment 127471
    Houston, we have a problem.

I am getting an error message when after I load my saved game and take more than 1 step. I tried restarting the app, my device and saving it to another slot, but it still shows the error message. I have attached a screenshot of the message.

Help me, bsabiston, you’re my only hope.

Also, I can enter the dungeon I am standing by and navigate through it, but as soon as I emerge, even on the other side, I get the same message.

Attached Files: