Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Whoah! That is crazy! I’m sorry that is happening to you. What device are you playing on? If you upload your game I can take a look in the morning. Choose Load Game -> Copy -> Send from the Title screen.

I’m not sure if that is a bug which would affect the game. I’ve never seen that before. Did you get the 1 or maybe 2 gens in Bob’s hideout?

2. Jonboy

Jonboy Member

Nov 14, 2016
    iPhone 7 Plus
    IOS 12.01
    I uploaded the game
    Tagged with ‘error’
    I found the one gem at Bobs house
    Missing one more

3. bsabiston

Hey Jonboy,

I fixed your save game -- at least, the 'oh noes' thing. I am not sure how it happened but somehow you got some monsters in your save game that it didn't recognize. Maybe that was causing the Gilligan's island problem, I am not sure. It isn't doing that for me now.

Actually -- I think the three "monsters" may have been Gilligan and his friends -- did you attack them? Ha ha, that would make them hostile and save them as monsters, but the load game wouldn't have a record of that kind of monster. A new bug!

In order to download the fixed game you need an empty save slot. (If you don't have one then start a new game in a slot and then hit cancel before it actually begins the game.)

From the title screen, tap Load Game and then tap the empty slot. Use the tag ’error2', lower case and no numbers needed.

As far as the missing gem, that is just one you haven't found yet -- Bob also has another house ...

4. SC.Sportsman

SC.Sportsman New Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Male
    I’ve been playing my way through Lowerlander with my 8-year old, and I’ve loved showing him what games were like when I was a kid.

We’re almost at the end of the game, but I seem to be missing something.

I can’t figure out how to get the APOTHEO spell. My intelligence is at 90 and I have Torontius.

Also,

I don’t seem to be able to find the Boots of Balin.

Thanks!

5. bsabiston

Hello SC - what do you have in your quest list? I think the spell is taught to you as part of the story.

Also do not worry about the boots, they are a special item that can only be obtained after you have beaten the main game.

6. SC.Sportsman

SC.Sportsman New Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Male
    I've completed every quest that I've been given. The most recents ones are:

• Meet Bob after collecting spellstones
    • Meet Shelley at the Observatorium
    • Seek out Fausto in Castle Yarak
    • Steal the Skylark
    • Find the man near Riverwood
    • Around the world in canoe
    • Find Riverwood
    • Retrieve toy boat
    • Complete Dresden's Challenge
    • Typewriter
    • Humidifier
    • Amy's leg

Thanks!

7. bsabiston

If you got all the spellstones, I think Bob should have given you the spell when you went back to meet him. Did you go and meet him at the Kings castle? Or did you go back to his little hut outside the wall? Try going to the castle if you have not done that.

8. SC.Sportsman

SC.Sportsman New Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Male
    That did it, thanks. I had talked to him in the castle right after he told me to meet him there, but that first time I went I didn't get the spell. This time he gave it to me. I think I hadn't finished all of the four wizards club quests, and didn't have the wand at that time. Maybe I did that part out of order...

Anyway, thanks for this game. I played the first five Ultimas as a kid when they were first released, and love this kind of game. My son and I are going to go back through the original Lowlander next; I finished that one before he was interested in it.

9. bsabiston

Cool, thanks! I’m currently playing V on an emulator - I never got beyond IV before. It’s a lot of fun!

10. Oaprah

Oaprah New Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Male
    Love, love this game. First time I’ve logged more than a couple hours on a game in a day in years.

Anyway, I registered this account specifically to ask this question (it doesn’t look like there’s a walkthrough anywhere on the internet, and nobody on this thread seems to have had this problem): I just ran through all of Cave F without finding a nightshade. Am I missing something?

11. bsabiston

Hey Oaprah, I’m glad you like the game! I’m not at my computer - which one is F? What does it look like? Are you sure you didn’t already get the nightshade from that cave?

12. Oaprah

Oaprah New Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Male
    How are you this good at monitoring the board? 18 minute response time. You need some kind of medal.

Cave F is the one near Iquitos, in a little spiral. I’ve uploaded a pic. On the inside, it’s a large square split by a little river. I’m sure I didn’t get the nightshade; I’ve been keeping track in a little doc so I won’t have to backtrack through any caves.

Attached Files:

13. bsabiston

Ha - I’m subscribed to this thread, so I get an email when someone posts. Luckily I was checking my mail last night before I went to bed :)

So - isn’t F the big open room where you can hardly see? There’s a river with a bridge near the middle top? The nightshade in that room is way over on the very right edge of the map, vertically about a third of the way down.

Let me know if it’s not there, or if I’m looking at the wrong map!

14. Oaprah

Oaprah New Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Male
    Check out the fog of war *right* where the nightshade is.

Thank you much! That was probably the difference between me finishing the game or calling it. I’ll get you a good review on the App Store here soon, you absolutely deserve it.

Attached Files:

15. bsabiston

OMG :)

Thanks - let me know if you run into any more trouble!

16. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Soooooo ...

What’s next?

17. bsabiston

LL3 of course!

Harryplopper likes this.
  18. breban1

breban1 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing what 3 brings, any ETA?

LOVED LL1... (LL2 not so much). I'm hoping you don't add more complexity to 3, because simplicity is what it's all about right?

- PLEASE no Alligator in LL3, I stopped playing after getting that thing wondering around aimlessly. Because of that, I never finished 2.

Ultima III forever.

19. bsabiston

Ha ha, cmon that aliigator wasn’t that bad. There’s a spell that will calm them and prevent them from being restless. It’s too bad you didn’t finish - it has a cool climactic scene.

20. Dan Groseclose

Dan Groseclose New Member

Apr 6, 2019
    Male
    Hi. I played Ultima III a long time ago and love the lowlander games. I got through Lowlander and I am trying to go through the Lowlander 2. Unfortunately, I am literally stuck. I am located at the Pirates Cove Cave trying to get Eddie. I just got out of the cave and Eddie is standing to my South. The East, West, and North are all mountains. If I press South it says Eddie goes into the cave, but I still cannot move even after he goes in the cave. Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 6.37.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 6.41.27 PM.png