Universal Lowlander II: Lowerlander (by Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Jalgayer

Jalgayer Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Thanks bob

I ran into every wall - even the ones in the swamp - and no other secret passage that I have found ...?

2. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

#402 bsabiston, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    It should be on the left, see this map...

Attached Files:

3. Jalgayer

Jalgayer Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Ok great that works - just got around to it this AM.

Now have a quest RE the deonautics pin.... can’t remember which town that was — would love a tip

Also when can we expect LL3?

OUTSTANDING job on this one pal!

4. bsabiston

Thanks! I’m not sure about LL3, I haven’t started on it. Regarding the pin, what does the quest say? Did you find that pin already?

5. Jalgayer

Jalgayer Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Yah I have the pin

“Find thebatolen sword zordmick - maybe the pin you found under the bed...”

Any thought la on making the leap to a multi member party? Like the change from ultima 2 —> 3

6. bsabiston

Ok - you need to revisit the place where you first heard about Deonautics - your hometown.

I am thinking about parties a la Ultima 3 - I’ve avoided it so far because I like the exploration and traveling much more than the endless group fights. I always grew tired of having to do those every few steps.

7. Jalgayer

Jalgayer Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Thanks man.

I agree with the grind of battles in U3

Just thinking of how to move L3 into a different direction .... really such a great job you did...

Hey while I have you

Where are all those clowns? I found that 5th one that “used to be a clown” but I forget where the main group is,”!!!

8. bsabiston

Are you doing the clown quest? I can’t remember offhand where they all are - Ronald McDonald is on the Butterfly island, and there’s one in Lazlo, maybe Tove and Riverwood? If that’s wrong, I believe you can tip the bartender in Low Town and they’ll tell you the places.

9. yaggie

yaggie New Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Enjoying this game a lot as Ultima games were my favourite ones back in the day. At the moment I’m in Kanye and can’t figure out how to get to Amy’s house. Door can be knocked but she won’t come to open it and lockpicks don’t work on the door. Any hints?

10. bsabiston

Hmm. That's a new one. Where are you in the story? You have a quest to find her? If you upload your game I can take a look at see if there's anything wrong. Use Load Game -> Copy -> Send from the title screen.

11. yaggie

yaggie New Member

Apr 5, 2018
    So I need some quest to get in - never mind then. I'm just exploring the world currently :)

12. andreiboss50

andreiboss50 Member

Feb 22, 2018
    #412 andreiboss50, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    -

13. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    #413 addink, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    (Assuming you already got the original Lowlander)

'QuestLord' (32 bit so requires iOS 10 or earlier)
    Similar and different: first person view, but very simple pixelated graphics, similar in quests and huge open world (read: huge maze)
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/questlord/id510864423

Sadly 'Gurk III' seems to be gone from the appstore. It is similar to lowerlander in quests and easthetic, though combat is party based and very different. The gurk series is still available on android. For free, no ads.

'9th dawn II' might scratch your itch. More detailed graphic look and feel, and more action based combat, still a huge open world with a good variation in quests.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/9th-dawn-ii/id1076717689

14. bsabiston

#414 bsabiston, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
    I don't think Gurk III is gone! It was updated to support 64 bit. It's the closest I know of -- it is what inspired me to make Lowlander. It focuses more on party-based fighting and less story/quests, but it is still very fun.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gurk-iii-the-8-bit-rpg/id685128493?mt=8

QuestLord is definitely fun -- it's more like the dungeons of original Ultima, or Wizardry, with the 1st person grid system. The portrait style controls are similar to Lowlander.

There's also the Dragon Quest games, like Dragon Quest 3:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dragon-quest-iii/id911208088?mt=8

I tried 9th Dawn but never got into it much.

You might also try 'Fairune', though it is closer to a minimal Zelda. Still pretty fun!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fairune/id609432419?mt=8

15. addink

addink Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    That's awesome :)
    The link works perfectly, but strangely enough when I search for 'gurk' it responds with nothing that even resembles the word gurk..

16. andreiboss50

andreiboss50 Member

Feb 22, 2018
    #416 andreiboss50, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    -

17. bsabiston

Yes, I find it so strange that you can search for the exact name of something in the App Store and have 100 other-named things pop up before it.

18. Kenneth McCormick

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    I’m stumped on finding Marge. I’ve literally cleared all the “unexplored” area except fire island. Can you give me a hint? See attachment

Also, I tried to find the island between the north bridge and east bridge in Sulaco. I thought I had to search for it outside the city on the world map. I tried all three boats but I never found it. I have Eddie’s Pirate ship but never found it. Now, I realize that it’s inside the city map and I was to use the canons to blow the bridges up. Now I have no way to sail a boat back into town. Did I miss a key component to finishing the game? See attacked.

Lastly, I cannot find the one-arm man. Any hint?

Attached Files:

19. Kenneth McCormick

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    This sign in the picture is following me around like a person, lil

Attached Files:

20. Kenneth McCormick

Jun 4, 2018
    Male
    I found YB but I cannot complete the quest for the Observatorium because the I’ve been there and now the guards are afraid to open the gate. Is there another way back in?