Universal Lowlander (By Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Dec 31, 2014.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Why must it be approved like this again? When devs update their products does every update go through the samething? It just seems like a long time to be in limbo.

Billy

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yes, every game and every update to every game has to go through the Apple approval process and is a bit of a waiting game.

3. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

I understand the need to review, but I must say it is pret-ty, pret-ty nice with Android just being able to throw stuff up there when it's ready. And if there are problems you can fix them immediately.

Apple reviewers only spend about five minutes actually reviewing each app -- the wait is all backlog -- so it's hard to say what it is they actually accomplish with the review process. I guess just making sure each app actually launches and at least appears to do what it promises.

4. bsabiston

#104 bsabiston, Jan 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Yes, it will be this week! I got the update approval yesterday. Please let me know if you have any problems with the game this time :)

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Excellent, look forward to seeing it.

6. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Great!

7. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Congrats on the update and rerelease, I look forward to the update tonight. Thank You and I hope you have a lot of success with this game, I've really been enjoying it.:)

8. thesilverstx

thesilverstx Member

Mar 20, 2013
    Can't wait to be able to buy it.

9. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    So I see the game back on the AppStore but there is no update to fix the graphical bug on my device, it still version 1.0.0.:confused:

10. bsabiston

#110 bsabiston, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    Sheez! Thanks for letting me know. The new version was set to release on Jan 15 but apparently I had to go in there and manually release it as well. The new version should appear soon, give it an hour or so and see if it shows up. It's version 1.0.3.

I'm sorry about that! It seems this release has been fraught with issues.

11. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #111 Collin, Jan 15, 2015
    In spite of the release issues, I was quite pleased to be able to buy it tonight.

Edit: that said, that Yorke is stupid hard to find. Two lives down, uncovered a huge portion if the map, twice, including the sign and yet can't find it. Would you consider adding a food shop to the castle?

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    The updates here now

13. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Still at v1.0 on UK APP store...

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm in the uk and the updates here

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Congrats on finally making it into a release list on the TouchArcade front-page! :D

16. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So can i have some tips ?

At the beginning the king told me what town to go to, i had trouble finding that. When i did eventually find it without dying i needed food but i didnt have enough coins ! So i died !

17. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    #117 anabolicMike, Jan 15, 2015
    Nothing at all interesting released except for this one. And to be honest the only reason this one is interesting is because I read the thread and I like the dev now. Purchasing it now purely on my outlook on the dev hehheh

It pays to be a nice honest fellow! It pays a whole 2.29 canadian minus the hipster mafias tax, oops mean Apples Percentage.

QUICK IMP: When you die it boots up game centre. I don't care about game centre. Slow downnnnnnn lol. Also I starved to death before I found anything. I'm gonna have to like take a few games to figure out where to go. Hmmmmmz. Maybe when you go into a city have it so you don't lose food? If you were to lose food only on the overworld that would be pretty cool. Much easier however still require planning and grinding for gold. Also the fight button is so big I hit that lots of times when I meant a direction button and cause I'm a dumb dumb then I would hit the direction button. I punch some toddler to death. Though awesome to punch a random toddler to death, the merchants threw off the shackles of society and beat me to a bloody marshmallow

18. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, you want to make your way to Yorke as soon as you talk to the king but make sure to fight some monsters on the way there. Food is 32 gold for 100 pieces, so make sure you have enough gold to buy food and heal yourself if necessary(a health potion is 30 gold) or you can go to the healer but the amount he charges to heal goes up every time you level up.

I would recommend you turn the auto-save off and manually save otherwise you can get screwed over by being poisoned early on.

19. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Found Yeorke. It's south and east of the sign that says that it's SW...

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep same here. I dont use game centre so its a bit annoying it keeps popping up even though i'm not logged in or anything