Universal Lowlander (By Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    #441 Mati, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    I didn't remove game yet. I can be your labratory rat in case you want to try fix that slow downs.
    BTW do you know any similar games on Play Store? I mean I beated Gurk (I, II, III), Eternal Lux, Lowlander... QuestLord was more 3D but also nice, now I beated Dragon Quest I - rest of serries are extremaly expensive, same like Final Fantasy games. Doom & Destiny... I don't know looks little odd and I don't like controls. Actually I'm playing Saga RPG: First Blade. Any more ideas?

2. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

#442 bsabiston, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    @Mati you probably don't have the game on your phone anymore, but I ran across something today that could have been responsible for that slowdown. If you get a chance, try it out and let me know if it fixes the problem for you? It made a difference on my Android device. It's version 1.2.0.

EDIT: Shoot, nevermind -- that fix was no fix at all. It caused a major bug. I'm sorry for the confusion!

3. Chrulie

Chrulie New Member

Oct 16, 2016
    Lowlander - Odium dungeon glim spell no good help

How can i see in the last 2 dungeons for the ingots? I cast glim multiple times and nothing.

Can anyone help me out?

4. JimmyMike

JimmyMike New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Beat Lowlander (Again)

Hi Bob,

Beat Lowlander again today; had a smile on my face the entire time I played it. Can't wait for the sequel!

-J. Michael

5. Jonboy

Jonboy Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Vonar tunnels

November 2016:

Deos any one know how to get passed the mountains? I pass through the vonar tunnels and can't get to the castle. Are there boots I need to wear? If so, where are they located?
    Thanks..

6. gbjeff

gbjeff Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Help....

I would GREATLY appreciate any help with the end of this amazing game. I am all the way to the end. However,
    I cannot beat Azamon. She is invincible. I don't have enough mana points at that point to pound her with spells and my attacks with my weapon don't work.
    I obviously missed a step. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you friends.

7. gbjeff

gbjeff Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Yes, there are boots. However, I honestly cannot remember where they are located. Others have posted in these forums where they are. Hope this helps.

8. bsabiston

@gbjeff I think you have some stuff still to do. I believe if you talk to the princess in King Pynchon's castle she will set you on the path to the boots. I am not sure what, if anything else, you are missing. But yes these forums have the answers to most questions, or you can ask if you don't find what you are looking for.

bob

9. gbjeff

gbjeff Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Thanks for the reply Bob. And thank you for an incredible game. I'm in my 40s and this game brought me back to the Ultima 80s again!

As for my current situation:
    I have the boots, I have the ship, and the jet plane. I have switched all 9 switches and have gone all the way to Azamon. However, I just don't know how to kill her. Any help would be appreciated.

10. bsabiston

Thanks! I'm deep into Lowlander II, which is almost finished, so I have trouble remembering the details of the first one. But I think what you need to do is go back and visit Bob in the cave. Did you do that after getting the plane?

11. gbjeff

gbjeff Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Yep. Did that too.
    He said to see Queen Fagan, which I did. She told me to see King Sebastian after throwing all nine switches, which I did. And he wants me to go finish the game. I'm totally lost as to what I'm missing. Is there a way to make Azamon no longer invincible?

12. bsabiston

Yes, I didn't want to spoil anything in case you hadn't gotten there. At some point someone -- I thought it was Bob -- should have taught you a spell, the final spell that you have to cast on Azamon to make her vulnerable. She's vulnerable for a few turns after you cast the spell and you can get some hits in. Does that sound familiar?

13. gbjeff

gbjeff Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Gotcha. I have a spell that when i cast it it says that she is weak. Is that the one? I was trying to kill her with that spell. I forgot about when it was taught to me. I put the game down for about six months and forgot. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

14. bsabiston

Yeah the spell won't kill her, but it just makes her vulnerable for a bit.

15. gbjeff

gbjeff Member

Feb 27, 2017
    That was it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! It worked perfectly. All done with the game. That second level in Azamon's lair is tough.

VERY excited about Lowlander 2. I wish you all of the best and will look forward to buying more games from you in the future!

16. bsabiston

Congratulations! Glad you got it to work.

17. Wdaytonco

Wdaytonco New Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Easy

You want to get enough experience and mana to kill azamon? Well play the game longer to gain more experience and mana OR

Go to the kings castle and attack a guard, use the whorlex spell to wipe out all guards surrounding you. You will gain crazy experience quickly killing castle guards and the kings.... exit and re-enter and keep on keeping on till you building up your experience.. head south to the town to the healer and pay for hearings to keep repeating...

18. lex3001

lex3001 Member

Jun 26, 2015
    #458 lex3001, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    **SPOILER** Lowlander map

;)
    After completing the game some time back I created a map. I dug it out again recently when one of my kids started Lowlander from scratch. I thought I'd upload it in case anyone else would like to use it and so it doesn't get lost. Don't use it unless you need to -- spoiler alert!

I can't seem find a way to hide the image thumbnail in the forums here so I uploaded it to imgur instead:
    http://i.imgur.com/ttb4tnm.png

Now, off to try Lowlander 2!

19. istara

istara Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    This is really great - I've linked to it on my site! http://rpg-site.com/lowlander.html

20. gluebyte

gluebyte New Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Stuck in early stage

Can anyone help me? I think I've explored everywhere visible in the map below and talked to everyone, but I cannot find anything else to do.

Can't find a boat, can't find the password for the Vonar Mountains.
    Any hint is much appreciated!

Attached Files: