Universal Lowlander (By Flat Black Films)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by bsabiston, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Jalgayer

Jalgayer Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Got it .... And won it all! Thanks again...
    Any chance for a lowlander 2?

2. bsabiston

bsabiston Well-Known Member

Great! Yes, I'm working on LL2 now when I have the time...

3. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    #423 Mati, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    First of all, great game! I love it! I have just two problems. First one, sometimes when I go to menu screen and after when I want go back to game screen freezes and I must reopen game and load my save. Second problem is more important IMO, each time I start game and do some moves game slow down it's like frame loss or smthg, but when I get to town its super smooth again until I go out. It's flustrating. I got Samsung S4. Hope you can help.

Where is Dungeon of Abhorrence? can't find it :( Could you show me on map or smthg?

4. bsabiston

@Mati I'm sorry you're having those issues. I haven't heard of the menu freezing before. It could be a memory problem, or I might have introduced a bug in the most recent update. Does it happen at any specific time or just randomly?

The slowdown I think happens because too many monsters accumulate out in the world. This seems to be more of a problem on certain devices. Maybe I need to tweak it a bit for Android. In any case, have your tried restarting the phone before you play? That would give you the most memory I think.

Abhorrence, well, there is a hint in the sign near it, about For Whom the Bell Tolls. If you haven't read it, it's about a guy who blows up a bridge...

If that isn't enough of a clue, there was a guy in these forums who did make a map. I can't find the thread now, but I do have a link to his map still: https://i.imgur.com/ZzJSp32.jpg

Bob

5. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    #425 Mati, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
    @bsabiston Thanks for fast reply. Well I got Android 5.0.1 on my S4 maybe that's why? My screen freezes randomly sometimes when I check map and then go and save and jump between this screens if you know what I mean :)
    Even if game will move faster after reboot my phone I don't want to do it everytime I want to play :) hope you will check it out somehow. Edit. It's the same after reboot.
    Many thanks for tip and a map! can't wait for sequel. Till this time I will check Dragon Warior 1 on android :)

OK I know now where to find that dungeon but I can't use my boat to swim there because of bridges. How can I do it?

6. bsabiston

@Mati I don't know if you are still playing, but I made a change to the tile manager which should improve the speed situation. I just uploaded a new update 1.1.8 to Google Play store. It might take a couple hours to appear, I don't know.

When it gets slow, go into a town or a dungeon and see if it isn't faster when you come back out. I'd appreciate it if you can let me know if this update improved the issue or not.

Bob

7. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    #427 Mati, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    @Bob I Tryed go in to town and dungeon and after I go out sadly I didn't notice big difference (maybe a little) :( When I'm in town it's SUPER smooth but when I explore it's slow down. I bought Dragon Quest 1 on android and it's run smooth everywhere so it's not my phone fault I think. Besides I still have problems to get in to this dungeon (Abhorrence) even now I know where it is :/ let me get through this I want to finish it :)

8. bsabiston

@Mati,

You got the new 1.1.8 version? Well, I guess that didn't work. Shoot, I thought it would. When you start the game, is it faster and gradually slows down? Or is it slow right from when you launch?

As far as the dungeon, it's in the middle of the big lake there, you have to go up one of the rivers, either by Crosby or on the west side, to get there. Blow up the bridges with the ship cannons.

9. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    @Bob it's happening few secs after launch and exploring. Towns and dungeons are super smooth. Yes I get new version. Well thanks for trying I guess. Seems like monsters on a map do it because I remember when I started new game it was OK. Later many mobs spawned after few hours and maybe that's why.

Thanks. I'm in dungeon now, and I can keep progresing.

10. bsabiston

OK -- maybe it is the number of monsters then. It seemed more likely to be the tiles that accumulate as you uncover the map, and I tried to fix that. I'm not sure if I did or not -- I might try a better fix later today. But for now I did cut the max allowable monsters in half for Android -- I just uploaded 1.1.9 if you want to give it a shot, let me know if you notice any difference?

11. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    #431 Mati, Jul 7, 2016
    @Bob before I get update check how it's look from my pov. I recorded some action outside and inside town, you will see difference.
    http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/KIRlNAWJ/file.html

Edit:
    I'm updated, but no difference, sorry. I hope you are not mad I'm taking your time.

12. bsabiston

Yes, I see. I would think it has more to do with tiles, but check the 1.1.9 update and see if you notice any improvement. As I say, later this afternoon I might try something new with the tiles, but it will take a little more time than these simple fixes I've tried so far.

13. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    @Bob Sorry didn't notice any improvements. From my perspective it's like - 60 fps in towns and 20 fps outside :/ but your game it's so good I will beat it for sure :) and if you menage to fix this I will buy Lowlander 2 in a first day aftet relase :)

14. bsabiston

@Mati OK, thanks. Are you sure you are running the 1.1.9 version? You killed the process and relaunched? Theoretically it shouldn't be much slower than the towns when you first start the game, even with the older version. The slowdown should happen gradually over time. If the new version is slow right out of the gate, then it may be some other problem I'm not aware of.

15. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
  16. bsabiston

OK -- well, that is faster than the first video you sent, at least. But it probably slows down over time to the speed you had before. I'll let you know if I try that other thing which might help.

17. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    @Bob aaaaaaaaaa <throw phone through the window> :) I'm in that big room with lava at the end where mobs are everywhere and my game freezes three times in a row while I was using potions or spells... and I must do it often... hope it won't happen this time...

18. bsabiston

Uh-oh. I wonder if that last change I made screwed something up.

19. Mati

Mati Member

Jul 3, 2016
    #439 Mati, Jul 7, 2016
    @Bob nahhh I told you few post ago sometimes I got that freeze while switching menu screen and game screen and that problem exist but it's not so annoying most of time.

BTW
    [​IMG]

20. bsabiston

Ha, great! I'm glad the freezing did not prevent you from completing it. I wish I knew what caused that.