iPad Low Grav Racer or Asphalt 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by zztfox, Dec 6, 2008.

1. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Both are $6, I have heard that Asphalt 4 is pretty choppy on the frame rate but has more depth. Anyone able to comment on this?

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I bought Asphalt 4 and was impressed by the replay value and incentive system... you always want to get more $ so you can buy new parts for your car.. I don't know that Low Grav Racer has that type of system

3. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    1. You should add a poll to this thread.

2. I think you should get Asphalt... But then again, you could buy Low Grav Racer or even save your money for when NFS comes out later this month.

4. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Fastlane Street racing :)

5. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Need for Speed ftw, dont waste your money on those games, you cant even accelerate with Asphalt. NFS is guaranteed to have better graphics, better gameplay/controls, and lets not forget the customization. Its just flat out a better buy.

6. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Did nobody in this forum buy Low Grav Racer? I bought it and I quite enjoy it. It's a good game.

7. ITrocks

ITrocks Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    I bought it, and yea i love the game. But i think we need more tracks. They're mostly the red mist ones, with orange. The most beautiful one is the 12th one, it's just soo amazing. (It's the blue one) :D

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Give it a year or two. If you don't like it by then, I'd recommend Sally's Salon.

9. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Well said mate. EDNG approves.
    PS: there's nothing wrong with liking Sally's Salon

10. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    LOL

Obviously that kid hasn't played BIA. I loved Gameloft since that game came out.

11. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    wow look at your sig, you must be one of those insane Christians that thinks gays are the devil and takes the bible word for word, even though they are all stories. You are utterly disgusted at the girls? First of all, they aren't even real pics. Second of all most men like sexy women. I don't know what's wrong with you, but at age 11 I was all about staring at hot chicks titties.

12. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    I have both and actually I wasn't overly impressed by LGR - it was just...ok. Asphalt 4 > LGR for me.

13. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't like Asphalt 4 very much. Sure the graphics are quite nice, but i think any racer lives or dies by it controls and Asphalt 4's control just isn't quite right. I didn't even bother finishing it because i got bored!

I prefer the feel of Low Grav Racer, i think it has better tilt controls. It just feels more responsive and effective. I prefer the graphics and art style (apart from the ships themselves - which are a bit dull). Also, the frame rate is smooth throughout. Plus the devs have already stated that they are adding more tracks in future updates - that is extra cool!

14. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Asfalt has lots of content but their next game, Ferrari, should be better regarding controls and even graphics.

I didn't like Asfalt after all.

I prefer Low Grav but there are some points they missed as I wrote in another topic:

15. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Sorry to go off topic but thats a pretty shallow assumption don't you think? Just respect everyones differences about whether you are into that type of thing or not and let it be. And with the whole "Christian" thing please don't be so stereotypical and and grow up a tad.

I would recommend Fastlane Street Racing out of all 3 major racing titles because it has better graphics, a wider selection of vehicles and tracks and a good challenge. The other two would be more suited if you are looking for something easier.

16. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    Correct me if i am wrong, Asphalt has more Vehicles and Tracks than fastlane. and asphalts new update have made the tilt controls impossible

17. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

And how were you accepted to these forums? I thought you had to be 13...

18. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008

I'm not sure if they are drawings or pictures, but you shouldn't be disgusted by the female body since it too was created by god.

P.S: I'm a christian. But lets not make this thread about religion please.

19. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Lol, forgot about that but with Fastlane, there is considerably more detail into the cars. And pablo I don't think it's about the woman themselves but the context in which they have been used.

20. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Don't know the context, don't have the game Lol :D

And most people aren't THAT christian that they would make a big woop about it. I wouldn't.