Universal Lovecraft's Untold Stories (by Blini Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 3, 2019.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just hold off a sec.
    There appears to be something not quite right with the game in the Aussie app store.
    When I check for updates it does not show up as needing an update, and when I search for Lovecrafts Untold Stories in the search bar it shows no such game in the preview, but upon tapping search it does show the game down the list in the search results.
    I am now re-downloading the update and will try the game again.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What is supposed to happen, is save game progress supposed to carry over between devices automatically?

3. Blini_Games

Blini_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Maybe the App Store in Australia didn´t have time to update itself, but it is weird because there have been several hours already since the launch. Still, it is sunday and you never know. The version is the 1.3. You should see some update notes in the App Store if everything is ok, and once you download the game, in the main menu there is the number of the version.

4. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    On the 1.3 version, (the one after the patch) the game saves automatically in the background without the player having to take any action.

On Easy mode, the game saves after each 2 rooms cleared.
    On Normal mode, after 5 rooms.
    On Hard mode, we kept the original saving system. (For the hardcore players :))

5. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Also, to avoid missunderstandings, please know that the saving system activates when you explore new rooms. Meaning is that if in Easy mode, for example, you run over already visited and cleaned rooms several times, that doesn´t count, and won´t trigger the Saving system.

To know when the game is saved, you can look at the photo of your character. There will be a disc icon every time the game saves the progress.

nickhoola likes this.
  6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Arh, that explains it a bit better, thanks for clarifying (perhaps a mention in the patch notes that NEW rooms are required).
    My game is now definitely ver1.300.
    There is a slight problem since the update.
    The screen after you tap continue has the Old Mansion description text, however now it is not in English and looks like German or some other language.

7. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    We added German in this new patch. Please, in the main menu go to Options // Language // and choose English. it should go back to normal.

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Already did that.
    All the rest of the text is in English. So far that has been the only German text.

And I also installed the game on my iPhone and the save system is working a treat. :)
    (and the Manor description is in German also on that install).

9. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Yay! :)

I will check what's up with that text fragment.

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I’m referring to iCloud saves, which is online save game backups that synchronize progress between different devices.

(Your comments has me thinking you might be familiar with this mechanic, so excuse me if I explain something you might already know!: iCloud is not something an app uses by default for iOS. It has to be implemented intentionally.

L’sUS shows no indication it supports iCloud functionality, neither in the app, App Store, nor in iOS iCloud settings and storage overviews. But given the length and nature of the game, as well as mobile gamers’ tendencies to play the same game on several devices, it does seem like a no-brainer!)

11. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Oh, sorry. I thought you were talking abouy the new saving system. Yeah! About iCloud, I will ask tomorrow morning to the team to see if it works. Last word that I had from them is that iCloud is functioning, but we will double check that.

Ayjona likes this.
  12. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I have found what I think is an unintended consequence of the new save system.

Continuing with my game on my iPad:
    I went into the boss room and was killed after I had hit it a few times and it’s health was about half.
    This time I was returned to a room, 5 rooms away from the boss (so it appears the save system was working, even though I had previously explored them). o_O

Now the concern was...... the boss health was still at half and I was easily able to kill it.
    I don’t think you, or any of us, wanted the save system to work like that. :eek:

13. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    This is intended to ease the transition to the next levels. We don't people to get discouraged so early in the game. This is just for this boss and this level. The next bosses won't have that checkpoint. Take it as a preparation for what is to come :)

stubbieoz likes this.
  14. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Is it just me or does the firing seem off? My shots don’t seem to hit until the enemies are right on top of me, it seems like the gun doesn’t have good “range”

15. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I hope the promise for MFI is true. Far too many game devs say coming next patch but never mentioned again. I’ll keep checking on this.

Fingers crossed

adin and stubbieoz like this.
  16. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I also found this to be the case with the original gun.
    However after some time you get another gun and it seems to be a lot better.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Finally had a chance to take this for a spin after initially buying it a couple of days ago and I just can’t commend Blini Games enough for how downright fantastic this is. So atmospheric, so unsettling. I love it.

I’m kind of kicking myself in the ass for not trying this pre-patch, and I hate to be the guy to point this out, but there are still remnants of the PC/console version in here that probably should be replaced. By that I mean things like “Press any button to continue”, that should of course be “Tap anywhere to continue” and I believe there was something super early on as well, but I can’t recall what it was.

Regardless...magnificent. Magnificent game. I cannot wait to spend more and more time with it.

adin likes this.
  18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Hmm you buy this from a shop I assume? You must have this by the time you get to the cemetery I guess because I can’t see myself surviving long there with the one I have. I guess you can replay the earlier levels to grind for gear?

19. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #159 stubbieoz, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    I have only just finished the first chapter and the new gun was acquired by
    killing the first boss
    I have only come across one merchant in the Old Mansion, and he had no guns.

As far as I can tell, at this early stage in the game, it is not possible to replay earlier levels (hopefully I am mistaken).
    edit:
    A couple of pages back Gwarmaxx stated something about replaying levels so considering you are at the Cemetery, which is further than I am, I would have thought you would know that already. :D

20. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Sorry, what I mean is that before I confirmed the iCloud saving is working actually, I haven’t played the game on iPad before but only on my iPhoneX, so that is where the safe file comes from, when I installed the game on my iPad and started the game, there is a message said that it found a save file, so I use it then all my iPhoneX progress is moved to my iPad, that is how the iCloud saving work.

Ayjona likes this.