Universal Lovecraft's Untold Stories (by Blini Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Is there any way to add confirmation of passing through chapters? I accidentally stepped on portal and it threw me away.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #122 Gwarmaxx, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    no way sadly... now i understand how it works: each level after the mansion has a sublevel, so you must to complete the main one beating the boss and finding all secret rooms (use eye of azatoth if you don't want to search all of them), then don't jump in the circle, otherwise you'll come back to the SP skipping the sublevel which is also part of the main story, search instead the special key and then the entrance to sublevel, and repeat all above (beat boss, search secret rooms, etc).

i've played for 10+ hours and completed this levels:

Coutyard (the short start)
    Mansion
    Hospital > Laboratory
    Cemetery > Crypt

there should be other 2 levels + its sublevels, if i have not misunderstood.

btw, buy a Thompson asap, really useful.

stubbieoz and nickhoola like this.
  3. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    I have completed Detective Story... and Doctor’s Story is a mess. Too much enemies, which you can’t dodge. Barely made it to chapter two.

4. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It won't transfer save data between my iPhone and my iPad, and I can find no indication in the game nor in iCloud settings that it does. What kind of iCloud functionality does it give you, and was it enabled by default?

5. Blini_Games

Blini_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Gwarmaxx is basically right. Our game rewards exploration. You can, of course, replay levels fast to farm objects, info & cash if you need it and leave using the portal, but you should
    The Professor is quite a different character. Each of the 5 playable characters, in fact, have a unique gameplay style. With the Professor you cannot use the same gameplay style of the Detective. Focus on the Explosive shot. Try to get a Speed item as soon as possible (Maybe farming with the Detective and leaving it in the Strange Place for the Professor) This way, you can run around the room, gather the enemies, and shoot the explosive round in the middle, also use the shield to avoid extra damage.

This is the official walkthrough that we did of the Professor. It is the PC version, but it sure gives you an idea of how the Professor works.

Lull4by likes this.
  6. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    You need to beat a chapter at least, for example, you beat the chapter 1 of the detective, then you will go to a place named “Strange Place”, basically you already save the file if you went to the place, but if you don’t sure about it, there is a box in the right side of the strange place, check it and leave, then you would see a line of words show up, that means you save the game manually.

BTW there is no save in my iPad since I played the game on my iPhoneX, so I don’t know what will happen if you play the game on both side (iPad and iPhone) with different game progress.

7. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    iCloud should work just fine with our game. If you have the game on several devices you should be able to download the progress. Please tell us otherwise so we can check it internally.

8. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Second chapter boss is hard to dodge even with wings. It shoots in every direction while spawning similar enemies that shoot in every direction too

9. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Dear all,
    The patch 1.3 received the approval, and we just pressed the release button. Please update your version, play it, and tell us your thoughts about the new Save system, and the other improvements that we mentioned already in this forum. :)

Very much looking forward to hearing your comments, ideas & suggestions

The devs

adin and nickhoola like this.
  10. Brightsiderus

Feb 1, 2017
    Great! Maybe it will make my life easier with the doctor

11. denisvjcr

denisvjcr Active Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Bought it yesterday and love the game.

12. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Dear investigators of the unknown,
    Please give us some love and stars! Your reviews matter a lot and help us improving our ASO on the App Store. One minute of your time means a world for us. <3

Thanks in advance,

The Devs

stubbieoz likes this.
  13. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    The iPhone X button setting is still weird, the setting display is not the same as the gameplay display.

Pictures are from the previous version, but the situation is the same.

34B7596F-25A0-46F9-BCE0-61F71BDC48D6.jpeg

24813396-9B56-463E-912D-9AB29D690DEC.jpeg

14. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Yep, we are still working over that issue and it should be solved in the next patch. Is the "notch" issue that you reported a few days ago solved?

Lull4by likes this.
  15. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Yes, that is solved, thanks for fixing.

16. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Nice! :) Starting tomorrow, we will work over the Control setup issue and other fixes.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If your progress from your iPhone has not carried over to your iPad, what kind of iCloud functionality are you referring to? Have you deleted the game and reinstalled it, and your progress remained? (Which is half of what makes iCloud backups so valuable, of course - especially in a long game with lots of progression elements such as L'sUS - but cross-device savegames is just as vital.)

How do I "download the progress"? I begun L'sUS on my iPhone (and reached the Strange Place, saved, went on to the next chapter, etc), but when I launch the game on my iPad, there is no button or option to download my save file from iCloud, and nothing downloads automatically.

18. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hmm... Tomorrow we will check in the studio if there are any issues with iCloud.

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The new save system appears to be not working for me.
    I am currently in the room for the first boss in the mansion. So far I have not killed it and keep returning to the room when I die.

There are some unexplored rooms in the mini map that show I have to still get some info exp and books from them.
    So I go to them and get them and they are definitely more than 5 clear rooms away (playing on normal difficulty). My gold and exp has increased accordingly. I then go to the merchant and sell the books for gold.

I then go back to the boss and get killed again.
    Upon restarting the game again, my character is returned to the room before the boss and the exp and gold I had acquired before has gone and the mini map shows the rooms are once again unexplored.

So unless I am totally misunderstanding the new save system it seems to be not working as intended.

20. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello,
    Besides the new saving system, there are the basic checkpoints which we haven´t eliminated. There is one right outside of the Mansion boss, so in case you die, you don´t have to repeat the whole Mansion from the beginning.

Still, there seems to be a small conflict between the regular checkpoints and the new saving system. I will check that tomorrow with the team.

Thanks a lot for reporting this!