Universal Lovecraft's Untold Stories (by Blini Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Here are my thoughts to improve the save system without changing a lot:
    1. Give a tutorial or something to make people know how to save the progress in the game at the first time.
    2. Show a icon or something to make people understand that they already save the game.

icoker likes this.
  2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thanks for your reply Mr. Dev wish you luck with the game but this just ruined it for me. I am going to ask for a refund no matter how much i love the gameplay. We are talking about mobile gaming here there is no way i am going to play for so long just to save the game after so much time. There are many differences in mobile gaming and in console-pc gaming and in my opinion saving wherever you want is one of the most important. Wayward souls was exceptional at this. I closed the game without pressing anything and then it resumed exactly where i left it. Also i do not get the meaning of icloud save? I played on my iphone for 20'? minutes opened in ipad said there was an icloud save and that i would resume where i left it and everything was lost. Anyway whoever likes these kind of games if you do not mind the save system you will be pleasantly surprised! This game is beautiful. Just not for me!

icoker, stubbieoz and anthony78 like this.
  3. Blini_Games

Blini_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2019
    #23 Blini_Games, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Hello Sakara, the dev here! :)
    The saving system works on a finishing level basis and mid-level checkpoint. Let me explain:

1) If you die on a level and click on restart, you will start from the beginning of that very same level, with the very same objects that you had when you first came in.

2) If you complete the Mansion level with the Detective, you will go to The Strange Place. This is like a general hub or checkpoint for every character where you can save the position and store objects that you can share with other playable characters when you start a new game with them very useful so you don´t start a new story from scratch.

3) Savepoints: On many levels, if you are lucky, you will find the same storage of the Strange Place in a room. You can store or pickup objects, and your position will be saved. If you die later on, instead of starting from the beginning of that level, you will do it from the Storage.

4) If you decide to start a new game with a character that you played before, you can start from one of the locations that you completed earlier.

5) Also, you can minimize the game or switch off the phone if you don´t have time to play anymore, and the action will pause until you open it up again.

And that´s it :)

Ijipop and Lull4by like this.
  4. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello Repulsa, Dev here. About the inventory issue, you have the belt for shortcut access to items. Just drag the items that you need to the belt, so you can quickly tap on them.

Think about it this way, if you have a bunch of crazy cultists behind your back, attacking you, it is not the best moment to open your backpack and search for an item :)

5. Darth Stallker

Jun 4, 2019
    Male
    #25 Darth Stallker, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    > When you pick it up you need to play to progress until the next quick session and before you get a call or something comes up. This is the difference between mobile and a 2hour dedicated play session on consoles-pc.
    Actually, we made the levels for the mobile version much smaller and the success game session will be shorter.
    But that's ok. We understand that our game is not for everyone.

>Also, the app pictures look way more pixelated than the gameplay videos on youtube.
    That's weird. Every gameplay video was taken from the PC version and it has the same graphics than the mobile one.

6. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Just curious that Is there any chance to get the same experience as the PC version? like bigger maps and more levels?

I don’t complained the save system at all because I played Rogue-like/Rogue-lite games a lot, all I cared is how good/long the contents are.

7. Darth Stallker

Jun 4, 2019
    Male
    Regarding the game experience, in our opinion it doesn´t change much, just the game sessions will be shorter.

The basic things like the levels, the rooms, the minievents and the battles against monsters remain in the game. Just the amount of rooms changes being for the PC and console version X rooms, and in the mobile version X/2.

Gwarmaxx and Lull4by like this.
  8. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Thanks for replying, I would like to finish the game on iOS first, then I might get a Steam copy later to support you, hope you could update more contents in the future.

adin and Darth Stallker like this.
  9. Darth Stallker

Jun 4, 2019
    Male
    Thank you!
    Hope you will like it!

adin likes this.
  10. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Amazing game,is also available for android?

11. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello ip4weather, that is our next milestone :)

12. RoRo123

RoRo123 New Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Male
    Hi devs! Possible in future to translate this game in french? Thx you

13. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello RoRo123,
    This game is very complex text wise and we work with localization on a demand per territory basis. Right now we are finalizing the German localization. If we see that the demand over French territories makes logical a localization we will do it for sure.

14. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Hey, I found the game lacks some contents/informations in Chinese, is that a bug?

15. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    It most definitely could be. Could you send a screenshot?

16. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Any mfi support planned?

17. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello Skall, we are working on that. Hopefully, we can give you an answer about this pretty soon.

Skall likes this.
  18. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Information missing:
    545EE356-F4C9-4F32-B0F3-C918CA5C991C.jpeg

Text too small:
    EF4D7C61-9260-4AC4-A844-F5D374EEB5E2.png
    03E9F68B-F85A-4592-AFB7-1AD75CC18802.png
    DFD7B545-7A2A-40A3-BE6D-64C3B9E7B697.png
    A83937A8-A916-4618-89C2-7B74EA21D188.png

Incomplete Information:
    97F43BC0-B88B-4E4E-A5EC-F311E148BFEE.jpeg
    It says “In a place known as Legrasse...” in Chinese.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    in this case i'm with devs, i think the save system is really good here, 'cause levels are not so big and with an auto save the game would last for 1 or 2 days at most... honestly, i don't like to put 10 bucks to burn them in 1 day, i'm not a freakish child that needs to get all characters and beat the final boss asap!!!
    besides, you can play it when you're not busy, just try to find the right time, it's not a game to play on a bus/train/walking, come on, after 10+ years of iOS gaming we still have to specify that?!?!

@Blini_Games @Darth Stallker is it possible to have an option to get bigger maps/levels like the Steam version? will the game evolve and get new levels and characters in the future?
    anyway, great game guys, a must have for me.

20. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello Gwarmaxx,
    Thanks a lot for your support. You will still have plenty of gameplay hours in our game in order to finish it. On PC and consoles is about 20 to 25+ hours of gameplay if you know what to do. In the mobile version it will be about 5h. less due to the smaller maps, but that´s it.

Still, of course we plan on adding new content in the future for every platform iOS included :)

Ijipop, Lull4by and Gwarmaxx like this.