Universal Lovecraft's Untold Stories (by Blini Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 3, 2019.

1. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    aiming is very bad in this game,starting new game and can't kill many monsters in hospital when pressing switches in four corners,this easy mode isn't really easy...

Ayjona likes this.
  2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i think i've just found an issue: i'm with the professor at sublevel 1 (Pickman catacombs) on normal, and the game doesn't save every 5 rooms, as it should be... i died somewhere 4 times, restarted, and there's no way to have a save point every 5 rooms!

i'm starting to think that this game has got serious issues with the save system in last updates, 'cause i never had this problems before.

3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Pickmans Catacombs is bugged for me too. It will not save any progress in the catacombs. And death results in having to start the catacombs completely over and I do not have the option to do anything other than restart or go to the main menu, there is no option for the strange place.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  4. Blini_Games

Blini_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello, the sublevels are a special kind of levels, much smaller in size than the regular levels, and they have no checkpoint nor the 5 room saving system. You can restart from the beginning of the sublevel though if you die.

Pickman catacombs, Secret Laboratory, and the Green Fire Caverns are three examples of this type of sublevels.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  5. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #305 Laenor, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Finished the game over the weekend in normal mode.
    I had a great time !

Fully recommend the game.

Some things which are a bit frustrating :
    Items not showing details on their benefits makes it hard to compare them to decide which items to use.
    Secondary weapons which require aiming are hard to use with touch screen (but not mandatory.. )

I m still missing one thing, that is use the necronomicon properly

6. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Wow!! Congratulations on the first finished game reported!!
    About the items comment: We inspired ourselves on Binding of Isaac Rebirth where you don´t have a detailed explanation of each item, in numbers, but only in practice. We understand that showing lots of numbers is a very clear RPG element, and, despite our game has som RPG elements, this is not the case.

About the Necronomicon: There are two ways to use the Necronomicon:

1) There are 3 copies in the game (Arabic, Latin & Greek) All of them spawn monsters when you use them, but each one of them gives you a different item of the set Ash. (Shirt, Trousers, Chainsaw). Needless to say that the stats of these items are amazing.

2) Once you have defeated all the Great Old Ones, try reading one of them in the middle of the Pentagram...

Allow me to ask you:

1) What character did you enjoy the most? And the least?
    2) What level design did you like the most? And the least?
    3) How long did it take you (more or less) to complete the whole game?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

7. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #307 Laenor, Jul 1, 2019
    That's exactly what I did, but it only summoned more monsters. I'll try again tomorrow.
    Do I need to wear Ash items ? Because when I tested, I didn't.
    (I have 3 books + 3 items)

1) I guess I loved the rogue, but she's a bit too powerful once you get access to energy regeneration + life boosting items.
    2) Hum. I loved the Mansion level design. Everything is pretty good, but the mansion tiles are probably the best to me.
    3) A long time. Long, long time. Dunno, far more than 15 hours. There were several times where I had to redo a level again and again (mainly sublevels) due to no save system + ennemies being deadly while I'm stupidly stockpiling consumables..

I believe the biggest wall I faced was against the Shoggoths, especially he boss which is brutal.

Edit .: Note, the Achievements are not active on iPad, so maybe others have finished the game as well :D

8. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    You need to have defeated all 5 Great Old Ones, and have the 5 pylons of the pentagram activated.

Thanks a lot for your answers :)

9. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #309 Laenor, Jul 1, 2019
    That's exactly what I did. Weird.
    I ll try again tonight

Edit.: Just tried again, worked like a charm this time - I probably wasn't in the center of the pentagram previously

10. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Awesome! :)

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    TLDR; I really want to buy this game but the issues reported here prevent me from pulling the trigger. On the brighter side, the dev seems to be an active listener here.

12. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    #312 Blini_Games, Jul 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    What are those issues that you are referring to? Could you be more detailed?

13. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Sure, for starters, the issues noted in posts #282 and #301

14. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Well, about the Game center, I can only tell you that it works :) we would be receiving plenty of reports otherwise.

About the aiming issue, my recommendation is to download the Lite version that we published not long ago. It is free and includes two levels. You can test it for yourself
    :)

ColeDaddy likes this.
  15. ColeDaddy

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks....will do!

16. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Confirmed, I have no issue with Aiming (Only aiming with some of the secondary skills, mainly due to lack of ... fingers to put on my screen :D )
    No issue as well with Game Center.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #317 Ayjona, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Either I still don't understand the save system, or there are some persistent issues :)

I resumed my Normal playthrough earlier today in the Hospital, and entered a room full of nasties (the room with several winged beasties, as well as draped bodies that rise from the floor and run at us, and a south-facing door with tentacles that leads to the Abomination boss). After Molotov cheap-shotting my way past that fight, I adventured for another 10-15 minutes, opening quite a few (well above five) rooms I had not visited before, without any more battles. I then quit the game.

Upon continuing my playthrough just now, I'm back outside the room of nasties, all subsequent progress lost.

(I play on an iPhone 8, latest stable iOS release.)

18. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello Ayjona,
    The save works as follows. On Normal mode, you have to visit 5 new previously unexplored rooms for the game to save the progress. My assumption is that after that nasty room you didn´t visit 5 new rooms. Please, try it again. When the progress is saved, you will see the icon of a disk next to your character's image.

19. EnGeneral

EnGeneral Member

Mar 24, 2013
    hey, any word on a potential android release?

20. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello EnGeneral, we are working on the version. Most probably will be ready after summer but we cannot still confirm the date.