Universal Lovecraft's Untold Stories (by Blini Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Blini_Games

Blini_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello! Did you do the quest in the level where you investigate and get the evidence of what happened to Castro's brother? That will be of great help when you face Castro and the other character.

Speed is great but Castro is a really hard dude, some extra damage won´t hurt. Any extra help (Invisibility or invulnerability) will be more than useful in this difficult encounter.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wtf is Catro, the fat guy in the port?

3. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    #243 pathogen541, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019
    Yes, that fool is destroying me.

4. twohoots

twohoots Active Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Just picked this up, I died in the opening area by hitting the crates filled with TNT (ha!), when I restarted, I can no longer use my melee move. Is that a known bug?

5. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Wow! That´s a weird bug indeed! Thanks a lot for telling. We will fix it for the next patch!

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    There’s a lot of people in this thread asking for things or wanting a fix for something but (from what I’ve seen) there’s not many people offering a thankyou. We are very lucky as iOS users to have direct contact with the developers of games and sometimes we forget that fact. I just wanted to let you know that most of us (hopefully all) really appreciate that you come here & take the time to talk to us about your game & listen to people’s concerns. Thank you for doing what you’re doing and also for caring about your game.

7. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Thanks a lot! :) We love what we do and the best reward for us is having a community that recognizes this. Even with our limited resources, we try to make the best we can. Soon, we will bring great news :)

8. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    Very very very good point. @Blini_Games thank you for making an awesome game, more over, thank you for being an awesome developer!!!!

stubbieoz likes this.
  9. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
  10. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
  11. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    have a long weekend so i started it today. It’s all i expected, and the icloud is working for me.
    Two things:
    1) aiming needs reticle BAD. especially with the shotgun my first shot goes to gauge where i am aiming and the second actually hits the target. Then its long reload time and the mobs and first boss hit HARD. (he killed me in 3 seconds)
    2) i didnt find this strange place where you are supposed to save stuff for your next run. Do we find this in every stage?

stubbieoz and pathogen541 like this.
  12. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    That is EXACTLY what I’m saying about the reticule. Really only one shot may as well count when using the shotgun. The MG is really the only fun I’ve found this far that is actually EASY to use.

andsoitgoes likes this.
  13. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello, you get to the Strange Place after each level completed. It is like a checkpoint between levels.

The first shotgun is a very basic one but you get a better weapon in the chest at the top end of the boss room. Try dodging it and opening the chest to pick everything up and give that boss a lesson.

ramzarules likes this.
  14. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    #254 Lull4by, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    1. After you enter the boss room, the boss will rush to you, what you need to do is rush to him quickly then kite him with your shotgun, just run and gun like drawing a circle, keep enough distance to dodge his fire balls, then you can kill him really soon.

2. Once You kill the first boss, there is a portal show up and it would teleport you to the strange place, don’t forget to loot the blood box and get the book in the north side first.

15. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Actually I find the shotgun is better at killing small targets like bugs and rats, so it is great to keep a shotgun in your bag.

stubbieoz likes this.
  16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #256 Ayjona, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    In spite of my disagreements with the devs over a few elements of the game, I must say that this is pretty much my ideal dual-stick shooter - or as close as any have come - and one of my favourite action-RPGs-adjacents for iOS. The focus on fighting small groups or single enemies over hordes, the relative realism of the combat mechanics and physics and the emphasis on positioning and precision and item use makes the action hugely satisfying (and reminds me of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light and Wayward Souls in similar doses. Could do worse for a comparison, could hardly do any better). Together with an iconic and still hard to ape literary setting, immersive atmosphere and a good bit of narrative, there is very little else I’d wish for!

@Blini_Games, the iCloud bug persists, though. The game will not download my progress from my iPhone 8 (latest stable iOS release) to my iPad Pro 9.7’ (also latest stable iOS release). I’ve tried over different connections, before and after the patch, and even tried downloading the game on another iOS device with no progress sync success. Are there any potential fixes for this?

I’ve also experienced a few interface bugs, like others in this thread, on my iPhone 8. Sometimes my combat item buttons will stop working entirely. I haven’t found the steps to reproduce the bug, but force-quitting and relaunching the game will resolve the issue. I also cannot increase my right aim stick in size, only shrink it/move it past the screen edge. Neither of these bugs have shown up my iPad.

It also seems to me like the sticks could use some additional tweaking. Aiming and moving feels much less exact, smooth and natural than Wayward Souls/Mage Gauntlet (one of the best examples of splendid dual-stick controls). Perhaps this will improve when I can resize the stick areas properly, though!

Regardless, you’ve made a spectacular game!

pathogen541 likes this.
  17. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    I think I effed up and need to restart my game. My character is struggling so hard to defeat Castro. I have way too much speed upgrades and 0 damage/invulnerability items. My dude runs like lighting, but his attack is so weak that even the two minions castro keeps summoning end up taking BUCKETS of bullets to bring down. OH WELL..... Ill give it a few more trys, but I have a feeling im gonna have to give it another go from the beginning.

18. pathogen541

Jun 19, 2016
    That firing stick bug has gotten me killed more times than just about anything else. I too have an iphone 8, and because you can only shrink the stick size, which is already tucked entirely too far into the bottom right hand corner, I end up sliding my thumb off the play area when aiming towards the bottom right hand side of the screen. Nothing too major, but frustrating none the less.

Ayjona likes this.
  19. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello! We are doing as many tests as possibles but (sadly in this case) they are all the time positive. Sadly, because if we cannot reproduce the problem, it is hard to find a solution. There could be something, but it seems to be pretty elusive and the iCloud is working as intended for many users, which is the most strange thing here.

I can tell you that we are working on an upgrade that will detect and show in-game if the game has been successfully saved on the i-Cloud, and it will be much easier to test it. (Hopefully, we can add this on the next patch, but still not 100% sure)

The best thing about disagreements is that they take you to productive conversations, and we feel that the one that we had with you, was a pretty good one :) Soon we will publish the patch notes of the future patch and it comes with pretty good news!

Ayjona and stubbieoz like this.
  20. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello everyone,
    So here is an advance of what we will manage to include in the next patch. There will be official patch notes :

1) We will fix the issue with the controls setup. It should work properly on every model
    2) MFI controllers supported.
    3) Resolution to several bugs (More details to come)

These are the (for now) confirmed points. Depending on the time, we may add more things to the patch. It will be ready next week + approval time.