Universal Lovecraft's Untold Stories (by Blini Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BigDich, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Blini_Games

Blini_Games Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Hmm... Maybe, maybe not. By reading this, my first impression is that with this change you will have a finger moving up and down over the screen constantly, blocking the view of what is going on, and the risks of tapping by accident the map, the inventory or the menu is high, but I could be wrong.

We will discuss it internally :)

2. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    My opinion on this still stands: I think the cursor that's already there for aiming your ability would be sufficient. It pops up when you start shooting, just like it pops up when you are aiming your ability. Same idea, same cursor. Just knowing which direction you are aiming would be helpful. Its super easy with the MG, because you can just spray bullets in the direction you want and use that as your indicator, its a bit more difficult with weapons that require a reload often, like the winchester or the shotgun.

An example: say you are in a room fighting two cultists, one at the top of screen, on at the bottom. You kill the dude up top with your two shotgun rounds, but homie behind you still needs to catch his led enema. During the reload, you have no idea where you are aiming, because there is no visual representation for the direction you are pointing UNTIL you start shooting. The first shot may miss, but you could line up the second because you have an accurate visual representation of which direction you are aiming by the directions the bullets travel. Most games, this wouldn't be that big of an issue, because you could just recoop that health loss and move on. But in this game, some of these rooms are FLOODED with baddies, and every shot counts, especially when enemies can stack debuffs on you, until you are a poisoned, bleeding, stunned, frozen mofo.

That is my thought and reasoning behind it, this game is difficult as is, being able to know without question that my shot will find is target is important to staying alive....at least for me. lol THATS ALL!!!

stubbieoz and Lull4by like this.
  3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Lovecrafts Untold Stories already had the iCloud button turned on in the settings by default for both my iPad and iPhone.
    I simply do not get any offer to load an iCloud save.

So I uninstalled the iPhone version again.
    I then started the iPad version. The Game Center “welcome back stubbieoz” message shows up, reaffirming what account I am using).
    I play until the save icon shows up next to the character portrait. I am in chapter 2.
    I then turn off the game.

I then reinstalled the iPhone version.
    I started the game (the Game Center “welcome back stubbieoz” message comes up, proving that I am using the same account) and I waited 5 minutes to see if the, iCloud save detected, message showed up on the iPhones main screen.
    It did not.
    So I started a new game on the iPhone as that is the only option I have available to me.
    That takes me to the “select difficulty” menu and then the “Detective John Murphy” menu. When he is selected I tap on the Go button.
    And that starts me in the Prologue.

Can someone offer some suggestion to me what I am doing wrong because something seems to be terribly amiss here, if I am understanding correctly how this games iCloud saving system is supposed to work......

.....because this is bugging the bejesus outa me. :confused:

4. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Although I just completed the 4th episodes of Detective, anyone knows how to cure this kind of poison? I keep trying to cure myself by antidotes, but I still keep being poisoned until I used the golden bug.

149458EF-03EF-4D20-96E3-54EFA10B661A.png

5. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    #225 Blini_Games, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Hello, you mean the two icons under the character's photo? If that is the case, these are curses that you get when you activate the altars of the Great Old Ones, in exchange of a very powerful item.

You can eliminate those curses with a Nodens' conch or the Elder sign tablet.

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    those green hives that release bugs?
    you can kill them with melee attack... i was also stuck on that, lol o_O

7. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    #227 Lull4by, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    No I mean the green hive by my character, I remembered that I also got a curse seems relate to parasite.

8. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    Well in my situation, I killed all bugs but I still keep being poisoned no matter how I used antidotes to cure myself, the room was keep locked as well so the only way to leave is to use "gold bug" to teleport to somewhere.

9. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Ahh! Right, there are two different bug traps, yeah, and one of them give you the condition "Parasite". You can get rid off it by using Essential salts, or the worst case scenario, resurrecting with an ankh :)

Lull4by likes this.
  10. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    If the room is locked it is because there is one of those bugs still alive somewhere in the room and, yeah, they are really annoying but their poison is really slow, so I suggest you to destroy every egg first and then use the antidote unless you have a ton of them :)

Lull4by likes this.
  11. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    BTW I think I find another bug, I once used an unnecessary item accidentally, so I try to use the restart function, then I find the scanning machine would close randomly, EVEN I didn’t use it before, is it a bug?

12. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hmm... I tried to repeat the bug, but everything works ok here.

1) When I found the scanning machine I restarted the game and I appeared to the last saved spot. I went back to the scanning device and it was still opened.

2) I did the same, but instead of Restarting the level with the game menu, I closed the game. Opened it again, and the scanning device was still opened.

Did it happen to you once, or on several occasions?

13. Lull4by

Aug 21, 2014
    About 2~3 times I remembered, it seldom happened though, I would try to record it next time if I have a long free time.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    happened also to me, find it already used a couple of times...

15. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    A video will be really useful to understand the conditions of the bug and be able to reproduce it. Thanks in advance for your help!

16. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I do not think you are doing something wrong. I believe there is a problem with the game. After the update i play on both devices (iphone and ipad) and only 3-4 out of 10 times i get the option to load the game from icloud when i change device. In your case it is worse it seems but the problem is the same. I checked my other games in case this was the icloud's problem and they are working just fine. So yeah not your fault but the game's.

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    Hello guys,
    We are aware that the current iCloud system is not as convenient as it should. We are working on a better way to show you in-game, if the game was successfully saved in the i-Cloud. More details to come soon!

Ijipop and sakara214ever like this.
  18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Ohhhhh I never use melee attack so :p explains why these keep destroying me and also do these really decrease your sanity too?

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  19. Blini_Games

Jun 4, 2019
    There are some bugs that give you the "parasite" condition, and these are extremely dangerous because while you are under this condition, you lose sanity constantly.

The green bugs damage & poison you.

The Detective, the Thief & the Ghoul can kill them with the melee attack.
    The Professor can use the shield.
    The Witch can teleport herself.

pathogen541 and Gwarmaxx like this.
  20. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Any word on the next update, and what will be in it? PS - Castro is kicking my ass. Or whatever his name is. Any tips? Maybe im just not geared right? All my stuff is for speed.