Universal Love You To Bits (by Alike Studio and Pati.io)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 25, 2016.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Sorry to be daft but what's the bug were talking about here? I've gone back the last few pages and I can't see anything.... I'm on air 2 9.2 and haven't come across any issues (yet)

2. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I noticed with the new update (only new languages support) that you changed the minimum requirements to ios 8. Sad. First you had ios 6 and I wished for a ios 7 fix but now that you have changed it, I believe you will not support it at all :(

So, if we will update to ios 9 we can play this game but we cannot play Tiny Thief anymore.. If we will not update it, we cannot play this. We cannot also update it to ios 8 because Apple no longer signs it so if we have ios 7, we have to go straight to 9..

I know that there is the refund option BUT the point is that we would prefer a better compatible solution between these two great games.

3. Ben909

Ben909 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Regarding the issue where the game froze for me after level 4 and the music just kept playing...
    At the time I had 600mb free space on my ipad. I deleted a large app (1.5gb) and it resolved the problem. Perhaps the people stuck with a black screen and music might find freeing up some storage might help them too?

Glad to be able to progress, looking forward to playing through the game :)

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Same here, played it twice but no second memory item, only the one from the cat.

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The devs did say earlier in the thread that they'd work on an iOS7 fix but that for now they'd recommend people don't use iOS7. Better they change it for now than let more people download on iOS7 before it's fixed.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    That's quite an unusual hidden item, as
    you don't need to interact with anything to get it, you just need to find it.

Slightly more obvious hint:
    There's a hidden area somewhere in the level that you can just walk straight into.

7. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    @orangecan a few gamers with iPad Air 2 and 9.2 iOS discuss the game not starting at all for them and trying many things still didn't solve the issue.

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks Mr.Bez found it, should have seen it my self.

This game is really great every level is completly different than the other, for me it's just as great as Monument Valley was.

9. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    @orangecan .... Check out page 4 & 6 but other pages after also discuss the issue.

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    They're all easy when you know how to get them!

11. D. Bida

D. Bida Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Damn. I wasn't sure on that one but I was leaning towards BADLAND. Some others I've found (some not game related but more pop culture)
    Level 11 (multiverse bar) - definitely Star Wars cantina
    Level 13 (the Big Bang room) - I see Year Walk for sure. Possibly other Simogo references I'm missing

12. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    So when is the black screen of death going to be fixed? Going to request a refund later today. Been screwed too many times by flaky releases to have any patience left...

13. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #133 abstractgamefreak, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    This is a valid complaint and you hit the nail on the head here (apart from the fact that I bought the additional level for Tiny Thief only two weeks ago). An apple employee advised me not to update my iPad 2 to iOS 9 and I won't -as long as my productivity apps run satisfactorily (or at all) on iOS 7. In the email I got from the Alike devs they said, they would 'look into the issue', that does not necessarily mean they will fix it. I think they took the shortcut here and accept the inevitable refunds they will have to pay. Actually I have rarely seen a game app get an update for additional support of older iOS versions. We love games but they are nondurable goods ;-)

14. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I am really enjoying the game so far but I am experiencing a rather annoying bug. When I try to leave a level the teleportation animation keeps repeating over and over again. I have to hit the pause button to leave the level. I also have another issue where the items I collect in a level are not showing up when I go to look at the list of collected items. Anyone else having these problems.

15. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just played level 16 and this level alone is worth the asking price.

16. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Bug in the Quantic Library

I had finished finding the bit, but I hadn't found the secret items. The map was fully revealed, but when I entered the door on the top floor, parts of the map disappeared, and my character would not reappear. I couldn't get any response from the game, and had to force quit it. It happened twice so far for me. (Ipad mini, running 9.2.1)

17. Thanks. This bug will be fixed on the next update.

18. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #138 y2kmp3, Feb 29, 2016
    Finished game. Got all memories. In many ways superior to Tiny Thief. More intricate puzzles and better storytelling.

Agree that the story is unfinished, though understandably left with a cliffhanger for future updates.

Contrary to some previous posts suggesting that this game is too short, I think the game is of actually quite a good length. Many of the later levels take about half an hour each to solve completely (finding all of the memories and trying out all of the interactive hotspots), so the whole game lasted at least 6 hours of playtime for me.

Some of the memories in later levels are very tricky to get, as it is possible to lock yourself out of retrieving them once you performed certain actions prematurely. The only way is to replay the level from start and try again.

I am unsure how intentional the developer wants to use the game's story to explore deeper themes. Whether or not by chance, the story surprisingly touches on a lot of mature themes like the meaning of love, discrimination, sacrifice, redemption, and so on.

Highly recommended!

19. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #139 Gambler, Feb 29, 2016
    To be fair you said you won't buy the game because you fear there won't be any additional free content other than maybe "only" 5 - 10 new levels.

So essentially you meant all those things you're denying now. Even without explicitly saying them.

And I have to agree with the posters replying to you before me. Even if there won't be any updates this game still gives anybody a great bang for the buck. It's an amazing experience well worth 4 dollars. And considering the overwhelmingly positive feedback and attention the game's getting it seems more than probable that they will release the other promised levels anyway.

I had hours of fun with this game. Where else can you get this much entertainment for less than a dollar per hour? I'd even consider a single new level a gift - Of course I'd like to see the conclusion of the story but the game is worth the meager four bucks either way.

I'm sorry, even though you live a bit in denial about this but your unreasonable "gimme, gimme" attitude is the exact reason there is so much f2p cr*p in the App Store. No offense ...

20. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    The ante-penultimate lvl have the length of a full game IMO. I'm sure that alone worth few bucks