Universal Love You To Bits (by Alike Studio and Pati.io)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 25, 2016.

1. pati.io

pati.io Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Developer
    Ok. Thanks a lot. We will work on reproducing the problem and hopefully we can update with a solution soon.

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yep: I noticed that Creatiulab, the developer of Stubies, got a special thanks in the credits too.

3. nameles

nameles New Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Some great games references in level 16. Mario, metroid, and my absolute favourite, Zelda. Brilliant.

4. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Thanks

5. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #105 mr_bez, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Finished 24/24 levels, found 50/50 memories.

Really enjoyed the game and was surprised how much I enjoyed finding the memories.

Disappointed that the story doesn't end though - presumably that has to wait for the "levels coming soon", which is a let down for a game that tells its story so well.

Is there any indication of when the new levels will arrive?

6. redicius

redicius Active Member

May 8, 2014
    Game runs now, I accidentally started it with headphones. Could this be the solution? Dont wanna be the one to try it, if its not the case and I'd end up with black screen again..

7. SiliKei

SiliKei New Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Hey, in the level 22 there is a bug. in the screen where you have to put a box on the lift you have the screen that does scroll down when you reuse the ladder to get down. it doesn't show the floor at the bottom anymore so you cannot use the bottom left ladder to get back to the first part of the level :/

8. D. Bida

D. Bida Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    I've actually been writing them down and was gonna make a post when I'm finished. But I'm only at like level 12 so far. Level 3 is in reference to Monument Valley. The name of the level, the birds and totems. Nova's creator reminds me of Colossatron but I might be wrong with the reference on that. Level 8 references BADLAND. And as mentioned there's a little Stubie figure on the fireplace in level 9. As for miscellaneous stuff, I found a Ferby was one of the collectibles on level 10. lol

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm stuck on level 13, I can't find the second uncoverable item? I've found the one from the cat but not the other.

10. Alike Studio

Alike Studio New Member

Feb 28, 2016
    Wow, it’s so great that you completed 100% of the game, congratz!
    We want to share with you a couple thoughts about the story end: we were considering to put an end to the game after 24 levels, and that’s it. But we had so many new level ideas, and we wanted to reward all the players, so we decided to include more exclusive, free levels after the game was released.
    In order not to lose the essence of “Love You to Bits” and its story (to retrieve Nova), the best way was to leave the story open so that the user could enjoy a little bit more of it. Our decision was made purely thinking about the player! We’re currently working to complete the new levels as soon as possible, and we’re sure you’ll enjoy them as much (or more!) than the ones you completed already. Thank you for understanding! : )

11. iCloud sync is something that we have in mind and we will add it on a future update :)

12. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Still doesn't work on iPad mini 2. Black screen after launch ........

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

My favoutire reference is in level 19 "Back and Forths".
    Now I can't wait to play the remastered Day of the Tentacle!

This is SUCH and incredibly well designed game. Seriously clever puzzle layouts, and such cute little touches in all the animations. Clearly a labour of love for some very talented people!!

14. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    I didn't think it was possible, but this is even better than tiny thief. I love how the memories you collect have a real purpose. You're collecting them so she'll remember your whole relationship when she is fixed. Heartbreaking.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Really enjoying the game, the theme isn't as appealing to me as Tiny Theif but it doesn't detract from the experience for me at all.

Although in starting to get irritated either I'm just dumb asf or the extra items on each level get harder and harder to find. I often stay looking all over and try not to miss anything and still can't find 1 of them or sometimes both lately!

16. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I'm going back through the game trying to find all memories and yeah, a couple are completely eluding me so far!! Tricky...

17. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    This looks great and since I'm already on iOS 9.2 I'll likely get it but so bummed that Tiny Thief doesn't work on either my iPhone or ipad anymore! Ughhhhhh

18. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    After reading the whole thread it looks like I should hold off until a fix is found for the iOS 9.2 issue as I run the latest iOS on my ipad 2 air and iPhone 6. Patiently waiting as this sounds fun!!!

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's actually LIMBO. ;)

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    That's great. Before I reached the end, I was wondering how the promised new levels would fit with the narrative, so I understand. I do think that adding main story levels in updates can mean that a lot of people miss out on the plot though.

Thankfully these days I've got a bit more space on my iPhone but when I only had 16GB I didn't have space to hold onto games of this size for long. That meant that if I wanted to play levels added in an update and the game had no iCloud support (like this one), I'd have to play through the whole game again (and it's a lot harder to know that new levels have been added in the first place).