Universal Love You To Bits (by Alike Studio and Pati.io)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    The comparison is a bit like Apples and Oranges, two entirely different production values (Pixar Movie vs. AAA Game would be probably be more accurate) - There are no voice actors needed here, the engine, graphics, sound are already finished - Building new levels isn't that labor intensive as in the beginnings of development anymore

I'm aware game development is no walk in the park (rather the opposite), for this game it took about two years but devs were a little more communicative during that time - And with "news" the only thing I meant were "news" if the new levels are still planned or already worked on?

So many games especially on iOS never get finished completely (stuck on "to be continued", "New Levels coming soon" ...) out of various reasons - It's understandable that people - me included - are wary and hoping for any life sign. Especially considering how awesome this game is.

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah you are right, sorry if I pissed you off, no hard feelings.

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    From the dev team on Twitter last week - Hi! Our progress is slow but steady, and once it's ready we'll properly announce the update! Thank you for your patience <3

4. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    No way - Didn't piss me off at all, just a healthy discussion. And no hard feelings of course ;)

That's great news. Thanks for the update. Searched at the start of last week for the last time ("Love bits update") and only found updates regarding Steam Greenlight by then. Bad timing I guess considering these news came shortly thereafter (and now the Twitter news show as 2nd result on Google).

But anyway, that's very good to know, can't wait :D

5. Sorry for being so quiet this last weeks. We never stopped working on Love You to Bits. We are a really small team and besides making new levels we’ve been dealing with other things related to the game, like solving bugs or adding iCloud Sync, that took us much more time than expected.
    In less than a month the update (new levels + iCloud sync) should be out. Will give an exact date the moment we know it.
    We really appreciate your patience and support.

6. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Awesome guys, that's great news!!!

7. Fearless77

Fearless77 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Gamer?
    That got me really excited again! Can't wait to see some new mind bending worlds and also find out how the story ends.Thanks for the update.

8. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    I really need that iCloud cause it was very long run. And thanks a lot guys. It was an awesome experience.

9. Next week two new levels and iCloud Sync will be added to “Love You to Bits”!
    Already working on more free levels. Hope you enjoy them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Looking forward to the new levels. Beautiful artwork as always.

11. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Looking forward to the iCloud sync. Will play after sometime, wanna play now but it will be painful after two levels.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Update's out! :D

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    New levels. ###

Thank you!

14. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Anybody else got their save erased after the update? :(

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I had to start from scratch, but I assumed it was because I made the switch from iPhone 6 to SE pre-update and forgot that my progress was on the 6.

16. killercow

I'm still playing on the exact same device than pre-update so I'm guessing it's another bug with iCloud.. These things never go smoothly huh?

17. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Nice to have some new bits to chew on...

There is a ranking in GC. It says I solved 34 levels??? Anyone knows what is that?

18. killercow

Anyone got a save that he/she could share? Or is that no longer possible with ifunbox on iOS9?

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
  20. New Levels of "Love You to Bits" coming this month!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]