Universal Lostim - May be a creative puzzle game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Teptmi Games, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Teptmi Games

Teptmi Games Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Great job, guys. :D
    Giving an option to choose which control to use is not a problem.(Include this in next version)

We'll discuss this again. But now, hope you guys can forget about this topic(the game control) temporarily and continue the game.
    What you guys did are really really helpful to this game now. :)

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #82 y2kmp3, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    Finished game! The ending is unexpected. I am unsure if there is any deeper meaning to what I saw, as I was thinking (or overthinking) an entirely different narrative based on the intermission cut scene.

Overall, this is a very clever action puzzle game. It is a lot more challenging than I anticipated. The challenge may be even more for players who dislike timed mechanics. With this said, the puzzles in this game truly deliver a high level of satisfaction, with many light bulb moments that are testament to a high quality puzzle title.

My favorite levels are Symmetry and Remote Control.

The puzzle difficulty ramps up nicely. The last world ties up a lot of the mechanics taught in earlier worlds. Some mechanics (such as the power-push) are underutilized. Perhaps these can be leveraged in more creative ways in future updates of the game.

I will again urge the developer to troubleshoot the tap issue. This was the source of my major annoyance with the current version (1.01) of the game. Some taps clearly failed to be registered. I believe this is a programming issue. Some of the levels (such as V-VIII) require extremely tightly coupled taps and holds. Any miss likely leads to failure requiring a start over.

It is clear from the developer's posts on this forum that it is extremely passionate about this game and cares a lot about the feedback from its fans. I encourage the developer to maintain this enthusiasm and not to be dishearten by any mismatch in expectation concerning the reception of this game.

Highly recommended!

3. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    #83 Teptmi Games, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    First, your words have moved us deeply, y2kmp3. :)

1. Tap issue. Until now, this issue hasn't shown in our devices. We may need more time.
    2. 'Power-push'. Actually, some levels didn't show in the current version(about four to six 'Power-push' levels and others). We hope we can add an extra chapter soon.
    3. Ending. We think we needn't give an explanation about the ending. You get what, that's what it means.

We have played Lostim(entire game) about 100 times(Even more) after finishing the development. Although we had some testing players, but we do need worldwide people to let us know their feelings about this game.

We still don't know if we can solve our financial problems soon. We're a little bit disappointed because we haven't get enough feedbacks than we expected, that means we still don't get enough true feelings from other people. We need your feelings, because this game is not made for our devs. And from your feelings, we can know if Lostim is good enough.

That's why we need more feedbacks.

Thanks for the motivation. :p

(We hope we can get featured this month. That's will really helpful to our current situation.)

4. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Hi Teptmi, thx for the great game. i do like this kind of games and the game mechanics are great. I congratulate you on a great game. Yet unfortunately I get lost in the controls. Somehow it is not intuitive to me, my brain associates white with left and black with right, as seemingly most things go left to right in the western world. On the contrary I had no issues with the two touch controls in glow monsters. I'll wait for the one touch version and try again. For now lostim = I'm lost :-/

5. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    Can we ask which chapter you are on now? (Chapter-Level)
    Thanks

6. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Lock device rotation and then play upside-down? :D

7. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    You, yes, you. You are so clever. :p
    But we can finish the game like this. ;);)

8. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #88 Cowboy.Henk, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Chapter 2 level 5

9. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #89 Cowboy.Henk, Jun 22, 2016
    Lol, i'll try!

Edit: it actually works much better, except that I sometimes incidentally press the pause button and screw things up... :-/

10. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    'Invert Controls' option will be better, right? :)

11. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    #91 Cowboy.Henk, Jun 22, 2016
    I actually reached ch 3 while playing upside down :)

Thx, but I would not bother about switching controls.

The most intuitive, I guess, would be one button to change colour and another button to shoot. Would that work?

12. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    Just like one-zone control. More steps in some cases.(you'll know soon. :))

We'll soon add an invert controls option(some details need to be done). If you finish the game like that(upside down), it sounds a little bit wired.:eek:

13. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    Who else finished the game? :p

@saosijs You did it?

14. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Almost there!!! I'm at 5-7, so I believe just two levels to go (5-7 and 5-8). Awesome puzzles!
    (Game Center would help to see progress of players, provides game analytics, and automatically advertises the game, at least I use GC a lot to check what my friends are playing)

@Cowboy,@Teptmi, not sure if A/B controls would work (for me). Would still be 2-zone. I still believe that Tap/Hold is the most intuitive and should be the default so to not scare away players of the game at the start already.

15. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    Yes, you're right. Trying to finish the development of Game Center as soon as possible. :)

16. Cowboy.Henk

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Tap/hold would work for me too.

Currently at 5-5

17. Teptmi Games

Jun 11, 2016
    Glad to hear that. :)

18. saosijs