Lost Spinoff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Phil_Synowiec, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

I was wondering, since i love lost, Ive been on the set before, etc. Do you think there will ever be a spinoff made by someone else like Star trek, stargate, and other scifi shows. And yes I know DD and CC said there wont be anymore of Lost after that. But they could sell the rights to someone for a spin off that wouldnt ruin the show.

I know Lost is more of a drama, but its beginning to be very sci fi. I also know nothing will be as good as the original but I dont think I can live without Lost after its over. I hope they decide to make a cool spin off even if its not as good.

Would be cool to make a spin off called "The Dharma Initiative" and they could just make 1-2 seasons about that time in the timeline. They explained a lot of it in season 5 and shows a lot too. But, I think they could cook up some awesome ideas.

What ideas does everyone here have for a Lost spinoff?

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    no, you got to learn to let things be what they are and appreciate something for it's completeness instead of dragging it on forever like most things these days.

3. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    The fact that this is being said about LOST is absolutely priceless.

4. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

No kidding, I stopped watching it early in the second season right after they found the people in the tail section because there was no way in hell I was going to watch that thing for more then another season or two.

5. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    You've been on the set? Did you time-travel there?? ;)
    The show is filmed in Hawaii, not California.
    So I guess I could pretty much say I live on the set...
    :)

Absolutely. Fortunately the producers are smart enough to avoid a lame spin-off. LOST had a good run, but now it's ending. Deal with it and move on, folks!

6. Phil_Synowiec

Phil_Synowiec Well-Known Member

Yeah when I was in Hawaii I went onto the set and watched them film, talked to Josh Halloway, etc.

7. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I never really got into Lost. Love Prison Break and 24 though.

8. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    Mmm-hmmm. :rolleyes:
    And how did your date with Evangeline Lilly go?
    lol

9. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I'd rather see a new successful show rather than a spinoff of an old show. Lost is a good series but people are really getting tired of how they dragged on the mysteries and want all the answers already. Right now I believe it's the most popular show on TV (thanks to being on a popular network) and I think it's a bit overrated. Very rarely I see a show that doesn't let me down in some way and so far I think Dexter has been the only exception to this :-D

10. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

The best LOST spin-off would have to be named FOUND

11. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    I was hoping that Flash Forward would fill the void when Lost ends, but it doesn't seem to be doing very well in the ratings. :(

12. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Was gonna make another topic for this but I won't. The finale spoiler has been leaked for a few years now and they got all just about all events right from the last few seasons. I was getting tired of seeing how they dragged on the mysteries and now I know everything (don't worry I won't spoil anything)!

13. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Yeah, was hoping for it to be awesome, but it just.... wasn't.

14. gekkota

Jul 17, 2008
    I'll watch it when the new episodes return, but, then again, I'm still watching Heroes, too! lol :rolleyes:
    I don't know why...just a habit, I guess...

15. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Heroes got cancelled. LULZ!!!!!!