Universal Lost Socks: Naughty Brothers (by Power Place Publishing LP)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Mar 1, 2016.

1. PigPie89

PigPie89 Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Bookstore Clerk
    UK and Hong Kong

Grr! I wants it now!

And no, you aren't sorry at all!

I'll keep hitting buy till it works.

2. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Sorry if asked before...
    Any mfi controller support? If not, planned for an update maybe?

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Been following the upcoming thread in excitement. Haven't got around to downloading yet, but from the finished photo's and the GIF's you have uploaded it looks just as amazing finished!

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Finally unlocked Doom, but think I like using Striker better

5. nerfgames

nerfgames Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    MIFI controller is not supported yet.
    Although our game plays great without any controller(check out upcoming thread for reviews), we will add MFI support in the first updates.

6. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    TIP:
    Doom as well as bustler is not so convenient in usage as other weapons since it behaves like a grenade, not like a ray or a bullet. But it's easier to get medal's because you can throw your grenade on one way and go the other way simultaniously and therefore you can kill nibbles that are invincible for other weapons.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks for that! Been playing for a week and really taking my time. Trying to 3 Star and "crown" each level before moving on to the next.

I am a huge fan of platformers but not frantic ones....I think this balances nicely. What seems frantic at first becomes a little easier the more you play as you just react without thinking.

8. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    I am so enjoying wrecking shyt!!!!!!! Easily worth the $5 price tag. Kudos Nerf, cheers!

9. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    I'm so happy for you! It's always good to hear that Lost Socks is adored:)
    I was warried a bit since you haven't replyed for a long time:)

P.S. It would be nice if you could rate our game on the appstore:rolleyes:

10. I just want to blow things up. :p

I finally made it through the tutorial 1-1 ( I had to do the last section a bunch of times). But 1-2 is still destroying me.

11. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    I'm happy that you've made it through! That means that you have understood our core game mechanics. Now it's only a matter of practice.

Maybe try watching the walkthrough to understand how to act?
    Please let me know if it will help you a lot. That would mean that our tutorials could be better and it would be a great lesson for us.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Dear Nerfgames...I must decide, please help me.

I currently have Volcano and Disruptor....is the final boss doable?
    Because I'm having much fun trying....but I do not want lose weeks just to go back and unlock the other guns before finally completing the game after realizing it's impossibile.
    So I wonder....I can now do .....

2 cycles of the final boss...meaning I'm able to get it going on fire two times, when he crush that ball on the ground

Every time I do a little (VERY little) better...but it's once very 20 deaths :p

Any advice?

Also.....tried the game on iPad Air and yeah, it's dead gorgeous there too....but I'm so accustomed to the iPhone buttons (who thought it was a nice idea to change the layout on iPad????) that I'm going to play there.....it's perfect being so portable.

It's like having between my hands a cool Disney movie with just cuteness swapped with badassness (is that a word?).

13. I understand how to act. The tutorial was fine. :) It's more a matter of thinking of what I need to do and making sure I press the right buttons in time to do it.

(Edit, Lol my subconscious made me write "wrong" instead of "right." :p )

14. nerfgames

Dec 24, 2015
    Games
    About boss:
    Boss is VEERY HARDCORE with volcano and Disruptor:). It is hardcore but doable enough with an upgraded shredder and disruptor. And it is pretty midcore with shredder and maxed-out hurricane
    Another boss tip (Read only if you've reached him!)
    Use your heavy weapon mainly while attacking the boss, it provides much more damage than light weapon. Shredder will help you only against nibbles on this level. And you have to master the timings of course.

Well, to be honest, we haven't realised that anybody would like to play LS on two devices. And best layouts for ipad and iphone ARE different.
    We are going to introuduce ICloud and ability to choose button layout soon:)

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yes that's what I'm doing...but if there are 3 cycles...I MIGHT do it...but I'm this uncomfortable thought they are much more :p

Awesome!!!

16. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    MFi support would be great! I like the game but I find I'm dying a lot just because of the button placement (accidental dashes etc).

17. zinkdogg

zinkdogg Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    This game is friggin' hard. I haven't made it past 1-8 yet. Just got the second gun.

18. Voidance

Voidance Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Same here. I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Still having fun, though.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    My personal experience (like 30 hours later, and mind you, I'm not a pro by any means with these games) is that after a bit (let's say world 2 playing level after level not starring or crowning the previous ones) your thumbs will almost never miss the intended buttons.
    I know that, out of 100 deaths, I can blame now a misplaced press like 2-3 times at most.
    First levels (first day of playing) was like 30 percent.

Generally I never miss the right buttons, my problem, if it even exists, is that I long press the left one too late not activating the parachute.

I'm pretty sure everyone that sticks with the game for some hours will have the same experience.
    That's the same ratio of me missing buttons (or better: pressing the wrong ones) on console in the heat of the battle.

If you like these kind of games...it doesn't get better than this imho...it was LONG since I had this fun.

And please everyone let consider that this is a PREMIUM game in every aspect.
    See those stars? The Weapon shop? The powers shop? The leveling up shop?
    Imagine how 'well' they could have totally ruined the experience (for me anyway) with a free to play monetization scheme.
    If you are interested...vote with your wallet.

(Sorry for the rant, I've nothing against f2p games, but after seeing many cool devs disappearing I felt necessary remind this to everyone...complaing after the fact doesn't help anyone...and we are still talking about pocket change anyway).

20. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    ^^^ whatever Pitta wrote, i agree.

Well than, some little boss spoiler...
    Don't tap if...you know.

I decrypted and managed to destroy three weapons so far...if i ever come that far. Must have invested two hours already. OMG.

Now i'd like to see Nerfgames mimic in their faces...devil's laughters or sweating forehead, lol.
    And don't tell me anything how far or close i am. Please.

PS: unfortunately i can't leave a review on the app store with a gifted code.