Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I usually don't go for CCGs, but the RPG-framework of Lost Portal really turns things around for me. I'm enjoying this a great deal.

I agree with that. Or, at least, I was hoping for more out of teleport. :)

Something I'd appreciate seeing in the manual (or somewhere) is a breakdown of how gameplay tends to differ between characters using different colors.

2. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Glad you are enjoying the game. I've already submitted an update to Apple with a manual, but it doesn't go into detail about how gameplay might vary between colors. I have a section on colors so I can expand on that in the next update. In general, I expect to continue improving the manual as time goes on, so when you read it if you think something needs better wording / more details, just let me know.

Some of the differences for the colors are around what types of spells and creature abilities you tend to find.

Just a couple of examples off the top of my head - with blue you'll see early access to card draw, green has quite a few venomous creatures and ways to poison creatures, along with a number of other alterations. Red has quite a few destruction spells. Black has a number of ways to return creatures from the discard pile and can force discards. There is overlap between the colors and abilities though; i.e., black has some great creature destruction as well, for example. All four colors have at least one spell that can disrupt the opponent, but they are all a little unique. All four colors have some awesome magic items as well; for example, each color has a magical sword that is quite powerful, yet their abilities are very different.

3. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Update 1.0.1 released.

Added several enhancements:
    - Game manual
    - Highlighting of valid targets in duels
    - Town portal for jumping quickly back from dungeons to town
    - Intellect reworked to affect deck min & max size
    - Bug fixes and other improvements, a few card tweaks

Next up - native iPad (portrait) support, any other bug fixes/enhancements.

4. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Once iPad is supported you get my money. Unfortunately with an iPad Pro playing games designed only for an iPhone just looks blah!

5. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Great update, thankyou... I had no problems learning the game originally but now it feels more 'complete' and definitely more accessible to new players of the genre.

It's a good mix of elements from a few other ccg's that I like while still being completely its own game. Fast to play also which is good 'cause it means you don't have to do a time check to see if you've got enough time to play.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes after the universal update and I'd definitely buy extra decks/expansions if they ever released. This has joined Dream Quest, Spectromancer, the earlier Magic's and a few others with its own permanent spot on all my devices.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Hearing someone mention Spectromancer and this game together just makes me really want the iPad version of this game to happen.
    Spectromancer is one of my all time favourites and has only recently been updated to allow play on iOS 9,,,,thank the gods.

7. mechanic

mechanic Member

Feb 20, 2016
    #147 mechanic, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017

8. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The deck minimum changes only affect newly created characters as of 1.0.1, as I didn't think it was fair to enforce that on an existing character.

A character with an Intellect of 10 has a deck minimum of 40. Every 2 points on Intellect above that, the deck minimum drops by 1.

9. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    I really like the new mechanic. Seeing it, I decided to restart. I feel it's not fair not to. :)
    (I'm only at 6th level, so it's not a big loss.)

I'm looking forward to the iPad-support version!

10. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Thanks for the update. It's better overall. :)

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'm loving the HUGE time saver that is the Town Portal and the highlighting of valid targets as often, in the heat of battle, I forget which beasties on field are mana boostable.

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Does Spectromancer work on iOS 9.2? I thought I read that it got fixed but broke again? Not a fan of black edges as games don't adjust to the new iPhone size but heard so much of Spectromancer that I am considering to get it..

13. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I know Spectromancer worked for me on my iPad Pro latest iOS beta, at least in the couple of random skirmish matches, no clue if the previous problems were with mp or campaign play.

14. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    #154 luckystrikeguy, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    It works just fine and I'm using the newest os. Surprisingly enough their is still a good player base for online battles which should say something for the game since it originally came out in 07 I believe. As for this game it's so much better now with the latest update. Much appreciated ! Really really hoping for an endless mode or just a quick skirmish mode some time down the line

15. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    ipad or iPhone for Spectromancer? So excited to see developers such as Lost Portal and Spectromancer gain such a great fan base! Also finally games that are premium are getting the credit they deserve!

16. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I play on iPhone. Yeah single player card games don't come to often and I think lost portal is exceptional. Def up there with dream quest and calculords.

17. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I haven't bought dream quest but like calculords!

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I agree! We need more single player, offline card games. I have a bunch on my phone and as long as they're offline I pay for them.

19. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Agreed! I'd add premium vs f2p as well.

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Don't want to take anything away from this game. I'm enjoying it when I get time to play. But for a tip to the community, for those that are looking for more similar games, Spectromancer is one of them, but kard combat is another one out there, which is actually a reincarnation of Spectromancer of sorts. Also, Spellcraft is another one of these lane based games, which I believe should've got more attention.
    So Yeh, check those out once you've had your fill of this one.