Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Any game that doesn't use internet connection gets at least a look from me. Most of the "high profile" games are all internet only games with social media shoved in for promotion. Then you get timers. So glad we have games like this.. sometimes I'd rather just focus on my own pace and play on my own instead of trying add friends for help and then beat them at the same time.

2. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Clearly, you're not playing it enough then! I drained my battery twice on this little gem yesterday.....but to be fair, my left arm is knackered at the moment due to an operation so haven't got much else to do!! #

3. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    It will be Universal, so you won't have to buy it again. I do see quite a few iPad purchasers so I'm moving it up the priority list to at least support portrait mode natively. Landscape requires a lot more layout changes and some artwork changes to fill the screen properly, so that will take longer to get to. Thanks for the interest!

4. mechanic

mechanic Member

Feb 20, 2016
    #124 mechanic, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017

5. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So with a cindermage, it has an ability for one red aeon to cause a player or creature 2 damage. If I drag a red aeon onto it, it automatically damages the player. How do I get it to damage a creature instead? Will the ability only affect a creature opposite it?

6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Yes, direct line of sight attack - either creature or player directly in front of you.

@ LordFoul - Very good call on the iPad support for first update! Thanks.

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    I will be pushing an update soon that includes more help, town portal and some other changes. I have one more change I want to get in that will help with knowing what are valid targets. The iPad support will follow, but will take a little more time for me to code and test.

8. ffaust

ffaust New Member

Nov 14, 2013
    0 instructions, needs lots of polish. Had I knows it was this bad I wouldn't have bought it, plays like it's still in a testing phase. There are no explanations for anything....

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    #129 LordFoul, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase. I'll be posting an update soon that will have a game manual and some other improvements that should help with the learning curve. You can also check out information on the website at http://www.lostportalccg.com.

10. Themagicjesus

Themagicjesus Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Just lost 220 gold to a rat. Are you kidding me?

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Only because I also think the gold rewards/reductions is a little off, I will post this:

if you see a gold loss you aren't happy with, then force quit the app. You'll have to start the duel over, but at least this way you can "farm" for a lower loss of you're inevitably going to lose. LF please don't debug this one, as I too have desperately needed it to save some substantial losses to a rat, only to come back eventually later and win 5 gold lol. Unless this game was meant to play like a roguelike (ala dream quest)?

12. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The card loss / gold loss is similar to an ante (where you put up cards from your deck), but it is done after the game is over. The game selects cards from the loser's deck and you either lose the cards (only on hard/extreme) or an amount of gold relative to the value of those cards. So if the card happens to be an aeon you'll see a low gain/loss. If it happens to be a rare card you lose/gain a lot of gold (or that rare card itself). It can be brutal, no question. If you get your Agility up to 15+ you can tilt the odds more in your favor by stealing more cards/gold when you win.

13. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    I know this is not what makes a game, but can someone give some details on the graphics/look of the game? I've almost bought this a dozen times but haven't bit yet....

Thanks

14. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Hi, thanks for the interest! You can see a brief video of the gameplay walking through a dungeon and dueling off the website http://www.lostportalccg.com. When I catch my breath I will make a few more videos so you can see more of the game, such as the deck editor and forge in action.

The website also has some information about card types, gameplay, etc. and I'll be putting out an update very soon with a game manual and a number of other improvements that should make it easier to get started. I expect to upload it to Apple for review after a little more sanity testing.

15. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Game is awesome! I love it... Playing on my iPad... just wish it was universal... but, really, who cares... it's awesome!

16. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    So glad you are enjoying it! I have the first update submitted to Apple for review, so it should be coming soon with a Game Manual, targeting assistance, town portal and other bug fixes and improvements. I plan on making the game Universal soon as well.

17. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Wow. Great support !
    Great game !
    I think this game was missing from the Appstore. I know there are hundreds of card games but many are internet based only, others are too simple or have limitations etc.

This game needs an arcade / single player with random decks / cards and random enemies without going to places etc. Only battles. It would be awesome and a replayability at maximum level.

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I'm really enjoying the game, the moving through game levels, especially when you need to backtrack, is extremely tedious. A friend just pointed out to me the Int 20 perk is Teleportation which allows the player to effortlessly jump about the game levels. I personally think the game would be far better served if the players could teleport by default and that the Int 20 perk had some far more useful in-battle effect. I also hope you aren't then going to tie the upcoming Town Portals to a perk? :eek:

19. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Still enjoying this, but man the colors seem a bit unbalanced. And if you pop points into wisdom. You can end the game pretty quick.

20. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The Town Portal isn't an ability that unlocks, so you will get it right away. It definitely cuts back on the backtracking, so I am sure you'll like it. The 20 Intellect unlock does include an in-duel ability (you start each duel with an extra card in hand), so that is not an issue. Not sure about making teleport free, but do understand how tedious walking can be without it, so I will give it more thought. There have also been requests for path-finding, for example, so I will be looking at that as well.