Universal Lost Portal CCG (By Michael Camilli)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    If it is a card you already own, then you can always go to the Forge and create a copy of it (for the right price).

I could see it being useful to see which boss you defeated in the quest log to help hunt down avatar cards. Other cards (ie, rares and ultra-rares) generally drop at random so there is no sage that could tell you where to go to find those that you may have missed.

2. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Hmm, seems like there was a misunderstanding on my part, my understanding had been that opponents only dropped cards from their decks, so to target a specific card, you'd need to find some one who already has it in their deck, and keep fighting them till it drops. Since dungeons seem to generate multiple of the same type of enemy, if you could identify which enemy run the cards you were chasing, and which dungeon had that enemy, you could re-run that dungeon, targetting that specific enemy when given the option at forks. Are you suggesting this isn't the case, and only the avatar cards are actually linked to specific opponents?

Also, Forging seems to have two issues for deck construction. One, you can't forge cards you don't have unless its one of the ones that forge just happens to have on offer, so you HAVE to hunt for those, and Two, even if your trying to forge duplicates, the cost to forge a duplicate is unreasonably MASSIVE to the point I've just ignored the forge the entire game, yet to use it even once. For example, to forge a dupe of an ultra rare I have to give up 3 other ultra rares, 3 r rares, and 2 uncommons. I've yet to reach a point where I even have 5+ copies of even one non-Aeon Uncommon, let alone 5+ copies of rares or ultra rares of which I still have 0 of most, let alone any excess duplicates. Granted I could just blow up every other deck I have the potential to try to make, forging away every UC, R, and UR except those used in this one specific deck, but then if the deck doesn't actually work well, or isn't fun to play, or I just want to try something else again, I'm stuck, especially since there doesn't appear to be a way to make back up saves I could roll back to.

Basically the way the forge is currently set up strongly discourages experimetnation. I could understand reforging another legendary into a specific one, maybe with the cost of gold or even just a single rare, couple UCs, and a a bunch of commons, but giving up even 2 legendaries to forge something is just way too high a price, let alone 3 PLUS a ton of Rares and UCs as well.

To be clear, forgeing seems like it could be useful in the super duper late game when you've played for thousands of hours and have 5+ copies of most cards in the game, using forge just to complete the final sets of the cards whose last copies have alluded you from random drops, but at least at the point I'm at after about 3 months of playing, it doesn't seem even close to useable yet.

3. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Rares (and possibly ultra-rares) drop behind pretty much every boss. So unless you are chasing avatar cards (which only drop from specific enemies), I think you could just go through any dungeon with a chance to get the rare you want. That is true that you can pull rares from an enemy as well, so if you know one that plays with a card you want that would increase your odds by facing that enemy again (and again). Certainly nothing in the game to tell you that. The Gauntlet might be a good choice for you since you will face many boss enemies that play with more rares and ultra-rares.

I can see the forge being less useful if you are trying to collect 4+ of every card of every color. I personally usually focus on one or two colors with a particular character and run multiple characters. I find it useful to create a backup of favorite cards (when playing with card loss on extreme).

4. DanTheMeek

DanTheMeek Member

Oct 27, 2022
    Male
    Makes sense. I will say, I think at the least targetting specific dungeons could be VERY useful for building multi-color decks. Probably because aeon's make up a huge chunk of any deck, so if you get an uncommon drop, the highest odds are that its their dual aeon. With that in mind, you wouldn't happen to know off the top of your head what dungeon has the most enemies with Phoenix Egg (green + red) would you? I really want to build my first dual color deck, but forging 10+ dual aeon cards requires giving up 50+ uncommons, so I'd rather just farm them if I can then gut my entire uncommon collection.

5. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Specific enemies that use quite a few Phoenix Eggs include:
    - Tor (Troll Caverns near Boradir)
    - Mountain Dwarf (dungeons around Tryndel)
    - Kern (Ogre Mound near Tryndel)
    - Order of Flame (Felstone Keep near Darmok)
    - Verge Shaman (dungeons around Coradym)
    - Brutish Flamemage (Mount Kazul near Aerahym)
    - Katari Sage (Rakenstone near Aerahym)
    - Katari Warpriest (Rakenstone near Aerahym)
    - Astral Ranger (Tenagra near Feldyr)
    - Taurax (Deltraxia near Feldyr)

6. Grinner

Grinner Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I cropped this so that I could upload it (full size are often denied). This error happens rarely, where the arrows from the deck editing function stay on the screen. upload_2023-1-31_9-42-52.jpeg I

7. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Thanks for reporting this - I was able to reproduce it and should have a fix in the next update.

raravan and Grinner like this.
  8. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    I’m not positive about this but it looked like the Mog is not getting the life bump when the opponent uses the self consume capability. I’m sure that’s a lot easier for you to test than me.

9. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yes, you are definitely correct. There were a few cases where it wasn't getting checked, including when a creature was consumed. Easy fix, though, which I already tested out. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll try to get all of these fixes from the past few months out into an update soon.

10. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Okay, I just had a jungle snake devour a dragon egg. The egg was devoured correctly and created a dragon serpent which was immediately sent to my discard pile. That seemed very weird. Why’d the DS ‘die’? Bug or am I missing something?

11. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    That is a complicated interaction between the Dragon Egg's ability and the swallow whole ability of the Jungle Snake along with the code for handling its attack. I was able to reproduce and test a fix for it. Thanks for reporting this as always!

Grinner likes this.
  12. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    I haven’t coded for years but I can see where the consume thing, being kind of an add on after the fact, could make some problems in timing and such. Like the new consume your own guys. Consuming the Goblin Firebrand is something I don’t quite get. Like why doesn’t it affect the consumer?

13. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    The consume effect takes place as part of the casting of the creature, before it has come into play. So, the 'on death' effect triggered by the Goblin Firebrand dying also takes place before the new creature comes into play, which is why it isn't affected.

Grinner likes this.
  14. tufty

tufty New Member

Apr 1, 2023
    I really enjoy this game on my iPad. Is there any chance the next version can support Apple Silicon Macs? Thank you!

15. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    #1275 Grinner, Apr 20, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    I’m finally in Feldyr. Marc’s art has seemed to have taken a turn (not to imply that his previous work was worse, just that this seems different). Really enjoying this area with the new art and new enemies. Very cool.

16. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    My development MacBook is Intel-based, so probably not until I upgrade and can test it out.

17. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    Yes, went for a bit of a steam punk feel for at least some of this expansion. Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Deltraxia.png ClockworkAngel.png

18. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Here’s a quick little expediency thought: in the Deck edit section, instead of tapping on the current deck name to scroll down through the decks, add an up and down arrow on either side of the current name to allow scrolling in both directions. Minor but would make things a touch less cumbersome.

19. LordFoul

Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @Grinner - yes, easy enough to add a couple more buttons to scroll up/down through your decks. I am playing with it now and had to put the buttons above the deck name and below the deck itself.

20. Grinner

Oct 22, 2017
    Any luck with the landscape mode attempt?